If You Could Change One Thing...

Here’s some more things I would change:

Make Mater not be a typical “Dumb redneck” character

Make Chick not be a one-dimensional car

Make McQueen and Sally’s romance more believable

Have the story be A LOT less predictable. Anyone with a brain could see what the story and ending would be like after 10 minutes.

Most of the things I want would require a total overhaul of the story, which is fine, as it was terrible

The only thing I liked about Cars was that McQueen actually had character developement, and that too was predictable and cliche

[quote="HaloCod":2z3ukc4k]Here’s some more things I would change:

Make Mater not be a typical "Dumb redneck" character

Make Chick not be a one-dimensional car

Make McQueen and Sally’s romance more believable

Have the story be A LOT less predictable. Anyone with a brain could see what the story and ending would be like after 10 minutes.

Most of the things I want would require a total overhaul of the story, which is fine, as it was terrible

The only thing I liked about Cars was that McQueen actually had character developement, and that too was predictable and cliche[/quote:2z3ukc4k]
Oooh Harsh much? :-\ Cars was that horrible and Predictable? If it was so "predictable" how is it that Lightning didn’t win the race. Don’t the good guys usally win? I didn’t know what was going to happen in the end,does that mean I don’t have a brain? :| I’m sorry that the movie bothered you that much…oh well more for us Cars fans then… :P

Cars was predictable because, aside from McQueen, all characters stayed exactly the same, had a bunch of cliches that Pixar usually avoids, and the main ending, where McQueen stays at Radiator Springs, could be seen from a mile away.

And obviously, the romance. Was anyone here actually not expecting McQueen and Sally to hook up? The instant Mcqueen gazed at her, we all knew what would happen.

This might have also been okay if there was any believability to their relationship, but no, there was not. Lighting and Sally has the worst possible relationship I’ve ever seen in a Pixar movie.

[quote="HaloCod":1agowu7p]Cars was predictable because, aside from McQueen, all characters stayed exactly the same, had a bunch of cliches that Pixar usually avoids, and the main ending, where McQueen stays at Radiator Springs, could be seen from a mile away.

And obviously, the romance. Was anyone here actually not expecting McQueen and Sally to hook up? The instant Mcqueen gazed at her, we all knew what would happen.

This might have also been okay if there was any believability to their relationship, but no, there was not. Lighting and Sally has the worst possible relationship I’ve ever seen in a Pixar movie.[/quote:1agowu7p]
Wow really,what was there not to believe?You don’t have to be rude about it… I would go further with you,but I don’t want this to be used as a accusation,of me "attacking" people who are not Lightning and Sally fans… :-\ Why did you bring them up anyways? To see what type of reaction I’d make…?

Sorry, but my life is not revolved around you and I didn’t bring it up just to see how you would react. I brought it up because it’s just how I feel

[quote="HaloCod":3jthhx72]Sorry, but my life is not revolved around you and I didn’t bring it up just to see how you would react. I brought it up because it’s just how I feel[/quote:3jthhx72]
Yeah,whatever :-\ …I do sorta agree with what you said about Chick and Mater though…

HaloCod you have some interesting points but there are alot less rude ways to make your point. And just for the record…if Cars is SO awful then why is it getting a sequel and why are you on the Cars forum? If you have nothing to say but hate comments take them somewhere else because I know there are many people on this site who won’t tolerate them.

Really… :neutral_face:

Hmmm? What do you mean? Oh, or are you just agreeing with me?

Yes, she was agreeing with you.

Anyway, I like the movie well enough how it is. But I’m still prepared for the sequel to be completely opposite! :mrgreen:

Yeah, it’s gonna be a total change in pace I think. I love the first one but the sequel looks more edgy and fast-paced with action in every scene! Not to mention it’s gonna be in 3D…awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m very happy with the reversal. Again, I love Cars. But the sequel being totally different is appealing to me.

Ugh, it seems like on every major thread on this forum there is some sort of argument going on, and it’s tiring. Can’t we all just agree to disagree? And keep in mind that others on these boards have different opinions. So if you express an opinion, be sure not to be too rude or sarcastic please!

Anyway, I didn’t find the Cars ending to predictable. I thought that Lightning would win, instead of throwing the race to give a somewhat dygnafied career end for The King.

I agree. I assumed he was going to win.

There’s only two possible outcomes, he either wins or loses. You have a 50% chance of predicting the outcome no matter what happens. It was the way he lost, and the reasons for him doing so (helping the king finish) that made the ending good.

This. ^ Take note, everyone. You have the right to freedom of speech, but just because you can say anything, doesn’t mean that you should. It is always better to be polite than to be rude. On the other hand, it is always better to accept different opinions than to be narrow-minded.

With regards to Lightning’s magnanimous show of sportsmanship, that was one of the few Pixar scenes that made me cry the first time I watched it. Not Wall-E forgetting Eve, not ‘Married Life’, not ‘The Final Playtime’. Of all the tearjerking scenes, this one made me bawl (as well as Nigel describing Marlin’s exploits to Nemo, demonstrating the lengths a father would go to save his son). :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes, very touching, and yes, I cried wonderful ‘man tears’ in the theatre. Thank goodness my first viewing of Cars was alone.

It reminded me of this true story where during a paralympic race (where the participants only had one leg and the other mechanical), one of the contestants fell down. The other contestants all stopped, returned to the fallen contestant, and helped him across the finish line.

Dunno whether I’m imagining this, but I’m pretty sure I read something like that before somewhere. If there’s any sports historians here who could help confirm my ‘vuja de’, I’d be truly grateful.

Awww, that’s so touching to hear! I thought that McQueen was going to win the race for sure. McQueen winning the race = happy ending right? Nope, instead Pixar did the better thing and made it into meaningful moment = happy ending. I was very surprised and I liked how they chose to do that but this time 'round I’m hoping McQueen wins the Grand Prix! :mrgreen:

Thank you! I mean, we’re all Pixar fans here, right? And I like hearing different opinions, if we all had the same opinions, there would be nothing to talk about on these forums! :slight_smile:

I like how you said ‘man tears’ :laughing: Makes me laugh because of an inside joke with my friends. But back to topic, it is a very touching scene, and one of my favorites in all the Pixar films. It really shows how far Lightning’s journey took him and how it changed him as a man, erm, car.

Yeah,what he did made him look better than Chick… :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a very nice scene, and it always hits me, but I didn’t cry. :blush: