Pixar summer internship 2013

Oh…Well…then…
24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li4e0 … o1_500.gif
25.media.tumblr.com/a0b012d67e7e … o1_250.gif

Tomorrow starts day one of anticipation for us all… Monday. They have a lot of internships this year. Lots of departments. Was it like this last year? I know with a fresh project it makes it easier like they did with Up.

People usually received their interview emails within the first 2 weeks after the deadline the last couple of years. We don’t really know what to expect this year though, since the ones that have already received the emails might probably just stay quite!! Speak up guys, I just need to know if they have started contacting people!

They might need another week simply because a lot of departments are open this year. Remember they take up to only 80 people. So they might be seeing which departments take what. Minimum is 60…

hmmm this is all interesting. I thought they would just be taking 1 marketing intern, you think they would take more than 1?

Oh yea they would pick at least 5-6 or more. They had two high up marketing positions open. Which means that two people might have a chance to get hired from the internship. This is not a small company and they will take more animators than others. I doubt they are going to go for one only. Like I said 60-80 people for the summer internships all together. Also depends on the amount of people apply to each and where they are at college wise.

I guess this because they have to be able to handle the amount of people within the groups. They wouldn’t have 50 animation people. The might not be able to take on that many people at once in that department. 30 sure maybe 35. You have to be realistic. Plus they will be possibly looking to hire. They do say on their website that you can possibly start your career there.

I don’t know where you are getting your numbers from, but I got a phone interview for the PUP program last year–didn’t make the final cut, tho–and I asked how many interns they take for the PUP program and they said between 8-12. I don’t want to be THAT person, but don’t kid yourselves it is an extremely competitive program and very difficult to get into… just have realistic expectations for yourselves… And best of luck to yall!

I am saying this year they have Publicity, Marketing, Art, Story board, Story Tools, Tech, Animation, and Editorial this year. On their FAQs it says they take up to 60-80 interns at a time. They aren’t going to take only one per section they will take a few. I don’t think they have opened this many intern. So if you think about it you are right. 8-12 per section they are going to take. Depends on finances and what is going on at the place. I just picked a high number for the heck of it because I was at work and in a hurry to think of an estimate. It’s on the high end.

Sorry for my guessing. I know most internships from companies like that take a lot. But on the FAQs- pixar.com/careers/Intern-FAQS

How many interns and/or residents do you typically have in your program?
We generally have 60-80 interns during our summer session and between 15-30 interns and/or residents during the fall and winter sessions. The amount of interns and residents varies depending on studio needs.

That’s why I guessed.

Only 8-12? Geeez. That sucks. I has no chance.
Would it be alright if I ask you to link your reel or whatever you sent in last year? Wondering what an accepted application looks like. : )

glassdoor.com/Interview/Pixa … 118_P2.htm

This has some stuff for the PUP interview question as well as other departments.

Hey! Do not give up yet:) You have a pretty nice work done! Your rig is very good as far as I can judge. Keep working on it, and you’ll definitely get to place you want to be. You’re just a sophomore as I understood, so you have enough time to improve a lot, and show them great works. :smiley:

Yea do as sospanov says! You should look up the How to make a demo reel off their website. It might give clues and insights into what they are looking for to ease your mind. Don’t worry like I said from before it might be they need more this year then less. Don’t let the 8-12 figure stress you out. If you dwell on it you might make yourself depressed. Motivate yourself!

Think of it this way. They are going to put people in a call category. Lets say my number of 35. From that 35 they will pick 8-12 people. Some people will not pass others will. Some that pass might have obligations that will or could stop them. They call those other people they liked but didn’t pass back. It’s no different than a job applicant process. There are those that make it to ready pool. Depends on the number of applicants and when you submitted. I hope despite that we all get a shot at what we want!

Hey I’m so glad to find you guys! I usually check once in a while to see if people are talking and now they are!! I applied for the Public Relations and Marketing internships. I haven’t heard anything but it has been only just over a week since they closed, so I have hope! I’m trying to prepare myself if I don’t get accepted but I can’t kid myself, I would be totally bummed if I didn’t get in…

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Post Production Internship? Curious to how popular that internship is, Ive just seen mostly animation people.

Hey guys I was called yesterday to schedule a PUP interview. It was exciting first but kind of intimidating now that I have seen the list of people who will be interviewing me o.O Keep your fingers crossed, I’m sure they will get to ya’ll soon!

I’m waiting to hear back on Marketing too. I see one person got a call back! So they have started calling! I’m excited for you kevhoang! Congrats! They are now starting cool!

And so the absolutely overwhelming nerves and sadness begin…

Heya! I was just wondering if anyone applied for the Art Internship? I applied for it and the anticipation is freaking me out hah

They must be working over time if they called you on a Sunday. That cool though. I guess they are going through PUP animation people. Art closed on the 6th that might take a while before. I haven’t heard a single word from any of the Marketing people if they have heard back. I am guessing they are still going through them.

Good Luck everyone the calls begin!!!