Epic Mickey

I actually never noticed that when I watched the video!

I have seen some videos that were on the Nintendo Channel (for the Wii), and I kinda hope that this game is as good as it sounds. It would be a huge disappointment if the gameplay was really lame.

They destroyed Disney World!?! No! That’s it, now it’s personal. :smiling_imp: I hope the game’s rated T.

Oh my god! They killed Mickey! You baskets! :imp:

Haha… wow, nice cinematic. Excuse my ignorance, but will this come out on PC or is it a Wii-exclusive?

I read an IGN article last week in which the author listed a few issues to be worried about. Some of the points he made were a bit harsh (like the exclusivity of the references- if you don’t understand the legacy of the character, you shouldn’t really be playing this game), while others warrant concern (like control issues with the Wiimote).

Just something to bear in mind to balance the hype for it. But I don’t mean to be a wet blanket. I am really looking forward to it, since it’s been eons since a Mickey Mouse video game! :slight_smile:

I read this on TV Tropes.org:

Needless to say, I will be standing first in line at my local ToysRUs for the collector’s edition for this game.

I would deffintly get a rated T Disney game. Is it supposed to be violant or very dark?

Ya did you know Dissidia was ment for Kingdom Hearts? Disney just didnt want their characters fighting each other -3- that would have been soooooo coool YD they shoulda made it and just rated it T or something so the little kids mommies wouldnt get all offended.

The problem with a T rated Disney game is that Disney is supposed to be for all ages, from kids to adults. Now, I’m not saying that means they shouldn’t have anything dark or scary, that’s what makes it adult. What I love personally about Kingdom Hearts is that its a great game for a teenager to play but I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable breaking it out when there are children around.

Epic Mickey is dark and meant for kids. To all those who say it should be rated T, keep in mind the entire point of this game was to scare kids, so kids need to buy it.

“Disney scared the pants off of me when I was a little kid. Disney needs to scare kids!”
— Warren Spector

Besides, a game can be good while rated E.

Wait, who said anything about a T Rated Epic Mickey? Last time I heard the rating was still pending.

It is. But a few comments said that they think it should be a T rated game (Like they hope it’ll be too scary for kids)

Nah i think it be a bit much to be T-rated. Because not a lot of teens (i think) would admit that Mickey is totally the sh!t Lots of people put things down and to me if they made it T then it Would be put into a catagorizeation (yaaa i know i suck at spelling i dont have my amazing google toolbar at school)
Ive herd a lot of adults aready talking about the game in a negative way. Some people dont like change they want their Mickey the way they grew up with him. The rating system is really ragged on because of games like Grand Theif Auto; the parents bought the game then say they should have put a harsher rating on it because it was a bad influense to kids and made them act out.
I don’t think anyone Really cares about the ratings. I mean seriously, your either ganna buy the game or not. End of story.
If it was teen id buy it and any kids who wanted it I’m sure could get it if they used their powers of pursation. Its a game about Mickey how bad could it be right?
If its E then go buy the game and shut the hell up YDDDD its a game kidies there have been worse things like GTA out there. I’m pretty sure i wont be seeing Mickey beating up a hooker and stealing a car so i think i’ll be alright ^^

Parents are WAY TO PROTECTICE these days. They see someone punch s person on a show or movie or video game and there like " OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, MY KID IS GONNA GROW UP TO BE A COLD BLOODED MURDERER, IM GONNA BLOCK ALL THESE CHANNELS AND THEACH MY KID EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD. They really need to loosen up.

YDDDD yes exactly!!!

Hmmmm, I dunno. Being that the game is still a Mickey Mouse video game, you’d be hard pressed to give it a T rating (after all, they did give Toy Story 3 a G rating, out of all things). But even if it is rated T, I still don’t think that’d affect the target demographic’s interest in the game. I mean Super Smash Bros Brawl was rated T and it is one of the most insanely bought game for the Wii.[/i]

Pixarfan91: Hey, my parents can be protective like that, but at least they usually give me a reason as to why. Some kids pick things up from movies and video games (like violence - we had to get rid of Super Smash Bros because it literally caused my brothers to be continually angry with eachother) while other kids just don’t give a crap. It all depends on the kid, in my opinion.

Honestly, I don’t see anything wrong with this game - I like the fact that, even though it’s Disney, they’re unafraid to explore the darker elements of a character. It makes for a more interesting plot. And honestly, the rating doesn’t matter. I think it’s what it is rated for that parents should be concerned about.

I’ll probably wait a while after this game comes out to play it (or maybe buy it). I like to wait until the game’s price goes down a bit before considering to buy it… :laughing:

Agreed. I saw a parents website talking about Epic Mickey, and how Mickey is going to be more mischievous and a bit greedy in the game. Cue parents complaining about the horrible state of today’s society that Disney would turn the character “edgy” and “greedy” (You mean turn him back to the way he originally was?) in order to be “hip and cool.”

As well as the parents who gave bad reviews to movies like Princess and the Frog and Toy Story because they scared their kids a bit. Ursula and Scar scared the blue blazin’ hell out of me as a kid, and my parents still let me watch those movies! I believe that kids need a little fear in them. I know a girl who isn’t allowed to watch Drake and Josh at 13 because it has a lot of kissing in it. Oh no! She’s totally going to turn into a deviant because she saw slightly passionate kissing! AAHH!

I played Mortal Kombat at 5 years old and I turned out finr. The reason kids turn violent is because of the parents themselves. Thry keep saying that it is bad to play it or watch it which incourges them to watch or play it. The more over protective the parent is the more they tick off the child/teen.

“Excuse me, I have to do that every twelve minutes.”

Good ol’ Hawaiian Shirt. I knew we could count on him! :slight_smile:

Video games don’t hurt people. People hurt people. Seriously, there’s such a thing as ‘parental supervision’, silly parents. :unamused:

The new October issue of “Nintendo Power” has 10 pages on Epic MIckey. The Nintendo Power website lets you look inside the magazine as well.

This game looks cool, but I have neither a WII or any money. :cry:

PF91, I agree completley!! I know people have “gone nuts” because of WoW, and movies like Scarface. And one thing to note is: they all have complexes. If media drives you crazy, you already were. People just refuse to accept that the problem is them. My little brother Noah is “hooked” on VGs, but we keep his time limited, and he still helps clean and never hurts anyone. It all depends on how messed up you are, not the game.