Pixar summer internship 2013

Congrats kevhoang! Good luck on the interview! :smiley: Look at the glassdoor for some examples of their interview
Could you post your reel, so we could know what kind of reels they’d like to see?
Thanks!

Wow, Congrats! Good luck on the interview! 8D

Hi all,

I’m also a PUP and animation internship applicant. I haven’t received a call yet, and I’m still excited and nervous!

I’m a computer science and art student, with not a lot of 3D animation experience, but a lot of CS experience, so we’ll see how that works out! :slight_smile: Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too, happycouch!

I hope they interview a good amount (or all!) of the marketing, public relations,etc internships that don’t involve demo reels or portfolios . I feel like I could definitely have a good chance if I could at least get an interview and show more of my personality and what not other than only from my cover letter and resume.

Do you think they’ll just continue to contact people for PUP throughout the week? Or did they just do it all at once and its already over? xP This is seriously me right now: :shake: hahah…hah… :open_mouth:

One thing I can tell you is that they contacted me right after looking at my application/reel. You can log in your Pixar applicant page and see the last updated date, if it’s different than the submitted date, then chances are it was when they reviewed your profile.

Hey! Can I ask–did you get an email as well as a call, or just the call? Thanks!

How do you log into your applicant page? I have been there before but I can’t remember how to get there

I got a call first then a confirmation email.

ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/career … IXAR&cws=6

I wonder if they are going by department right now. PUP first, then another department and so on. I noticed none of the other departments have had any word about calls. I’m still keeping my hopes up. I had a good job interview today with a company… I really would drop everything for Pixar…

well that’s unfortunate. Mine was updated a few days after the deadline. :frowning:

Mine was updated on the 12th of March and I submitted mine on the 6th. I updated my schooling again on 30th. So I wonder if that is an indicator that you are in a pool of candidates? God I hope so! I have been reading Glassdoor interview questions. Also talked to my friend who still works there. She didn’t give me much since she was in a different department. Like I stated before I wonder if they are calling by department.

Still this stressing… I sit praying everyday over it. I am doing everything for good luck. XD I was thinking maybe I should find a 4 leaf clover.

Thanks!

I applied for the internship on March 11th and mine was updated about 2 weeks ago. Ugh, I don’t know what to think. Back to phone o_0

I spend more than half my day waiting… I am on a 3 hour time difference so I have to look at my world clock to see what time it is there. I still hope everyone has a good chance at it!

Ps. Sorry I am on here a lot I have a smart phone so I am on here a lot XD I apologize if I annoy anyone.

Well I guess that’s a little relief. Mine is still the same time as when I submitted it. So I guess they haven’t looked at it yet? But do you think they’re going in order of when you submitted? Like people who submitted first get looked at first? Cause I submitted mine the day before the due date. : P
If I may bombard you with questions (I apologize in advance ;D)…
When did you submit yours and when did they look at it?
If you don’t mind, could you link your reel? I would love to look at it and see what got accepted! : )

Also I don’t believe I’ve said so yet, but congrats! :smiley:

@ kevhoang Did they call you early or late in the day?
Had it been modified before then?
Thank you for answering our questions! Congrats again!

I’m in the same boat as you! Hahaha.
Here’s my reel! youtube.com/watch?v=6tuCKAnmT_o&sns=em
Post yours too! Please!

So I looked to see if mine was updated… it hasn’t! Thank goodness. But since the marketing internship wasn’t due until March 31st I’m guessing I still have a long wait ahead of me… considering people are only now hearing back from when theirs were due the 11th.