Do you thinlk Boo will be a teen or still a kid in this?

chuckles It’s alright it’s human nature heh :slight_smile:

It seems that everyone else may have more or less summed up exactly why and how the discussion of stereotypes and such got into this mess…basically, I will admit that my feelings interferred with my judgement and so I did go off a little…I do agree with most of your statement in relation to Violet though, out of all that was said here in relation to her, I would have to say that your statement makes the most sense to me…as for me, I never went through the awkward stages of dressing different until I turned eighteen, I grew up with pretty strict parents and I wasn’t allowed alot more freedom of choosing what to wear and how to express myself until I became an adult…now at twenty three, I still dress in the dark gothic style and I’m sure that I may dress that way for a good while, I know it won’t last forever and who knows, I may grow out of it but for now, I’m enjoying my style as much as I can…I will also admit that I get pretty defensive in relation to TNBC, I’m a pretty big Burton fan so it’s a bad habit of mine unfortunately…

My take on this is that Pixar is taking many of their films, stripping out their core and putting a new one in, with one theme: conflict with time passing. With TS3, it is about Andy being all grown up. I can see MI2 being one of Boo growing up with Sulley for all her younger years, and now that she’s all grown up there’s a conflict of her “moving on” past her imagination. Maybe this is all part of her imagination - but that’s another question entirely.

Doesn’t Boo make a cameo appearance in TS3? Scroll down.
d.hatena.ne.jp/miyake-yuu/20100712/1278934459
She looks like Boo to me with her eyes and nose. She appears in pre-school age.

I just tweeted Lee Unkrich, but I don’t think he’s answering questions about TS3 because not every country has watched TS3.

No, it’s not Boo. Lee’s already tweeted that.

Is that Boo would lose the essence, I hope pixar nose knows what to do.

I haven’t followed any rumored plot ideas or Boo-Participation for MI2, but here’s my wacky thought of one option: We’re an unspecified number of years in the future. Sully used to visit Boo when she was a toddler, but a few near-misses of being caught in the human world convinced him that he had to stop this, and he hasn’t seen her since she was about 3. By the time of MI2, Mike and Celia are married and have kids. In a reverse of MI (where Boo came into the Monster world), Mike’s littlest kid ends up lost in the human world, and Mike & Sully have to get him back (I know, shades of Finding Nemo…). At some point, when M&S are in need of help, Sully says, “I know what to do!” - and goes to Boo… who is now 17/18 (old enough to drive a car). Over the years, she’s been convinced that her memories of having a blue furry monster friend who lived in her closet were all in her imagination, so she’s shocked to actually see Sully - and to realize that, hey, it wasn’t her imagination! She helps the guys as she and Sully renew their friendship.

Regardless of what they do, I think if they have Boo in MI2, the relationship needs to be swapped so that the Guys need her help, which means she has to be old enough to be able to help. If Boo comes back at any age, I trust Pixar to make her an engaging and likeable character.

An incredibly selfish part of me doesn’t want a sequel almost because of what they’ll do to Boo if they do have her much older like a teenager. Mainly because it might conflict with my version of her.

(Geez MG, conceited much?)

Though of course she has to be a little older anyway. I kind of always had in my head she was this very optimistic, happy, friendly, if strange girl in her late teens who didn’t care about being viewed as weird, and even reveled in it. I think if they went down the route of someone angsting to be normal it would be too like Violet maybe anyway (who wanted to be normal for a while**). It would be far too similar.

Plus I see her as being a huge stinking liar all the same because of her involvement with monsters and keeping secrets all the time. And confusion on what the true definition of bravery was maybe. Things like that. I think Boo might have a trouble saying when she’s ACTUALLY afraid to people she knows because she might eventually view it as a very bad thing to be.

If she was younger than this, only a year or so after the movie, I think she would have violence issues as stated earlier. By the time she gets to later teens she’d hopefully have gotten over that sort of thing, but it would be better if a movie showed this change in her and a lesson in that.

**Though I see my version of Boo liking her a lot and them getting along if they existed in the same universe, though Violet being weirded out at first by her randomness and her not being all that easily fazed by strange occurances.

Then again in my head The Incredibles is a very popular hero comic book series in her world or something and she also went on a Syndrome fangirl kick in her early teens for a while only then became a more casual fan about the whole franchise, and still reads them now and again. Just because I find that sort of thing funny to think about. XD.

i HOPE Boo is back, and i HOPE the movie takes place a year or two after MI. I want to see Boo as a child still, NOT a teen…

And if my wish comes true (i have wished on every shooting star I saw this week…124 to be exact)

Boo will look just like that girl in Sunnyside from TS3. The one who a lot of people think (IS) Boo? It’d be refreshing to have her back as a child still…

AND if she’s all “Grown up”, people would criticize, saying the same “scenarios” from TS3 were present.

Pixar has a way of surprising us though, and always doing a smashing job of it. They’ll ace the sequel, I just am curious to see how it goes.

Well I’d perfer it if she was a little older but not too much older too myself, but we’ll have to see.

Same with whether the sequel will be good or not. We can’t know for sure of course until we actually see it.

People have said that they thought this was Boo in Toy Story 3:

So maybe if she does appear in the sequel, she’ll appear like this.

I don’t know that I care so much. I don’t care what they do with the sequel at all, as long as I like it.

I think Lee tweeted that wasn’t supposed to be Boo…

But after TS3, seeing as they made Andy no less-likeable while being 10 years older, I wouldn’t fear Boo growing up

Maybe or maybe not. It would be interesting to see Boo all grown up.

I think it would be very interesting to see her grown up, but it’s already been done. I feel like it would be copying Toy Story 3 too much.

Same here, Rayhawk. I’m afraid of seeing TS3 in MI2.

I think Boo returning to her form as a kid might potentially damage the plot of Monsters Inc 2. The sequel would be more interesting to watch if Boo is at a pre-teen age, an age where she is able to think to a certain extent and its a wonder how that will affect the story in general. I understand people still want Boo as her original self, but I find it very bland if Pixar choose to start the sequel immediately from where the first finished off. It is best if Pixar treasured that moment and starts the next movie from another perspective and a have flash-back of what happened in the end of Monster inc, deployed to help the audience revisit moment and show what really happened.

The plot of Monsters Inc 2 is still unknown and I wonder if Pixar will choose to end Sulley’s and Boo relationship by having Boo’s family move homes, thus ending Sulley’s visits with Boo. Also the young age of Boo may be used to an advantage, where her memory of Sulley and Mike may be made forgotten, which removes any involvement she may have had with Sulley and Mike and if she ever thought about them she may think of them as imaginary friends. Sulley and Mike could then be made to accidentally meet Boo, but her at an older age. Then Pixar could start developing their relationship even further and even get her involved into the whole sequel plot.

You brought up a couple of really good and valid points here, azzstar. For one thing, there is the likelihood of Boo’s family moving away, and Sulley no longer being able to find her, and there’s the memory thing. It has been scientifically proven that human children cannot recall events that happened prior to the age of three, although many people have “false memories” because of what they’ve been told by others. At the age of three, when Boo is revisited by Sulley at the end of the movie, she would JUST be able to retain any memory of him. If he’d had to wait another year, she’d have had no clue who he was and quite possibly would have been terrified of him. Unless she is continually exposed to Mike, she’ll forget him as well, ditto for Randall.

As a teen, IF she sees enough of Sulley and Mike in that critical age three-four span of time, she’ll always remember them, but she won’t have a clue of her adventures in their world as a two-year-old.

While I don’t know if Pixar will include Boo in the sequel, I’d bet on there being some cute little innocent kid character who will need nurturing and protecting, although it might not necessarily be a HUMAN cute little innocent kid! Cute little innocent kids appeal to movie goers of all ages, so they are a recurring theme.

pitbulllady

EDIT- Please don’t quote the entire post above yours, especially if it’s a long one. Thanks!

-lizardgirl

I hope she does look like that in the second one. Personally I don’t want boo to be a teen in the second one.

EDIT- Please don’t quote images if they’re on the same page, thanks!

-lizardgirl

I highly doubt boo will return for the sequel.
The main reason being is Monsters Inc. lampoons the things we feared
as little kids. Who knows? maybe boo will have a little sister or neice
and the story will revolve around her.