Official Teaser/Trailer Discussion

Oh, man, this is gonna be INCREDIBLE. I seriously got chills. I see they’ve polished a lot of the movie more, too. And apparently the lighting and timeline of the movie has changed a bit (most clear in the Spanish Buzz scene).

Whoa, talk about a mood swing! For a daycare that looks super bright and cheerful in the daytime, after hours it’s something completely different! I am totally blown away blown away by this, and I can’t wait to see the full trailer tomorrow! Thanks so much for sharing!

I noticed a few things too…

For one the [spoil]background in the “new toys” scene is different, and there are a few toys missing/added to the daycare toys…interesting.[/spoil]

Here are pics to prove (open at own risk-potential Spoilers-I couldn’t hide the link…sorry)

Trailer photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 1245_n.jpg
Teaser #2 photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 1211_n.jpg

Just found something; when Hamm yells “Incoming!” Lotso can be seen at the top right of the screen.

Lol, I just realized that you beat me to it. (Posting the teaser)… :laughing:

I’m assuming that the voice is also [spoil]Lotso[/spoil].

When I think about it, I’m a little confused.

Like for one:

[spoil]Woody on the train and the bridge exploding.[/spoil]

[spoil]Woody, Buzz and Jessie getting chased by toy monkeys.[/spoil]

Those two parts leave me a little confused, but of course it’ll make sense later on.

I think what’s great about this is not only do we get another Toy Story 3 Teaser trailer today from Pixar, but we also get a full trailer tomorrow and more info on the new cast! I guess Lee Unkrich was right, this is an exciting day for TS3 fans.

Almost wondering if the [spoil]train, and bridge scene, and possibly the wild monkeys, could be another dream sequence? like in TS2 when Woody get’s thrown away? just a thought. It makes no sense right now, but is amazing[spoil][/spoil]

Yeah, I’m not sure why they changed that.

And he appears to be carrying a cane with him too.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the beginning shows that Woody actually does get thrown into the box with the other toys by mistake, so I think that’s finally cleared up.

Maybe since some of the toys are bad they thought use monkey’s as like minions maybe.

Actually, I believe this is [spoil]Andy playing with his toys again. If you watch the first trailer, you can see the train Woody, Bullseye, Jessie and all of the monkeys on the floor along with Andy right before his mom enters the room.[/spoil]

So in a sense, it is kind of like the beginning of Toy Story only more imaginative.

Also, [spoil]I think the voice that says “what do you think of the new recruits…” is Michael Keaton. I’ve seen a ton of his movies and I can recognize his voice.[/spoil]

Or it could be foreshadowing the actual events that happen at the daycare. It’s like in Toy Story 2 when the video game sequence with Zurg repeats itself later on and Rex says at the end of the film “I don’t need to play: I’ve lived it!”.

I dont see how it could be anything But a dream. my guess is he has the dream while being couped up in that box for so long. He kinda has a flashback to the good old days, but it turns into a nightmare. and probably ends before “death by monkey’s.”

That would be awesome. Like a much more dramatic version from Toy Story 2.

Also, I guess this clip explains when Woody arrives at the daycare. Only question is why is he not being violently played with? Perhaps he’s hiding.

I guess that’s true, but since the whole dream sequence thing was done before in Toy Story 2 I’m not sure if they would be doing the same thing twice unless Woody was having more intense nightmares now.

A dream is the first thing I assumed it to be. Andy playing with them makes sense, but I don’t see why they would make it like that, all imaginative and everything, when they didn’t do that in the first 2 films. Very interesting indeed.
My other thoughts:

[spoiler] I’m surprised how they changed things up, like the “NewToys!” scene, the Spanish Buzz, etc. I guess they had a major re-thinking of the plot…

As for the daycare toys, they seem…bad. The whole “any keepers” thing. maybe the octopus, robot, lotso, etc. are like the gang of bad toys at the center, who push around the little guys. They pretend to be nice, then launch their plan to get rid of the toys when the kids stop playing with them. Losto being the most aggressive. And I’m guessing that’s his voice on that phone (I used to have that phone, awesomeness!). I thought Ken would be good, someone said that’s Michael Keaton…or maybe I’m getting confused as to who he plays. Anyways, those are my thoughts. Oh yeah, Woody falling out of Andy’s window seems to be a continuation from the last clip I’m assuming. [/spoiler][/spoiler]

Upon further speculation of that scene with Andy playing, you could be right! It does have a bridge that he’d run off, a train, plenty of Monkeys, and of course Woody Jessie, and Buzz. Maybe it will be the intro, like where you think Buzz just got decimated, you think Woody just got blown to smithereens, and it’s revealed it’s Andy’s dream or something, and he gets up and re-enacts it.

My guess is either we just haven’t seen it, or, like in TS1, only he knows the danger of the kids, hides before they come, and the other toys expect to be loved and anxiously sit out to be played with, not believing Woody’s warnings. I refer to how Buzz and the alien didn’t know how dangerous Sid would be and they seemed to not think anything of going into his house. Same kind of situation. That would also explain the still of them all being happy except Woody upon entering the daycare.

I think Woody having dreams all the time is part of his character. Deep down he’s pretty insecure.

by the way, those two comparison pics of the old and new daycare are pretty drastic. doesnt seem to be much that hasnt changed at least a little. I think I liked the old one better. but maybe thats why they changed it. maybe it was Too inviting. Context is everything I guess. time will tell, but l think I’d prefer the old one.

I’m glad they fixed up all the extra toys in the daycare. In the first trailer, you can tell that some of the toys are just a quick ensamble of cubes and spheres. You can tell they’ve made a lot of good changes in this time.

Also, I think I saw Ken at the bad-guy poker table, is he bad too??

Cubes and squares? are you confusing the old with the new? Because the new one has cubes and squares.