Smoking...

Never have, never will. My gramps smoked, and it killed him.

I walked past a tobacco shop in Texas once and just walking past the doors made me choke!

And Walt Disney!

I tried smoking once. I wasn’t impressed. I haven’t touched a cigarette since. I didn’t do it because I’d be “cool”, I did it out of curiosity.

No. I’ve never smoked and I never will. I see idiots at my school smoking behind the library. Morons who don’t know any better. Personally, I have nothing against people who smoke as long as they don’t do it TOO much and if they aren’t under-age. I mean, I even have relatives who smoke like my aunt and my 20 something cousin. They don’t do it too much though,

I’m a smoker and honestly I think that when people say they “hate smokers” it’s uncalled for.

Most smokers, including myself are quite considerate of other people. I know if i light a cigarette while I’m stood still I move away from anybody stood around me. Or if i child is pushed past in a pushchair I stand back and move the cigarette away.

That said though, It is very bad for you. I am so unfit and any smoker that says it hasn’t effected them at all is a liar.

Although it might be hypercritical, but I’d always advise people not to smoke. And, it’s not “fun”! I originally started very young as a way to show off to my “friends”. Now, I want to quit badly but this is a very stressful time so it’s not really an option.

If somebody smokes, and they are doing it out of the way of other people, who are other people to pass judgement? I don’t pass judgement on people who don’t smoke, so why should smokers do so?

It frustrates me that most of the time when non smokers hear “smokers” they immediately think of someone who inconsiderately sparks up a cigarette anywhere and everywhere and blows smoke in other peoples faces. That’s just not the case at all.

Yeah, mikewazowski, I agree with you there… we all have our problems, and if I were to judge you for that (for example) there’s a hundred things you could judge me for that are probably worse. We should admire people for their bright sides, not look down on them for their bad. :unamused: :wink:

Amen! I can tell we are going to be friends, haha.

hehe :wink:

Smoking is gross. Dad smokes and sometimes I can’t breathe, so yeah, I’ll NEVER smoke, or live with anyone who does.

I agree. My Grandma is a smoker, and she’s no a horrible, terrible person who should be hated. She made a legal choice to smoke. That’s her life, and her life is not mine to judge!

Although smoking is not my thing, I support the right for others to smoke they want. It’s their lives right, not mine. However, I do believe in laws restricting smoking in parks where there are children, in resteraunts and such.

Yeah, me too. As long as you don’t smoke near me, I’m fine. :unamused:

I don’t hate them; I don’t hate my dad. I just can’t breathe when people near me smoke.

I had a few people in my family smoke, and not always tobacco (but that’s mostly what they smoke). I honestly don’t care if they smoke or even if they’re close to me when they smoke it. My grandma used to smoke (but she quit about a year ago) and she used to watch me when I was a kid and honestly the smell of cigarette smoke doesn’t bother me. I’d actually go as far as to say I kinda like the smell of cigarette smoke. Only tobacco though, marijuana smells really bad (at least I think that’s what I smelled that one time… at school xD )

Oh, I don’t smoke, just to clear that up, I’ve just been around it for my whole life so it doesn’t bother me at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason I dont’ do marijuana is because it smells so bad! Don’t think I smoke marijuana! Just keep in mind that I in Sonoma County. Right in between Mendocino Counties and San Francisco. In Hyphy country. In Hippie country. I am no stranger to the smell of pot, it’s everywhere!

I dont’ care if people smoke kush in their homes. But keep it there, man!

I am voting against the legalization of Marijuana in California in the election this November. I hate going to the park and smeling hella ganja. No thanks!

It kind of annoys me when my friends smoke. But I think they find me annoying when I start to feel/act uncomfortable around a cigarette.

I taunt my one smoking friend unmercifully :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad that smoking is finally nearing extinction as socially acceptable. I can’t wait for alcohol to reach this stage.

Hmm, as much as that idea is nice Flister (about smoking not being very socially acceptable anymore), it’s not something I experience in real life. On the contrary, smoking seems as popular as ever amongst people of my sort of age as far as I have seen, which is a real shame. I guess the people on Pixar Planet are more aware of how damaging smoking can be in comparison to the every day person or, in particular, teenager!

My parents grew up in the 70s as teens and they allowed smoking in school as long as you had a permission slip from your parents. Im glad they changed that.

I don’t smoke. I’ve never smoked. I never will smoke. I find it annoying when some smokers spit on the ground while they smoke, I find it annoying when some smokers blow smoke in your face, I find it annoying when smokers think it’s hilarious to flick the ash on your clothes. I’m talking from experience with some kids at my school and of course they’re dumb because they’re kid smokers who I don’t think should be smoking in the first place but that’s none of my business.
Personally, I believe there are much better ways to solve your problems than by doing drugs, smoking, drinking, etc.

My mom smokes and she quits every week. :slight_smile: I’m so proud.

No, but really. I don’t mind smokers because I’ve lived with one my entire life and I definitely don’t hate smokers.

Hmmm maybe it’s just Australia then? They introduced a bunch of new laws a few years ago. You can’t smoke inside anywhere except at home. Even then, if you have kids I think you have to smoke outside (not sure if they passed that one but it was being considered). You can’t smoke a certain distance from various places, like restaurants and shopping centres. Or even outside, like at parks with playgrounds or the beach.

Soon the government hopes to make all packaging plain white - not entirely sure of the purpose but I guess it would remove all branding and make them look uninteresting (you’d think boxes covered in health warnings and gross pictures of shriveled lungs would be uninteresting enough, but I guess not).

These changes were all rolled out along with an ad campaign featuring a catchy jingle: “Nobody smokes here, anymore…”

When I was in high school the few who smoked did so secretly because they would get taunted. At university the few who smoked knew it wasnt smart and felt bad about it. At work, the few who smoke only do so for stress relief and wish there was something better (unfortunately, touchy-touchy-fun-time is frowned upon at work more than smoking :stuck_out_tongue:)

Im glad to here alot of people here don’t smoke, we will have longer and happier lifes.