WALL•E coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 18th

I think that the news expected for tomorrow have arrived today: the different dvd/bd editions, and the bonus material list.

OT: but I would like to know the director of BURN-E, and have some official logo and images of this short…

For more information about digital copy / DisneyFile, Disney has opened a special website: disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/

Doesn’t give that much info. I wonder if it’s going to be DRM’d somehow or will install it’s own program to make sure you can’t go fiddlin with the video file.

UltimateDisney/DizzyDVD added the cover art for the 3-disc set:

I’m not quite sure I like it. Hopefully they didn’t make the DVD case extra thick for the purpose of the third disk. I wouldn’t like a double-thick WALL•E spine on the shelf with all my regular-sized DVD cases.

DisneyFile uses Windows Media DRM for the WMV version and FairPlay for the iTunes version.

Details about usage restrictions are available here.

I’ll give it a look. :wink:

Ultimate Disney also points out that the home video releases will be environmentaly packed, just like the soundtrack!
EDIT: For you guys in the UK and the rest of Europe, the Region 2 DVD will be out November 24th according to DVD Monthly UK: dvd-monthly.co.uk/2008/08/22 … -revealed/

All those special features were also confirmed by Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits:

thedigitalbits.com/#walle

Amazon preorders are up:
3-disc DVD: amazon.com/Wall-E-3pc-Coll-A … 001EOQWEO/
2-disc Blu-ray: amazon.com/Wall-E-2pc-Ac3-Do … 001EOQWF8/
3-disc Blu-ray: amazon.com/Wall-E-3pc-Ac3-Di … 001EOQWFI/

Play.com (UK) also has a list of the extra features of WALL-E (it refers to the Bluray edition)

Presto

Burn. E with Boards

Cine-Explore

Geek Track

Axiom Arcade: Eve’s Bot Blaster / WallE’s Dodge & Dock / M-O’s Mop-Up Madness / BurnE’s Break Through

WALL.E’s Treasures & Trinkets

Bot Files

“Lots of Bots” Storybook

PLAY (Read Along Version)

PLAY ALONG VERSION (Interactive)

Sneak Peek: WallE’sTour Of The Universe

Behind The Scenes: 1. The Imperfect Lens: Creating the Look of WALLE / 2. Animation Sound Design: Building Worlds From The Sound Up / 3. Captain’s Log: The Evolution of Humans / 4. Notes On A Score / 5. Life Of A Shot: Deconstructing The Pixar Process / 6. Robo-Everything / 7. WALLE & EVE

BnL INDUSTRIAL SHORTS: 1. Captaining the Axiom / 2. Operation Cleanup! / 3. Meet The BnL Bots / 4. The History of Buy N Large / 5. All Aboard The Axiom

Deleted Scenes: View the Deleted Scenes With Optional Introductions BY Director Andrew Stanton. Plus a BD exclusive intro to deleted scenes: 1. “Garbage Airlock” + intro & outro / 2. “Dumped” + intro & outro / 3. “Docking” + intro & outro / 4. “Secret Files” + intro & outro

3-D Set Explorartions: Axiom Flyover / Refinery / Wall.E’s Truck / Docking Bay / Coach Class / Economy Class / Lido Deck / Bridge / Captain’s Apartment / Garbage Airlock

The Pixar Story by Leslie Iwerks

Gallery

Visual Development

Character Design

Layouts, Backgrounds & Overlays

Storyboard Art

Poster Gallery

Worldwide Trailers

Domestic Trailer #1

Domestic Trailer #2

Domestic Trailer #3

Trailer 3: French Canadian

Trailer C: Japanese

Trailer F: Italian

Superbowl Spot

WOW. Just one missing: the vignettes…
Anyway, i think it’s the richest edition since The Incredibles… that’s wonderful…

I can’t wait for the WALL-E 3 Disc Special Edition! But I want to know more about this eco friendly packaging? When did Disney start this?

I was wondering the same about the packaging.

Is it going to be like the cardboard/plastic sleeve like ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ came in? Or the very,very thin packaging on the single disc of ‘There Will Be Blood?’

When I read all this, I was screaming inside my head. So, let me get this straight: The 3-disc Blu-Ray has everything out of all of them? I want to see the History of Buy n Large!

Yes, 3-disc Blu-ray set has everything from DVD and more.

Another cover art image, with discs:

^ Where did you find that?

Wow…DVD’s are getting so super complicated today :open_mouth:

Andy-From Amazon

Gee, I haven’t checked in for a few days, and see what I miss? :slight_smile:

I’m really glad Disney did not go the “cheap” route, the way they did with Ratatouille for the normal DVD. Finally, even the 1-disc version it seems, will have a director’s commentary (it’s sad that such a great filim as Ratatouille will be the only Pixar release on regular DVD not to have a director’s commentary).

But on the bright side… not only a decent 1-disc release, but a feature-rich 3-disc release! Good show. I’ll be getting that 3-disc version, of course.

Elikrotupos, you mentioned a lot of good features listed for the BluRay version. Do you know yet what the extras for the 3-disc normal DVD? For instance, will it also have the “Behind the Scenes” segments?
Behind the Scenes: 4. Notes On A Score :sunglasses:

BURN•E – boards (BluRay). Hm, nice.

Good to see that the director’s commentary will be available to all, not just that small niche that has BluRay. And to see that it appears that Disney will treat this release right.

Not that it matters for me, but… does anyone know what format a Disney digital copy is in? What products would it be playable on?

While it’s nice to see the short BurnE have the boards on the BluRay, it’s worth pointing out that for the Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki) releases in Japan (not the US versions), the normal 2-disc DVD releases contain complete storyboards for the entire movie. (The US versions have only limited storyboards I believe). At any point while watching (with full audio), I can switch between the finished movie and the storyboard form, for the entire movie. (This is for the domestic region 2 Japanese DVDs). Quite nice. Perhaps in the future Pixar could include the boards for the entire feature. Then again, on the Ghibli releases (put out by Buena Vista Japan Home Video) there’s no director’s commentary… so I guess it evens out. It will be nice to hear the director talk about the movie during it.

Yes, other sites (DVDizzy, The Digital Bit) have separated the bluray exclusive from the dvd extras (all included in the BD, of course)
The BD exclusive materials are:
* BURN•E picture-in-picture

• Cine-Explore

• Exclusive introductions to deleted scenes

• Axiom Arcade (EVE’s Bot Blaster / WALL-E’s Dodge & Dock / M-O’s Mop-Up Madness / BURN-E’s Break Through)

• Geek Track (don’t know what it is…)

• BD Live

the rest that is listed is on the 3-disc DVD edition (so the “Notes on a score” behind-the-scenes, that i’m waiting too…).

I don’t know if the “WALL-E tour of the universe” will be only on the Region 1 edition (as stated by DVD Monthly (UK, Region 2)), or not (Play.com (UK, Region 2) lists it)… I remember that the “The Incredibles” dvd had a Region 1 exclusive, the “Vowellet” featurette…

Disney opened an official site for DisneyFile. According to the FAQ, it will be a 2GB file (it means DVD quality/compression) available in Windows Media or iTunes format, protected with Windows Media DRM or iTunes FairPlay (online activation required), and playable on WindowsMedia/Vista-compliant devices or iPod/iPhone/AppleTV. For me it’s worthless, and anyway it won’t be available outside US and Canada (for now).

btw I think I’ll buy the 2-disc Blu-ray ('cause I hope I’ll buy a Blu-ray reader soon). I want… I NEED blu-ray!

(for the record, BURN-E storyboards are not only on the Blu-ray. The Blu-ray exclusive is the picture-in-picture feature)
Miyazaki’s storyboards are less complex than Pixar’s. Miyazaki’s are just rough drafts, Pixar’s are well drawn, colored, even animated. I think that a storyboard version of a Pixar film would need another disc. Pixar has a lot of extra features that Miyazaki has not (or he reserves them for the deluxe collector’s 4disc editions available only in Japan (and in japanese ;_;)).