Central Monsters University Discussion

10 years…I suddenly feel really old! :open_mouth:

Yep, guess we’ll wait and see. I’m crossing my fingers for an actual sequel though!

chuckles Don’t we all.
Hmm…I wonder what the record is for the “longest period between a film and a sequel” is.

Same here.

The record is for Bambi and Bambi 2

Really? He seemed a little off to me, like a little TOO friendly “Snow cones?”. Maybe he IS a criminal, but banishment made him somewhat loopy. Just like Bigfoot who made a diaper out of poison ivy and called himself king itchy. THATS loopy! lol

AB is certainly an enigma when it comes to why he was…
Well actually who knows. The AB has been around for a VERY long time…sure, maybe he lives longer, like Waternoose, but it’s not out of the mind to consider there have been SEVERAL ABs, by different monsters.
So that may mean he wasn’t banished. I mean when you think about it, he KNOWS about banishment, but he never even shared about his own even if he WAS. I mean he does seem to be the type to “let it alone” but still, you’d think he’d mention about himself.
And yes he DOES talk about “a” Bigfoot, so why not himself?

Oui, but this Bigfoot, yeah…definitely went crazy.
Then again, given the beating Randall got on his skull, he might unfortunately go similar. Though doubt he’d put a diaper on himself 8D That is unless that beating screwed him up internally :open_mouth: But regardless, doubt he’d call himself King Itchy 8D

You know…one would wonder if Banishment turns monsters into a more primal state. I mean honestly, most are considered criminals, so they would be violent in most cases. And with Bigfoot, he went, as said, loopy. So even an innocent person of a Banishment crime would get repercussions.

Yeah, to be honest that would be kinda funny if Randall was loopy from banashment. Like I can just picture in the sequel Sully and Mike running into him in the swamps and Randall is like “Snow cone?” XD or “WELCOME TO LOUISIANA!” XD

That’d be funny as hell!!! 8D

Show the old lady monster win the Monster Beauty Pageant please.

Well its official! Monsters Inc. 2 is indeed a prequel. Its titled “Monsters University”
accesspixar.blogspot.com/2011/03 … rsity.html

Pixartimes is also reporting on the same news:
[url]http://pixartimes.com/2011/03/29/monsters-inc-prequel-to-be-called-monsters-university/[/url]

I’m relieved that they’re actually making a prequel, meaning they’re not messing with the perfect ending of Monsters, Inc. My only concern (so far) is that Monsters 2 will venture too much into the childish side of this world. Mike Wazowski in college? That spells havocs and restless pranks for me right there!

I’m glad that it’s not a sequel. I loved the ending too much. The [spoil]whole University and rivals becoming enemies[/spoil] sounds cliche, but I’m sure Pixar is creative enough to have a fresh take on that.

Eeyup. Read this on Twitter. Great premise, I’m sure university folks like me would lap this up.

Only concern I have is that it’s getting a November release next year, only a few months after Brave. Since when did Pixar have a ‘two-films-a-year’ policy? Don’t tell me they’re going down the… mock gasp Dreamworks path? :open_mouth:

eje, you mean [spoil]rivals turn friends[/spoil]? :wink:

This would be just the first time. Hardly a “policy”

at first I wasn’t sold with the idea of a prequel, but after thinking about it, I am fine with it, I wanna see pixar making its first prequel, I have high hopes on this film

2012 is now the most promising and the biggest year for hollywood in history

Thank god, I thought Freddy Krueger would be behind me or my totem would be still spinning or something.

If this is going to be the official board, you guys should change it to the proper title, Monsters University.

I think this sounds very interesting. :slight_smile: I agree with a few here that the ending was amazing, and I wouldn’t want it to be ruined, and even though I think it sounds a little bit like Toy Story, I think it will be unique and turn out to be great.

I hope that the fact that they need to be younger doesn’t mean we’ll see dramatic redesigns on the characters we’re familiar with.

That’s one of my main concerns about it being a prequel.

Guys, I’ve created a new topic to discuss the sequel there. It is called “Monsters University”. I hope that’s OK? :nerd:

Someone already did that and they closed it, saying this one is the official, maybe with the goal of not losing the post we made in the past.

So I think we should just change the name and that’s all.