Official Teaser/Trailer Discussion

The teaser was amazing! Very excited for Toy Story 3.

A cane, that’s it. At first glance, I was thinking, "Uh . . . "

Another idea about the [spoil]train scene. In TS2, when Woody is about to leave the apartment, Jessie says

“Andy’s a real special kid…and to him you’re his buddy,
his best friend…and when Andy plays with you it’s like…even though you’re not moving…you feel like you’re alive…because that’s how he sees you.”

Just a thought: but maybe to the toys, when their owners are playing with them…the adventures they have, seem “real”. Perhaps, in the previous trailer, when you see Andy’s train tracks, which lead off a cliff-to Woody and the gang, that felt real. that’s how they saw it all? They felt “alive” Just a random thought…very curious to see how this plays out.

Maybe Woody’s remembering, vividly.[/spoil]

LOL!!

Nice.

Compared to the old trailer, there aren’t nearly as many toys like that.

No?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/gmcube/cubes.jpg

I dont even see these in the old one.

That green bug looks sweet, but he seems to be impressing Mrs. Potato Head. If he does ANYTHING to Mr. Potato Head, THAT bug is so getting squished! :imp:

I also noticed during the Spanish buzz scene, they added the blinking lights on the wings. I was wondering about that…

When I saw this trailer I was blown away. really shows how epic this movies gonna be. anyway, I think the whole train/bridge scenio is defenetly some form of andy playing with his toys. the train, monkey, and bridge pieces are seen in the older trailer. the movie probably starts out wit that scene sort of how the 1st movie did, but acctually how andy is pretending it looks.

This is awesome. I love how fast-packed it is. Did anyone notice that the poker table they are using is a See-n-say toy? :laughing:

I believe it was being used as a roulette wheel.

Yep, I was one of the first ones to point that out.

Judging from what I’ve seen so far with the new characters in that scene, I’m guessing that maybe Ken, Twitch, and the squid toy are working for Lotso (depending on whether or not he’s really a villain like I’ve been hearing), while Peas-in-a-Pod and Mr. Pricklepants are the more friendlier characters that will be allies for Andy’s toys.

As for Lotso carrying a cane, I hope they don’t make him another “wise-on-the-outside” type character cause they already went down that road with Stinky Pete.

Can I tell you guys how much fun it is for me to watch you pick apart the trailers and try to assemble a story that makes sense? You’re like a bunch of medical examiners trying to piece together clues to solve a murder…

If you’re having so much fun with this little sneak peek, I can’t wait to see what you come up with tomorrow when the new trailer goes live.

You’ll find LOADS of fun little hidden inside details in the full trailer. Let’s see how many you can spot…

Lee

Wow, Lee Unkrich just posted something? I feel so humbled right now!

By the way, I think it’s great that PIXAR decided to include LEGO mini figures into the film as well as the bricks. Those were some of the few toys I remember playing with when I was 6 and wishing that they were in Toy Story. And now they are!

Maybe he has to use a cane to get around because he is plush? It’s hard for plush toys to stand on theyr own.

But Woody and Bullseye can get around without using a cane. Same with the hilariously obese Prospector and his feet were tiny! Maybe the cane is just for show (like Dr. Facilier) or better yet maybe [spoil]it’s to symbolize power like mob bosses have. Given what we’ve seen in this trailer so far, I don’t find it impossible that Lotso’s role could be slightly related to a toy gangster.[/spoil]

I didn’t think of that. The mob boss theory is a good one. Didn’t think of that one.

Wow, guess Lee decided to stop lurking. :wink:
(and then he was never heard from again…) haha

Anyway, someone pointed this out on the upcoming pixar blog comments section. the Ken doll is based on a real one.

Animal lovin Ken eh? I bet John had something to do with this, considering his roots as the jungle safari tour guide and all. Or maybe Im just overthinking it. I’d never do that would I?

Andy dies at the end confirmed. As for my theories on who and how, stay tuned. (it may or may not involve a certain Sid Philips)

I was wondering earlier why Ken looked sort of different than I pictured, but now that I know it’s based on a real doll I’m okay with his design.

:laughing: That’s pretty great that Lee posted something. I really love the way he’s been using Twitter and stuff too. Great fun/interesting way to roll things out. The teaser is really exciting. Definitely a lot to analyze. Good spot on the LEGO Minifigure, glad to see him myself. I was surprised by how Ken looks but it’s cool to know he’s based on a real version. The telephone scene might be my favorite thing we’ve seen so far.

This is all very exciting! I’m terrible at guessing plots, but I agree with your ideas about which characters are on the side of Lotso, Flik-E. Ken looks like he’s going to be a really funny character, and that’s cool that he’s actually based on a real Ken toy.

And that’s quite the challenge, Mr. Unkrich! Everyone’s going to be watching that trailer for hours on end, trying to spot every little in-joke…:laughing: