Pixar summer internship 2013

Holy Smokes Batman! I will check Glassdoor. Till I find out for sure I am going to keep working like I have to pay for them. Since I am not going to be animation, I don’t know if they handle that department differently. Still thats pretty good and much much higher than when I get paid currently in a service job. I read on the forums here that someone said they cover flights but that is a lot for a company to pay for. Others say they cover your transportation costs from the dorms and from the airport only. One said meals are covered but another said its only when you meet with certain bosses for lunchens that its covered. You share a room with up to 4 people like that in the dorms. I might try and ask my friend who works there but she is soooooo busy I try not to bother her much on it.

I read they have a lot of things they do with employees on Fridays like Beer Bash Fridays, for those old enough, and other small fun events to keep you from getting burnt out durring the week. They have pot lucks occasionally and the environment is for the most part stress free as long as your doing your work on time. People are willing to help if you are stuck and such.

We are all like little kids outside a candy shop waiting for it to open…

Lol, yeah…but those candies are very important, and getting none would be distressing :confused:

It’s so much of a relief to find out a lot of people still haven’t gotten a response. I submited my application on march 19th and it still hasn’t been looked at (based on logging back into pixar and seeing if was modifed.) I applied to PUP as a computer science major, though I had no idea what kind of code they wanted. Did anyone else apply as a cs major?

I submitted mine on the 6th of March. I saw something on the 12th March a while back. So does that mean they looked at it?

If their timeline is the same this year as it was last year, they’ll probably be emailing the people they want to interview for PUP within the next couple days.

Do you know if they will be calling or emailing?

Hey all! I applied to the PUP program as well. I agree its weird that not that many people are talking about it this year, so I’m glad I finally found some other people who applied! : )
Here’s my reel: Whoop Whoop!
The quality kinda sucks, but my computer kept crashing every time I tried to export it as a bigger file and the deadline was fast approaching, so I didn’t know what to do. :cry: Ah well.

I’m really nervous. I’d love to get this internship (SO MUCH), but I don’t know if I stand much of a chance. :confused: Especially since I submitted my application just the day before it was due…Dx
Everyone should definitely post on here when Pixar starts replying! Then I can start freaking out when I don’t hear back…hahah. Regardless, it’ll be great to hear if someone get’s in! :mrgreen:
Good luck all! Fingers crossed!

From what I understand (from reading about past year’s experiences), they’ll send out an email to all the people who passed “the first round” and from there, those people will do a phone interview. If you pass both I guess you’re in?

You can tell if your application has been looked at? …How?! TELL ME. Where can you see if its been modified?

Also I didn’t include any programming or anything in my application though I am minoring in computer science. I’m a wannabe Character TD, so I just included on my resume the programming languages that I’m familiar with. I wouldn’t know how to show off a program anyway. xP Curious as to what kind of code you decided to include?

Here’s mine! youtube.com/watch?v=6tuCKAnmT_o

I suggest any of us who get the internship should maybe help with writing up a FQA about the internship. Not only that we should celebrate! Oakland is being featured on the travel channel recently for the awesome culinary boom going on there. It’s becoming a big art and food place. I will say this though this wait to find out is going to make me on the edge of my seat and my friends want to smack me with getting jittery.

I applied as a CS major too. I didn’t submit any code that I’ve written, I just told them what languages I know. I also submitted some drawings I did to sort of show that I can be artistic as well as technical, but I don’t know if that helped. Hopefully everyone will hear back soon, because I know it’s stressing me out waiting.

The antici---------pation is getting to us all. I didn’t think they would respond back a week after deadlines though. People are versatile beyond their degree. I am a Commercial Photography major who knows more about social media and Youtube’s adsense and the new ways they are developing things because of the partners I know that I can adapt that knowledge else where. I used to work with local bands and took photos for a New York Fashion designer that my photos actually sold the dress at auction… The thing is they wouldn’t be the company they are if they make themselves out to be if they stayed in the box. As long as you put effort into everything you should be good. Going the extra mile helps them know you are willing to break molds and conventions to show you are the right stuff. From a lot of what I learned from their animated shorts DVD vol1 that if they didn’t do that with their company they wouldn’t of even made animated films or come up with Render Man. They would of never been the Pixar we know today. The guys who started it all were considered crazy. Great things come from crazy ideas.

They want and need future innovators because that is what will keep the company going for years to come. They invest in those who show promise.

Ps. Sorry for all the miss spellings I am slightly dyslexic and tend to have to re-edit. ^^;

no news yet :frowning:

This wait is killing me, I just want to sleep through the day, wake up and check my email. Wouldnt it be fun if they send out the emails this weekend?

Yea we won’t hear till next week probally. Oh man I am checking every moment I get to see… This is so stressful!

I know this waiting sucks hardcore, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much! On their website it said that due to the amount of applications they get it could even take them 6-8 weeks before they’re able to respond. So who knows? I was surprised to hear that they responded back to people after only a week last year.

The have to do it before 6-8 weeks. The internship starts in June. They normally last 12 to 6 weeks. So then it might run into the first week of classes for some colleges. It might end up starting in the last week of may. 4 weeks in a month so they wouldn’t have time for interviews either. 3-4 weeks sounds about right.

pixar.com/careers/Intern-FAQS :
Internships last for 12 weeks or 6 months during Summer, Fall, and Winter terms (or the duration of an internship can vary depending on the department and term. Since not all departments may offer internships throughout the year, it’s always best to refer to our website for the most up-to-date information.)

Summer 2013 (June - August)

They have Story, Art, Animation, Editorial, Studio Tools open for summer course with applications still being taken. I suspect we will hear soon…