OWP's Fanart

Whoa, it’s been a while since I’ve updated here.

• pixarmilan and SallyMcQueen: Thanks for the compliments on the Brave drawing! You guys aren’t the first to say my style is P&F-like; I’m sure some of my current style derived from the P&F character style in some ways.
  • Boanna137: I’m so very glad you like it! I admire your proud Francesco fandom!
  • TDIT: Thanks for seeing my art again! And yes, I do now realize I could’ve done some slight additions on the WGP Racers pic. I think the problem resided in the fact I was using reference from my Meet The Cars book and I attempted to humanize their basic poses. But thanks for the compliments otherwise - and the critique as well!

OK, now that that’s done, here’s my newest Pixar creation! A Birthday card for my friend K9Girl!

I know she adores Dug, and somehow, Dug’s Special Mission seemed like a perfect source for a Dug Bday card. I’m very proud of the way Dug came out, although I’m not sure if I’m entirely happy about the shading, as I’m continually trying to pull off the perfect shading with GIMP. Nevertheless, I hope you like it, K9Girl! One of my first friends, a fellow Pixar superfan, a fellow dog lover, and one of the best graphics-makers/Pixar fanartists on PixarPlanet! :smiley:

I already thanked you in my PM, but I love it! :smiley:

Wow, what a nice drawing! :smiley: Dug’s so cute and I love the idea itself. Dug 's fur is a little dark with the shading but it doesn’t downgrade the drawing at all. Beautiful job, OWP! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the compliments and critque, SallyMcQueen! And it makes me so happy to know that you love your card, K9Girl! And now, an update!
It feels like every drawing I’ve started lately has been put on hold… I mean, I have projects on Create, on my computer, and on paper that I haven’t yet finished! I have been a bit busy lately, but I really have to get my art in order! Especially since two of my in-progress drawings on Create are Pixar-related! (Oh yehz, I’m working on something Cars and something Brave…) And you know, I finally got myself a nice set of pencils and I’ve been trying to do more stuff on paper, too. But here’s a little something I spent pretty much all of last week working on…
disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … 0-h-2f00ba
If your first thought was “Wha…??”, then I don’t blame you. I love humanizing, and I’ve starting having these little “guess who I humanized” games on DisneyCreate. I’ll spare you guys the struggle: it’s Rex and Trixie. I don’t think I’ve ever seen humanized TS characters before, and with Partysaurus Rex coming soon, I figured it might be good to do something Toy Story. I’m not sure how I feel about some of the shading, but I’m still trying to perfect my shading abilities. But I worked extremely hard on this one… you probably can’t tell, but I tried to give Rex’s jacket a leathery-looking texture, even. It took a while to pull off, but I’m happy with it for the most part. So keep a lookout for some more Pixar artwork - and eventually my dA account… if I can stop procrastinating with my creations! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! I’d love to see you do Rex how he actually is(dinosaur), and Mater, perhaps.

Awww! That’s adorable! I never thought of them humanized but I like your take on it! :smiley:

I like it alot! One of your better pieces.

Thanks for the compliments again, MTM, SallyMcQueen, and pixarmilan! One of my better pieces? Wow… thanks! Anyway, here’s that long-awaited Brave pic I promised you guys.
disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … 0-g-3c80fc
OK, it’s not 100% Pixar… it’s half Phineas and Ferb! I didn’t draw this because of the comparisons of my style and the P&F style I’ve had here and on Create, I drew it because I couldn’t help but notice the uncanny physical similarities between these two classes of characters! And besides, how much art do you see the Suitors in anyway? Wanted to give the boys some cred :slight_smile: I spent about three months working on it and am very happy with the results. And here’s the deal – the characters are actually traced; it’s not that I can’t draw the P&F charries, but sometimes I enjoy just having a fun turn-this-charrie-into-that-charrie, trace-over-the-digital-painter-stamps pic! The hardest part was, again, the shading. I think I’m getting better!
Now, just for fun, and 'cause MTM mentioned it, I have drawn Mater and Rex as their awesome selves. They’re not easy to draw (particularly when it comes to Rex), but here’s the ones I’ve draw on Create in the past.
My best Mater so far - 2011 pic of Mater & Lightning
2011 MaterXHolley (So cute!!! Not a perfect drawing, but so cute!!)
My very first official Mater from 2011… I tried
My first Rex from back in 2010

Wow! I love the Brave drawing! It’s really cool how you connected the P and F characters as Brave characters, it’s uncanny some of them! Like Candance as Merida, lol. :laughing: Your others are great too! I love the Lightning and Mater one the best. Awesome job, your artwork is great! :smiley:

Those are awesome! I really enjoyed the crossover between Phineas and Ferb with Brave! 8D

Just a question… did you do them all with mouse or do you own a tablet?

Just saying:
Envy. Because you are so good with graphics! I am honestly stone cold jealous! Wow! I could never hope to be this good at ghraphics and computerized drawings! Keep it up! :smiley:

Whoa… I haven’t posted anything here for a while. I know you guys are all thinking “What kind of Pixar-obsessed person doesn’t draw anything Pixar-related for two months?!” Well, I can’t go without drawing Pixar stuff for that long; it’s just that most of my stuff has been doodled in my sketchbook. But hey! If you guys want to see two of my original Sonic characters dressed as Fergus and Elinor, feel free to go to my DisneyCreate page and see them (Why do I have OSCs? Um… because they’re fun to make! Moving on!). But I have something awesome and genuinely Pixar-y after spending a week working on it.
disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … 0-h-dd7ce1
It’s a Christmas Brave pic! I had a lot of fun drawing Merida and Angus in a wintry scene. This came about mostly because while I was trying to find a Christmas-y PixarPlanet signature/avatar set, I kept thinking about this alternate opening to Brave that I haven’t even seen yet, in which Merida is riding Angus in the snow (or so I think that’s what it is). And so… I did my own sort of take on this. And besides, I love making Christmas-themed drawings with my fave characters in them! And yes… I know the title’s cheesy, but it works, right? :mrgreen:
And of course, I have to thank SallyMcQueen, JSW-eC, and Bonanna137 for your compliments! And to let you know, JSW-eC, I actually don’t draw with either a mouse or a tablet! I currently have a netbook – and I use the touchpad! It’s strangely easier for me to use than a mouse, and last year I had drawn so much with the touchpad that anything I drew with a pen or pencil or whatever was pretty poor-looking for a while (And thus, I currently have a sketchbook to ascertain I still know how to draw with writing utensils)! So that’s just me, but I’ll probably have to use a tablet someday :slight_smile: Thanks for asking! And Bonanna137, I first want to apologize for constantly spelling your username wrong :blush: and also to say that I’m sure you’re really good at drawing, drawing on the computer just takes a lot of practice! Honestly, two years ago, the majority of my art looked awful. Anyway, thanks again and I hope you like! More to come!

That’s a nice Merida painting! I like it.

And it’s actually cool that you use a touchpad to draw; I don’t think I could do that myself. Using my fingers on a surface like that would get kinda tiresome for me. But that’s an amazing talent you have. Keep up the good work!

I love it! I like how you included Angus too. :smiley:

^Thanks, guys! :slight_smile: I always appreciate your comments!
So I have some new art I hope you’ll all enjoy! Its story? Well, a while back, I mentioned I was working on a Cars drawing, and I actually put it off for months. You see, my intent was to draw this great group screenshot from Cars 2 of Finn, Mater, and Holley in the spy train… and to draw them as actual cars instead of humanizing. It was a combinstion of the fact is was July and the P&F “Where’s Perry?” special was coming out and I thought it’d be fun to celebrate all of Disney and Pixar’s spies, and secondly is was that I hadn’t done a Cars-as-cars drawing in a long time (over a year now). What ended up being is just Finn McMissile. I kept trying to draw Mater, and I should’ve been able to considering he’s the easiest for me to draw, but I couldn’t get his pose right. And without Mater, I couldn’t do Holley… but the Finn was really good. I had intended I might someday go back and draw Mater and Holley, but I wanted to make sure I got it done before the end of the year. And so…
disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … 0-g-078a43
I spent two days coloring and shading it. It’s not my best shading, but I’m still trying to figure out shading non-organic characters. Overall, I think it’s a really good Finn; if you put my drawing of him next to his pose in the movie, it doesn’t look exact, but it definitely turned out pretty good. I mean, if you saw what the Finn I drew in 2011 looked like (which I won’t show you at the moment, because it is just that bad… and I have a feeling you’ll all now go to my Create page and look for it… :stuck_out_tongue:), I’d say that this one is my best vehicular-form Cars pic yet! And I’ve made a couple of friends on Create recently who love the Cars movies, and I knew they’d love to see it! Plus, I finally saw all of the Cars 2 bonus material yesterday and it gave me even more determination to finish the drawing! So anyway, I hope you guys like it! :smiley:

Very nice! I like the face expression particularly.

Thankyou :smiley: You truly have talent. And with the username, its totally cool. Bonanna evolved from the word banana but with a Bo at the beginning and an extra n. Botato it the other one ;-p

First public Pixar art this year is up!
disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 … 0-h-b6c450
Yes, I know it’s a crossover… and I know it’s kinda sloppy and simple, but… well, let me explain how this goofy little drawing came about (get comfy, this’ll take a while to get through).
The idea rooted out of watching Mulan for the first time in a long time last year. When I first saw Mulan, it didn’t strike me all that much. Fast-forward four years later, and somehow, Mulan snuck its way right into my heart! :slight_smile: I don’t know what changed it for me… maybe it was that my opinion of Disney animation is much higher than it was back in '08 when I hadn’t seen all that many Disney animated films (hard to believe, I know) or maybe it was Brave. Yes, I think it was most likely Brave. I couldn’t help but notice the similarities… two tough, strong young women who aren’t exactly “perfect” or “with tradition” who both ride black stallions and fight to do the right thing, even if it’s not what’s expected. But the similarity that stood out most to me was that both girls, at one point in the film, were gussied up for suitors. And then the image popped in my head of Mulan and Merida with each other’s dress and hairstyle. And Merida was telling Mulan “Something’s seriously wrong here…” to which Mulan replies “Yeah! It’s this dress! Why is it so tight??” :laughing: I loved the idea so much I intended to draw it on Create, and I did begin work on it in October, doing it in my normal style. However, months passed and I never got back around to finishing it before the end of the year. I ended up deleting it, deciding that it wasn’t quite my best anyway. Now, in the last couple of weeks, my art on Create has been so scattered; I have WIP drawings all over the place that I kept putting on hold, mostly due to how long the shading process takes per drawing (keep in mind, I am drawing with a netbook touchpad…). In comparison, I can due a really good black-and-white sketch in my doodle notebook in a matter of minutes! I realized that, if I wanted to get some art out before the end of the week, I needed to do something simpler, and a few of my notebook doodles are done in a very simple style. The style is an accumulation of my style with chibi, kawaii, and anime styles. I’d never done this style publicly because it always looked sloppy when I did it on the computer, but then I tested it out again on a different drawing and realized that it actually looked good. And so, I realized I could get the Merida and Mulan image out of my head once more! Sorry for making you have to read all that, but behind every good drawing is a good story (at least for the most part). I think it’s pretty cute, all things considered! More stuff to come – and most definitely better stuff!
Anyway, thanks, pixarmilan and Bonanna137 :slight_smile:

It’s decent. Not your best piece, but still good.

Soooo I’ve finally got some Pixar art to show you guys! Don’t worry pixarmilan, I appreciate your honesty. You didn’t discourage me from drawing Pixar stuff or anything! Though I’ll be honest, this probably won’t be my all-time greatest lineup of art… I haven’t posted in a while simply because my art’s been pretty varied as of late and I haven’t drawn Pixar stuff publicly as much. So please be kind as I show you the result of a few months’ worth of Pixar pieces.
Goofy St Patrick’s Day Brave Pic, result of a random idea
At the time, I’d been working on a lot of detailed drawings and I just wanted to draw something fun that wouldn’t take me an eternity to finish. Thennn Create decided to Irish-ify one of their digital painters for St. Patrick’s Day. And I thought it’d be hilarious to draw Merida, in green and in my chibi style. Now I already had someone point out that Merida isn’t Irish, for the record, I know that she’s Scottish, but that was the irony. The original joke was that she said “Um… but I’m Scottish, not Irish!” but that didn’t get approved so I had to pull something else out.
Nowww these drawings have a good story behind them…
Monster High Sulley
Monster High Mike
Monster High Celia
Last year, I had the craziest idea strike me. You may or may not have heard of Mattel’s line of Monster High dolls. They’re the teenage sons and daughters of famous monsters of legend and lore. I don’t collect them, being as I’m not all that big on movie monsters aside from Pixar’s Monsters. But I can say that I love the creativity behind the characters and the art style of the characters. So it took me about three minutes to sketch out an ideal Sulley in Monster High! The MI characters can be somewhat difficult for me to draw, so I’d attempted humanizing them before, but giving them normal features didn’t do them justice. But the MH characters have their monster-y features while still regaining a humanoid look. It was perfect! I’ve only done the first three of the MI characters thus far, I plan to do the MU characters once I’ve seen Monsters University. They’re not exact to the MH style, but I’m trying my best to be accurate, even when it comes to the not-hugely-dynamic poses and the unusual shading. Celia turned out the best so far. So stay tuned for more!
And like say, I know I’m still learning when it comes to drawing. So I’d really appreciate more tips and tricks in place of just straight critique. After all, I draw to make people smile! And don’t worry… I have other art I’m working on that will be more true to my style :slight_smile: