Epic Mickey

I’ve been excited about this game for awhile, since the concept art for it was first shown - in fact, I might’ve heard about it thanks to this forum! The idea and retro themes definitely piqued my interest. I’ll wait for some reviews to settle in before I go ahead and buy it, though. I’m always slightly skeptical about new games these days.

About the whole rating deal - it’ll probably get an E10+. Like you guys said, Warren Spector wants it to be a game to scare kids. So kids should play it! I mean, that’d be like if Coraline got a PG-13 instead of PG.

So apparently the game is rated E. Not too surprising, given that it is a Disney video game.

So after all this excitement and controversy this game is rated E?

EPIC FAIL!

I don’t know what’s the problem here. The game is still going to be as dark and awesome as ever, its just that it’s rated E. Doesn’t really mean anything.

Man, I wish I could do digital art that looks like that. I love the concept art for this game. It’s so dark and ominous and creepy and all that jazz. :slight_smile:

Where do you find these pictures, anyways?

And I agree - rating means absolutely nothing. Just like how PG-rated movies can be intense and super awesome without having to be rated PG-13. The same applies to video games, in my opinion. :wink:

Ooh, is Sleeping Beauty going to be part of this game? I can’t have it since my game platform is from 2002, but this game looks awesome.

Ooh, I love that concept art!

Darker and edgier… can’t say I’m a fan of it (Conker’s an exception, partially) but this looks so awesome! and FINALLY Mickey gets his starring role again! Mr. Disney would’ve been proud :3

Jeez, Nintendo is trying to make me go broke! Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Luigi’s Mansion on the 3DS… D:

Rated E? Thats stupid, Rate it at least E10, Mickey is cool enough.

The area in question is called “Dark Beauty’s Castle”, and you can find the gameplay of the scene right here1

Rated E means diddlysquat. Tons of awesome games are Rated E (like every single Mario and Kirby game ever made).

New Epic Mickey gameplay featuring their Haunted Mansion area “Lonesome Manor” and their Main Streat: “Mean Street”.
[url]http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/105?ep=105[/url]

Cool! Thanks for the link, Pixar Builder!!

New featurette just came out today! Enjoy. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_SZxeaPtlw - Disney Epic Mickey - Storytelling Featurette

What does rating have to do with awesomeness? Toy Story is rated G, and…some other, awesome movies by Pixar are PG. :wink: Rating doesn’t count. Besides, the game has to be child friendly, since it is Mickey, after all.

Thank god Minnie’s going to be in this game.

Favorite new concept art:

Those are beast!! Thanks, PB.

Brand new Epic Mickey featurette starring Oswald The Lucky Rabbit!

Oh my

you know, I knew of Oswald before this. I feel special. :laughing:

those pictures would not scare a 3 year old, they are not dark at all.

Wanna see dark epic mickey pictures?

I was VERY excited when i saw this pictures when epic mickey was fist announced, but i read on wikipedia that they tooned down the game because it was too dark.

Its not epic mickey, its epic fail.

^That’s scary. :open_mouth:

Its suposed to be scary, i find the game “scary” pictures and the new “scary” phantom blot look pathetic.