WALL•E coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 18th

I hate them for that too!

Anyways does anyone know if the box art for the DVD has been released?

How does everyone know that there will be more information on August 22nd? What happens on that day?!

Also, so the only movies so far announced to have DisneyFile are:
The Nightmare Before Christmas
WALL-E
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Are there any others?

Guys at Pixar actually want to do this and give Blu-ray exclusive features. It’s not only Disney’s decision. So you are saying that you hate Pixar…

Found this info on ultimatedisney.com:

[b][i]2.40:1, DD 5.1, director’s audio commentary, deleted
scenes, short film Presto, new short BURN•E, “Animation Sound
Design”, “WALL•E’s Tour of the Universe”; $29.99 SRP

Also in 3-Disc Special Edition DVD ($39.99 SRP) with more deleted
scenes, making-of featurettes, BnL shorts, documentary film
The Pixar Story, “WALL•E’s Treasures and Trinkets”, “Lots
of Bots” storybook, and DisneyFile digital copy

2-Disc Blu-ray ($35.99 SRP) with exclusive BURN•E picture-in-picture, Cine-
Explore, Axiom Arcade, Geek Track, and BD-Live

and 3-Disc Blu-ray ($40.99 SRP) with digital copy[/i][/b]

Definetly getting the 3-disc DVD. :-D)

Wow, the DVD has so much more than predicted! I’m guessing the Blu-ray also comes with The Pixar Story…
I’m also definitely getting the 3 disc set!

Question: Are the 3-disc and 2-disc releases exactly the same except the 3-disc has those additional features as detailed in the second paragraph?

I’ll be getting the 3-disc DVD, since I don’t have a Blu-Ray player. The movie file I can do without though, but what can ya do? It’s a much better release than Ratatouille and Cars - maybe Pixar listened to us after all? If only they figured out earlier that us Pixar fans will pay more for extra DVD features (even though they should come as standard, like the good ol’ Pixar 2-discs of yore.) It’s good to have confirmation of BURN•E, too. And we have audio commentary! HUZZAH! I’ll be ordering the 3-disc as soon as it hits eBay.

As I’ve said before, I would much rather The Pixar Story to be released on its own rather than as an extra. It deserves its own release! If it can get it’s own limited cinema release, they should release it as a DVD. It just seems they are downplaying the documentary’s importance by sticking it on with WALL•E.

I don’t think they only ‘listened to the fans’, they also blew away the HDDVD competition so they don’t have to push Blu-ray as hard anymore. All the features look so cool though, especially the Cine-Explorer stuff and BURN-E picture-in-picture!

Well, I like to think that Pixar listened to the fans… :wink:

I really hope a three-disc DVD of Cars and Ratatouille comes out, since it seems like only a few years ago since we switched to DVD from VHS, and I’m not keen on switching to Blu-Ray any time soon, mostly because of the expense and hassle. It would be nice if they could release them as 2 or 3-discs to make up for the awful first releases.

3 DISC? 3 DISC?! I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS SUCH THING AS 3 DISC DVD EDITIONS!!!

Okay, everything I said about Disney being greedy and not being about the fans and all that stuff. Just, ignore it.

Must not scream with joy… must not scream,… I’ll wake up my family… must not scream…

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING. That is awesome! I’m definitely looking forward to purchasing the 3-disc DVD now. I’m hoping it’s at least available where I live! Huzzah, I have hope now! :smiley:

W-W-W-We’re getting a 3-disc DVD set? WITH audio commentary? O.O;

…All I can say is THANK YOU PIXAR AND DISNEY. THANK YOU SO MUCH. xD I just about fainted when I read the news, and ran out to tell my parents about it. I still can’t believe it! A 3-disc set! With a nice selection of extras!

My heart explodes with love right now. ~<3

I don’t own a Blu-Ray player yet but it’s going to happen in the not too distant future. As such I will purchase the 3 disc set with the digital copy as I can easily watch WALL•E on my iPhone (without having to rip it from the DVD), and I won’t be double dipping when I get a PS3 or a Mac with Blu-Ray (Please, please, please make it September Apple)

Okay, so for about ten minutes I was super excited and ready to pass out at the sheer notion of, not only another 2-disc Pixar set, but an actual THREE-DISC set! Then, unfortunately, I came back down to earth (no pun intended) and looked at this from a logical point of view:

First of all, this isn’t official. Until I see a press release confirming everything DizzyDVD posted, I’m going to take it with a grain of salt (Hopefully we should be getting that press release by tomorrow). And even if it is correct, it’s possible that some information got misinterpreted (for example, I’m not entirely convinced that the commentary is going to be on the DVD releases).

Second, nowhere does it say that the first version of the DVD is two discs. It looks like the standard single-disc release that Cars and Ratatouille got: deleted scenes, two short films, and a featurette (or possibly two in this case). The only addition is the commentary (which is why I’m not so sure it will actually be there). So I’m pretty sure the standard release will simply be one disc.

Now, if this is true, there are two possibilities for the three-disc set:

• The bonus features are on one disc and the documentary on the other (complete with it’s own bonus features and the digital copy of WALL•E).
  • Or the bonus features and the documentary are on disc two, and the digital copy gets a disc to itself.

While I’d prefer the first one, the second option is much more likely. Even though digital copies probably don’t take up as much space as the main disc (since it is for an iPod, after all), they tend to always put the digital copy on a disc by itself. The Blu-Ray release kind of confirms this, seeing that they’re releasing two discs in one set and three discs adding only the digital copy.

So, that means that the three-disc set is probably only a two-disc with a digital copy, and the second disc will be getting the rest of WALL•E’s bonus features along with the documentary. And while I’m glad we’re getting the documentary, that means that 90 minutes of the disc will be taken up by that and not WALL•E bonuses. I wish that the documentary had a separate release, though, with it’s own bonus features. But I’ll take what I can get!

Anyway, I am absolutely thrilled that WALL•E is getting the multi-disc release it deserves, and now all I have to do is decide weather it’s worth buying both the DVD and the Blu-Ray, or just the Blu-Ray and waiting until I finally get a Blu-Ray player!

What is “Disney File, Cine-Explore, and BURN•E picture-in-picture”? The BnL shorts sound neat. I always wanted to see the WALL-E deleted scenes and an audio commentary from the Andrew Stanton himself. I can’t wait! I need to save up!

Disney File is basically another name for digital copy. Basically you put the disc into your computer and there’s another version of the film that you can put on a whole bunch of mobile devices such as ipods, etc.

Cine-Explore is a visual style commentary. You get the regular voiceover from the director or whoever, plus you have the option of having little pictures overlaying the film at certain times plus you can have little featurettes play as well. The Blu-ray releases of Cars and Ratatouille have these.

Burn-E is the a new short film created for the DVD/ Blu-ray. Don’t know what the picture in picture option’s about though

But I’m glad to hear that Disney’s finally getting their act together for DVD. Now, I’m getting the blu-ray, but it’s nice to see that not all the extras are gonna be exclusive to my favourite format, and that they’re sharing with everybody.

I would hope/assume the 3rd disc of the Blu-Ray (with the digital copy) is DVD because not that many people have Blu-Ray drives in their computers.

I have a Blu-Ray drive in my computer, but I need to figure out how to get it to work, so I’ll probably get the 3-disc DVD.

“BURN•E picture-in-picture”

I think I have a idea of what this could be.
[spoil]
So, as some of us know, BURN-E is the little guy who gets locked ou during the define dancing sequence. Some have speculated that his short is gonna be about how he gets back into the Axiom. Well, if this turns out right, maybe it’s an opinon that sticks the short in the right spot in the movie while you watch WALL-E? Just an idea.[/spoil]

As I said before: Digital copies are on DVD discs. There is no need to use Blu-ray Disc for just few gigabytes of data.

I do like surprises like this one. A 3-disc DVD edition with audio commentary and “The Pixar Story” to boot - that’s just too cool, especially after the lackluster DVD treatment of Cars and Ratatouille. :mrgreen:

This is all good news but how does everyone know that there is going to be more news tomorrow?!