Epic Mickey

Very interested in this title, Is it only for Wii at the moment? It doesn’t matter if it is, since I have a Wii and 360. Just finding out if it’s an exclusive.

Nothing official yet, though rumors are hinting that it’s Wii-only, time will tell.

And yeah, not getting all the comparisons to Kingdom Hearts. I mean, really, what are the similarities? If I may, I’d like to quote someone from a different forum on this:

Btw, plus points if this game is called “Steampunk Willie” in the end.

Yeah, it’s Wii only.
Got quite a few good updates now:
gameinformer.com/b/features/arch … ation.aspx
Test animation here

gameinformer.com/games/disney_ep … ector.aspx
Interview with Spector

gameinformer.com/b/features/arch … ickey.aspx
Art of Video

It’s gonna be a dark Disney game. Mickey will even be given a new addiude. i can’t wait for it. The box cover looks awlsome.

media.industrygamers.com/editori … ycover.jpg

Apparently, the game designers are working with Pixar on this game. Maybe that means a Pixar character will be in it. But this game definitely looks epic (No pun intended.)

It’s more consultation. John Lasseter was a big influence on Spector when he suggested getting into what a cartoon wanted in life, much like how when making Toy Story, he and the rest of the team on that tried getting into what a Toy wanted.
And of course, there could be Beetleworx with Pixar elements

This looks like what long time Disney fans need. disney hasn’t put out anything good for awhile now. Even if it’s not the best game the return of Oswald will make me happy.

I love how they’re bringing Oswald The Lucky Rabbit into the game as an Anti-hero. It’s such an inventive idea, to take the Ex-Disney character and re imagine him as a bitter individual. I wish I had a Wii… oh well I can just borrow my friend’s.

,i read somewhere that this game was about mickey mouse SUICIDE!
youtube.com/watch?v=6EUa24ZmPkc&feature=fvw

this looks creepy, maybe it will be a good game, sounds great

(crossing fingers)please let it be buzz lightyear!please let it be buzz lightyear!please let it be buzz lightyear!

I heard about this quite a while ago. I’m looking quite forward to it! It has been confirmed that the official release date is September 16, 2010 (can’t wait!).

Also, has anyone seen this?

I have this issue in my locker at school. I showed it to some of my friends a month or two ago. I got weird looks. Somebody was like “Why do you have Mickey Mouse in your locker?” and I was like “It’s freaking Epic Mickey!” and then they were like “You’re crazy.”

Looking forward to the game, though I still hope that the end up applying cell-shaders to the in-game graphics. Looks much, much better Disney game than “Nomura Hearts” could ever hope to be.

Just saw the Cinematic Intro for the game over at youtube youtube.com/watch?v=4-MnhFSHTxU and needless to say, I was completely BLOWN away by this game! This thing looks so Epic! I’m talking Blob Monsters, Awesome Music, Paint Magic and the original Mickey Mouse! Plus, there’s so many call backs to original Disney Features and Featurettes that makes this game a must for any Disney Fan.

That intro was pretty cool. I’m looking forward to the game, but I was hoping Epic Mickey was a tentative title. “Epic” is the most overused word ever.

Hey now, KH is awesome! :smiley: It actually kind of annoys me that people keep comparing the two. Can’t Disney have TWO great game series’? They’re not even on the same console!

Anyway, yeah, this looks great! I might ask for a Wii for Christmas, and I MUST get this game. I love that Disney’s video games seem to have a darker element to them, which I always enjoy.

Ok, I must admit that it kind of annoys me that Warren Spector acts like Mickey has never been cool in the last 30 years coughKingMickeycough and that it was current Disney that watered down his personality, when it was actually Walt himself. Still, what I love about Mickey Mouse is that SINCE his personality isn’t really all that strictly defined, you can have Mickey be whatever you feel like you want him to be at the time. What him to be sweet and innocent? Watch House of Mouse. Want him to be mischievous and slightly violent? Watch old cartoons or Runaway Brain. Want him to be Yoda/Jesus-Figure? Play Kingdom Hearts. Want him to be any of those things? Play this game.

Totally agree with you Rac_Rules, no reason Disney can’t have two awesome derides of Video Games. In my opinion, I think that how Kingdom Hearts was moreover Disney meets Final Fantasy, Epic Mickey is Disney meets American McGee. They’re both, as you said, completely different games with their own completely different playstyle. It’s just the whole “unorthodox” Disney that has gotten people into the incorrect mindset of comparing it to Kingdom Hearts.

What I really really like about the game is how much research Warren and his did to creating it. Everything in the game, and I mean that literally, was at one point a scrapped or rejected concept or drawing by Disney (even thing like the trash cans and lamp posts). He seems to have a profound respect for the character, and wanting him to return to that incorrigible rogue he was in Plane Crazy is a brilliant idea.

Also, Warren Spector has in fact mentioned in interviews that he’s a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but remarks that Mickey was only a “secondary character” and not the main hero of the game.

He’s right. One thing that annoyed me about KH is how little Mickey is actually featured. I read somewhere that he was originally going to be the main character.

Mickey HAS needed a great game to give him the spotlight. I think Epic Mickey will more than serve that purpose. I’ve been watching some videos of gameplay on YouTube, and it looks like a lot of fun! Dangit, I NEED A WII! Unfortunately, my dad is pressuring me to ask for an XBox instead so he can play HIS games. Yeah, no.

Still, I probably won’t be playing him as a rogue. I like him better as middle-of-the-road or a hero.

I’ve actually been hearing that the whole “Scrapper Mickey” concept was abandoned, but I’m not sure how much of it is true since it hasn’t actually been confirmed. It could be just a rumor though.

On the other hand, as much as this game sounds intriguing, I unfortunately won’t be able to play it since I’m not much of a gamer plus I don’t even have a wii, lol. But I did remember Warren saying in an official interview with Game Informers that he really wants this game to also be turned into a movie, and if that actually happens, then it’s good news for all of us non-gamers out there. :smiley:

The cinematic just won me over. Very, very nice work. Plus, I love how Mickey’s ears stay in the same position to the camera no matter how much his head moves. :smiley:

I am sooo looking forward to this. Thanks to this I have grown fond of Oswald The Lucky Rabbit and started to watch his cartoons. It’s a real shame Oswald had all those legal issues and was forgotten or never known by most. I love the idea of the forgotten world and Oswald being it’s first resident. Poor Oswald :frowning:.

Yeah, it is. Especially when they used it on the Scott Pilgrim movie poster, “An Epic Of Epic Epicness” But seriously, this game is gonna be awesome.