If You Could Change One Thing...

I completely disagree, Cars was one of pixar’s less predictable films, I mean, everyone was expecting Mcqueen to win the Piston Cup (he didn’t), Sally was supposed to go and see Mcqueen in the final race (she didn’t go, she stayed in Radiator Springs), everyone was expecting to see Chick losing against Mcqueen (he won despite of turning into a joke among dinoco, fans, public, mia & tia :laughing: , etc.) and most important nobody knew what would happen to The King, his tragical accident in the final race made Mcqueen remember Doc’s tragical fate,

did you know all that information before the last 10 minutes of the film???, I guess you didn’t,

^Agreed. I really didn’t expect those things, especially The King’s accident and McQueen not winning…and now that you mention the Sally thing I really didn’t expect that either actually! I didn’t cry during that scene though, it made me feel happy inside. :stuck_out_tongue: The only part I cried during was when McQueen and Sally say goodbye. I don’t know what it is, the looks in their eyes, the things Sally says to him and the words he struggles to find or a combination of it all made me teary-eyed. :`-(

The last half hour shocked me the first time. Totally unexpected.

that was so emotional, but what made me love the film was the sh-boom scene, looking at all the folks dancing was breathtaking, it was unexpected and charming, Gosh, I am gonna watch Cars right now,

^YES!!! That is my ultimate, favourite scene! I wasn’t expecting that from the movie and the song is epic too and McQueen happens to look ah-mazing in that white-wall 50’s outfit! :smiley:

wouldn’t change much, Maybe give Chick a bigger role though.

Ok, I have a number of problems with Cars, but if I could change ONE thing that would be:

The ridiculous amount of pop songs. I would release Cars: The Score-only Version.

That’s an aspect that really sets up Cars apart from the rest of the Pixar movies.

I agree. I really like the movie, and the plot, but the songs always bugged me for some reason. It was Shrek all over again.

You don’t like All Star or Im a Believer?

I know that’s for Virginia, but I personally don’t. Let’s wait for her response.

I actually liked the music from Cars. It had a mix of both pop songs and score not just one or the other. If you don’t like pop though, I can understand that it would be kinda annoying.

I would have made certain the reporter car talking to Lightning McQueen in the beginning of the movie after the race didn’t look EXACTLY like Sally…

She doesn’t look exactly like Sally. Not even her color.

Now, McQueen and Dale Jr. look really similar.

I agree. Besides the fact that they are both kind of curvy and sleek I don’t see any connection at all. They are very different. I wish Kori had a slightly bigger role, I like her! Also, you are right about McQueen and Dale. They have a stronger similarity than Sally and Kori.

I remember when I saw a clip of dale, I thought it was McQueen.

I liked the songs in Cars! I know I’m kinda random/late, but yeah. Before I wasn’t a big fan of country-ish songs, but Life is a Highway just gives me the best feeling in the world, and I loved Sh-Boom, and Our Town. They’re all just happy (besides Our Town, but I love that one too). I like having sing-along songs sometimes and not just scores. It makes my iPod more interesting :slight_smile:

^ Me too. I love the Rascal Flatts version of Life is a Highway. Sh-Boom is just awesome and Our Town is quite good too. What about Find Yourself? Anybody like that one? :slight_smile:

Oh I love Find Yourself. It embodies the theme of the movie perfectly. Melody wise, it also fits the slow rhythm of the movie. I love it.

Couldn’t have said that better myself! It’s an excellent track.

Embarassing, but I’ve never actually listened to that all the way through. I can hear it in my head, but I don’t know why, I’ve never considered adding it to my music playlists before. I probably will now that I remember it :slight_smile: