Your Animated Film Ideas

Hmm, that is something that we

have seen before I think. BUt it is still a good idea. I can imagine a lot of humor in that.

A tiger who can’t

hunt…I like that!:smiley:

This all sounds like Happy Feet

Personally, I think anyone

with a 3-D Rending Program and a good idea, as well as the determination to STICK with that idea, has a good

chance of making their original idea for a animated movie a reality…
Of course, learning to Lip Synch and

having as many voices as Robin Willaims helps heh.

So what? no compliments on my ideas? Guess you guys did not like them.

I’ll be frank, SPACEHERO55. Maybe it’s me, but, your

ideas just don’t seem all that original. Your idea about the cat and dog being abducted…I woke up on the

couch yesterday morning to a Tom & Jerry movie on Cartoon Network that isn’t

far from it. Heheh. :wink:

More like [i]The

Wild[/i]. :wink:

~~=oP

PV - Yeah, [i]The

Wild[/i], right! :smiley:

Nexas – My thoughts exactly. If you respect

the characters and the story, and have some dough, you can create something that people will wish to

see…

And yup, that does help! :wink:

I have an idea for a film centering around tools. It would take a

look at the lives of hammers, screwdrivers, nails, batteries etc.

The title is Nuts and Bolts

Does [i]The Brave

Little Toaster[/i] ring a bell? :wink:

~~=oP

Holy cow PV! Originality must be very hard to achieve these days.

I’m not saying the idea is

bad, but if it has already been done, you need to be aware. Recycle themes with

caution.

~~=oP

Everything’s been done nowadays, which is why my novel and short stories keep taking twists

and turns. =P

WOW!!!PV Harsh, but I could say the same things about your ideas. I mean theres one

that reminds me an awfull lot of The Wuzzles and that one about the Bee, well theres Bee Movie, A Bugs Life, Antz

and Ant Bully, you simply switched Ants for Bees. The one about the Flowers Alice in Wonderland anyone?

Oh Geez!! Oh Im sorry…I did not mean to attack you like that PV, I just got upset. Im really sorry.

I

do have other ideas that I think are original. My most original idea an d the one Im working on at the moment is

“Duke Hudson”

It’s an Adventure film. It’s about this American secret agent durring WW2. It’s

like James Bond meets Indiana Jones. This is a direct thowback to the classic days of Pulp Heroes and Saturday

Afternoon Adventure serials of the 1930’s and 40’s. Characters like Doc Savage and Tom Strong which is actually

a character created recently, but was himself inspired by Doc Savage. I was also influenced by Indiana Jones, The

Rocketeer, Sky Captain, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and even Hellboy.

Im working on the script for the

feature length film right now. It’s got Undead Japanese Warriors, Brotherly Betrayal, Nazis, A really cool

Airplane Dogfight, Assasins from Morroco, Nazis, Lots of Explosions and Gun Fire and a Robot Suit and one all

american hero. Did I mention it has Nazis.

This is no holds barred white knuckle action adventure. This

is a story where good guys are good and bad guys are bad and I think it’s preatty original. This is obviously a

PG-13 idea, maybe it can get away with a PG rating.

This is probbably not your type of movie PV, But I

think it’s preatty original.

Aww - I think

Bill’s idea is really good! Nuts and Bolts is a great title! :smiley:

Now,

Bill, your turn: 2D or 3D? :sunglasses:

It’d probably be a 2D feature. :smiley:

Not to sound biased or anything here, but I agree

with PV. So many ideas have been done before that it must give some people a heck of

a hard time trying to create something original. And that’s why I say “kudos” to Pixar for making

stuff work…originally. But Bill, your idea is still cool! Heheh. :wink:

SPACEHERO55 - Wow – how cool! I’d pay to see that. Anything with gun

fights, action/adventure, explosions, and hand-to-hand combat is definitely right up my alley.

I forgot that I actually did have another idea –

one that, once again, I created when I was around the age of 7/8. And, once again, it’s not that original, but

heck. (snigger)

[i]Oreo is a young male kitten who was born into a family of six: a mother and

a father, and four other siblings who are all younger than he is. Almost as soon as he enters the world,

diminuative little Oreo notices something different about him that separates him from his immediate family and

surrounding relatives: his fur color. Unlike other cats in the neighborhood – and his family included – , he is

the only one with a black and white coloration. Every other feline in the vacinity is either a tabby, an orange

and white mix, a smokey gray, or a tortoiseshell stray…

Due to his unusual coloration, every other cat

tends to disregard young Oreo and pronounce him an “outcast”. Even his immediate family often goes so

far as to shun him from certain activities, not wanting to look foolish interacting with him in front of their

fellow neighbors. The only other cat, besides Oreo’s mother, who really doesn’t have a problem with the male

kitten’s odd fur pattern is a young female kitten by the name of Silver. Turns out that she actually rather

favors Oreo’s unique colors and goes so far as to spend time with the outcast kitten, playing and sharing

stories with him when no one else will.[/i]

There was more to the story – Oreo ends up

running off for some reason to prove that he is just as much a cat as everyone else, even if he is different in

color. The moral is, obviously, quite apparent: don’t judge a book by its coverr. Basically a story about

racism…only in a cat’s world. Heh.

And keep in mind that Happy Feet had

not even been created before I thought of this thing. Kinda odd how that happens… (snigger)

Me and my

wack stories. :stuck_out_tongue:

haha yeah, it’s been

like a century since people started doing this stuff, and we all know there are only 7 stories in the world

really. I think there’s a good indication of what works and what doesn’t - the tools idea was done quite well

more recently in kids tv series Bob the Builder (though they were vehicles mainly, it’s a good example of it I

think).

When you say ‘themes’ PV do you mean as far as visuals and character designs? Because I think

‘theme’ refers more to what the story’s about - outsiders trying to fit in is possibly the most done theme in

the industry, haha, but I’d bet good money it’s what most of the people making the films relate to… I know I

do. I think gimmicky character design is a massive let down – people see bugs and think bugs are ‘in’, or they

see cute little animals and think cute little animals are in - or cars, or toys, or anything else.

The

best of those, the ones that unfortunately set the trends, are the ones that don’t bend the story to fit the

stupid gimmick. Shark Tale was an absolute disaster because it wasn’t really a David and Goliath type story, it

was a ridiculous concoction of famous voices with a rambling, wasted script. If you’re going to do something

similar to something very famous and well received, you’d better have the guts of the thing to carry it on its

own - fish do not a great film make XD

If it’s a story the creator/audience can really connect with then

the characters should be natural, imo. I’ve always been told that if you can’t tell your story in thirty words

or less it’s no good. Haha one of our most arrogant guest lecturers was always on about how Ridley Scott pitched

‘Alien’ - he went in and said “Jaws… in space.”

he makes a good point even if he is the

most irritating man on the planet XD

Too many people imo rely on cute characters to connect with an

audience and really the character ought to be able to be nothing more than a stickman and still draw them in

before the thing even goes ahead - look at Luxo – no facial features, no limbs, no voice - and you still get

more than ‘hey animated lamp!’ from it,right?

Mitch - haha glad you like T&G! After all that

preaching about story, lol, they so haven’t got one… :wink:

vimfuego -

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Why start construction on a film if it’s not even decent or if it’s just to set a

trend? I’d much rather watch the Luxo Jr. lamp hop across the screen for two seconds than watch

Shark Tale for two hours. (snigger)

Good points,

vimfuego! :wink:

Thats a cute story Mitch and thanks for the compliment. PV let me appoligise again. I am really sorry.

We need an animated film set in the Australian Outback, With Dingos, Kangaroos, Wallabees and Koalas

Kung

Fu Panda seems really cool and original Im looking forward to it.

Ah Rescuers Down Under! What a dreadful film though, you should

make a better one!

Thanks Mitch, haha, I’m hoping that eventually the trends will fade out… I guess

that’s what happens when an industry dominated by 1 company for most of a century is hit with several companies

springing up all over? I was watching the making of the Little Mermaid and Katzenberg admitted he was ready to

cut out ‘Part of That World’ which is, you know, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FILM!! no wonder Shark Tale and Sinbad

and so many others from Dreamworks have been disasters XD it’s what happens when the people in charge stop

listening to the rest of the creative team, I guess…

Hey I liked Rescuers Down Under (even with

all it’s plot holes) and Sinbad. Honestly Dreamwork’s non CGI Animated films are not that bad. I really liked

Sinbad and Prince of Eygpt and Spirit was not that bad, although I hated El Dorado.

Chicken Run and

Wallace and Grommit are great also.

It’s their CGI stuff that I think suck. It is very difficult to be

original now days and bealieve it or not a lot of studios are afraid of originality which is a shame, they are

afraid that people wont respond to something different and unique, basically they insult their audience.