Pixar Summer Internship 2017

I don’t think it works that way, I believe that it says “application received” until you are either accepted or denied. I applied for 3 and was rejected for one, and the “application received” changed to “position filled,” and I got the rejection email.

Got my rejection for Systems Department internship today. Also I’m outside US so this may have affected the decision :unamused:

Hi guys,

Is it true that it’s harder to get in if you’re not from the USA?
I’m from Belgium.

I can imagine it being a little more difficult when it comes to pay, but I think that if they like your work enough then it wouldn’t matter? I mean they aren’t going to pay for your travel to travel to the US, so it isn’t much of a strain on them, right?

I guess they also have to sponsor you a visa to work in USA. And that’s the tricky part. :frowning:

I also applied for a Systems Department role (and I’m also outside the US - Irish born and bred), I see the position is now filled but haven’t got a rejection yet :frowning: I’ll wait until next week and maybe try and get in contact with them just to confirm.

Anyone hear anything yet about Marketing/Publicity internships?

Anyone heard from the Art Internship yet?
Or the Archives Internship?

FYI: Just heard from someone who got an interview for Systems.

Just got an email back to schedule an interview for systems! So excited after trying for 3 years!!! Anyone have any tips for me?

Aww congratulations!! Quite exciting for you!
I am crossing my fingers, this is the second year in a row I’ve applied.

What department in Systems did you apply for? Also are you going to the campus for an interview or over the phone/Skype? Best of luck!!

pretty sure it was systems in general this year but Mac Systems is what I was shooting for

thank you!!! I’m incredibly excited but know that I have to get past the interview first haha. Going to be a crazy week for me next week. Talking at SXSW and then the phone call in the midst of all of it!

I applied for Systems as well and I haven’t heard anything yet. The anxiety I’m having right now lol

Just got my rejection email for Story Internship :blush:
To be expected I guess with all the tough competition. Best of luck to the other candidates.

Here’s my stuff if anyone wanna see or provide feedback [url]http://www.alexmichels.com/p/portfolio.html[/url] There is much to improve on for sure.

You are so very good! I cannot believe they didn’t accept you! Well, there is absolutely no hope for me now. I applied for the art internship. Second year applying. I would show everyone my portfolio for feedback, but it includes my name, phone #, etc. as well.

I’m just generally accepting my fate for not getting the Production internship :slight_smile:

But congrats to ya’ll who’re getting interviews! My best advice would be to organize your thoughts: figure out a hurdle you had to overcome and how you overcame it. For more technical internships, I hear they want to know a lot of technical jargon.

Got my art intern rejection letter again :frowning:
2nd time in a row, I’m just hoping I have better luck next time because I graduate in May and after a year I won’t be able to apply anymore…

Did anyone also apply for the Disney Animation internships? I haven’t heard from them and their deadline was much earlier than Pixar’s.