Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18~19
Chapter 20~21
Chapter 22

Prolouge
“Sally, your eyes are gorgeous.”, said Lightning. Sally and Lightning were inside of their cone. It was late at night and they were parked by lit candles that made the cone have a soft romantic glow. They were both sipping oil. Sally gently kissed Lightning. He smiled.
“I love you.”, Lightning said softly. Sally went to kiss him again but a knock was heard on their garage door. Lightning’s attention was pulled away.
“Who could that be this late…?”, Lightning asked. He turned around and hit a switch with his tire. The garage door started to open. They both stared at the bottom of the door as it creeped up to see the tires of the unknown car before its face. As soon as a rusty brown bumper was visable, Lightning rolled his eyes. Then the door opened all the way.
“Hiya buddy!”, yelled Mater. Sally cringed at the volume of his voice. Mater looked past Lightning and Sally and saw the candles and then he grinned. “Mater, me and Sal-”
“Ohh boy!”
“Sally and I-”
“I knowed you saved some of them there candles for me!”
Sally giggled. Lightning wasn’t all that amused. He just wanted to be alone with Sally for a while.
“Why are you here, Mater?”, asked Lightning.
“Well actually I’m here because…well…”
“What is it, Mater?”, asked Sally.
“Well Bubba is here! Remember from our Race-O-Rama?”
Sally gasped. Lightning revved his engine.
“Is he messing with you again? Tell me.”
“Baby, no! You’ll get hurt!”, Sally warned. “I can take him.”, Lightning replied.
“No Lightnin’ you don’t understand…he ain’t back for me. He’s back for you!”, said Mater.
“Back for me…? What did I do?”
“He finally learned that you was the one helpin’ my racin’. He says he wants to get rid of me! Startin’ from the source! That’s you!”
“So…he’s mad because I tipped you in on a small racing trick? ONE small racing trick?”
“Mmhm!”
“He is going to hurt ME because YOU beat him?”
“Yeah! What are we gonna do? Set up 'nother race?”
“No, Mater we need to settle this in a mature manner…no more racing to try to solve problems with this guy. You do realize that I didn’t help you in any huge way right? It was you who raced him and it was you who won. All I did was tell you how to stick those Rustbucket Stadium turns better.”
“Well I know’d that! He don’t know that!”
Lightning signed. He shut his eyes slowly. “Well I’ll talk to him tomorrow morning.”
“Uh…buddy…I don’t think you could wait that long…”
“Goodnight Mater.”
Lightning stretched his tire out at hit the switch that closes the garage door.
“No wait! WAIT!”, Mater begged as the door was closing. But the door shut anyway. Mater stood parked outside of Lightning and Sally’s cone.
He sniffled and in a soft weak voice he said, “Help me…” The truth was that Lightning could wait longer but Mater just didn’t feel safe. He doesn’t have a romantic partner next to him and he doesn’t have a Lightning McQueen next to him to protect him.
Lightning reached over to Sally’s tire and he started to rub it. “Now.”, started Lightning. “Where were we?” Sally smiled sweetly.

This chapter is really long…so I’m splitting it in two parts.

~Chapter 1 (Part 1) ~
The sun rose from the North East and shined on Radiator Springs. The sunlight came through Lightning and Sally’s window and the shades made lines on their hoods. Lightning and Sally were still sleeping. Sally only has mattresses in cones when a car was living there or staying for a really long time. Otherwise she uses those little mats the cars just park on. Lightning’s right rear tire was hanging off their mattress and his mouth was hanging open. A little spot of drool nestled in the corner of his mouth. Sally was leaning her front bumper on her left front tire like a pillow and Lightning was doing the same thing except with his right front tire. Her right front tire was holding Lightning’s left front tire. Their hoods gently bobbed up and down from their breathing. Their pillows which were supposed to have their front bumpers on were off the mattress and on the floor. Their blanket was scrunched up at their rear tires. Sally’s rear tires were spread. One would say those two were adorable.
-7 hours later-
“LIGHTNIN’!”, yelled Mater from outside their cone’s garage door. Lightning groaned and stuggled his eyes open. He squinted at the little cone alarm clock. The time read 1:00 PM. His eyes widened and he gasped. He looked at Sally. He smiled at her sleeping face.
“She’s an angel…I won’t wake her.”, he thought. He rolled off the mattress and opened the garage door with the switch. When the door opened, Mater examined Lighning. Lightning’s eyes were a little bloodshot at the sides of his windshield. He saw Sally was still laying down and sleeping.
“Dad-Gum! You was asleep?”, Mater guessed. “Yeah we were up really late last night.”, said Lightning.
Mater studied the floor with the pillows on it inside the motel room and the scrunched up blanket on the edge of the bed.
“What were you doin’? Fightin’?”
Lightning looked down at his hood. There were very tiny scratches on it.
Lightning studdered, “Yeah, f-fighting.”
“Well, whatever you was fightin’ 'bout I’ll leave ya to your privacy.”
Lightning exhaled and smiled. “I’ll tell you. But you can’t tell anyone else, okay?”
“What?”
Lightning started to whisper something to Mater.
Mater smiled and put out his tire in front of Lightning. Lightning turned to check if Sally was still sleeping and when he saw she was, he turned back to Mater, smiled wide, then slapped his tire with his.
“So, what’s up?”, asked Lightning. Mater’s jaw dropped and he said, “Don’t you remember? You need to talk to Bubba for me. Look what he did!”
Mater showed his left side to Lightning. There was a giant dent in his door and it looked like rust was knocked off. Lightning’s face quickly turned from calm to furious and he revved angrily.
“I’m so sick of this guy.”, said Lightning. “Well then come and beat 'em up fer me.”, Mater replied.
Lightning sighed. He already told Mater he wasn’t going to fight Bubba.
“See ya later! Just drop by and we’ll go!”, said Mater and he was on his way. Lightning turned to Sally and drove over to her. He nudged her fender lightly with his hood.
“Hey.”, Lightning said softly. “Hey, wake up sweetie.”
Sally opened her eyes slowly. She saw the sun high in the sky. “What time is it?”, she asked.
“One-ish.”, Lightning replied.
Sally groaned. “That late?”, she asked.
“That late.”, Lightning replied.
Sally thought for a moment then her eyes widened. She looked over at Lightning and said, “I need to go to Doc’s later.” Lightning gave Sally a puzzled look. “Well I need him to check something for me.”, she continued.
“Are you okay?”, asked Lightning. Sally nodded and said, “I’m fine.”
Lightning sighed. “Well, I’m going to go talk to Bubba.”
“Be careful!”, Sally warned. Lightning smiled. He was happy that she cared so much. He drove out of the cone and down the road toward Mater’s. Sally quickly left as well and sped to Flo’s V8 Café. There was loud music from the 50s playing. It was hard to hear.
“Flo!”, she called out. “Flo!”
Mia and Tia were taking orders from cars.
“She’s inside!”, yelled Mia. “Thank you!”, Sally replied.
Sally drove to the drive through sign and made the left needed to get to the window.
“Flo!”, she called out again. Flo turned around and drove to the window.
“Hey sweetie! What can I get you?”, she asked.
“You can start by giving me some courage.”, Sally said.
Flo lifted one of her eyelids. “I don’t understand what you mean, Sally.”
“Well I need someone to come with me to Doc’s and since you’re my b-best friend I want you to come w-with me. To Doc’s.”, Sally’s voice was a little shaky.
“Aww no problem. Come on, girl.”
“Thank you, Flo.”
Flo left the little kitchen/office and drove next to Sally.

When they arrived at Doc's, Sally lightly pressed her hood through the swinging doors with Flo following close behind. It was different. Before the town was popular again, it was just an examination room with the supplies. Now, there was a whole waiting room and reception desk. There was still just one examination room though. Sally looked around the waiting room. 

“Can I help you?”, asked a female voice.
Sally looked at the desk and saw a yellow GTO. “Yes, I need to see Dr. Hudson today.”, answered Sally.
The GTO typed something in her computer, looked up at Sally and said, “Very well. Please park in the waiting room.”
Sally turned around and parked with Flo.
“Hm…she didn’t seem to be too interested in you wanting to see Doc.”, noticed Flo. “Why do you say that?”, asked Sally.
Just then, Doc rolled out of his office and looked at the GTO.
“Hey, who is my next-”, Doc started. He noticed something on the GTO’s computer screen. Doc sighed. “Nurse GTO, please, get off your HoodBook page.”
Nurse GTO’s yellow hood started to get a little red where her eyes met her hood. She was embarassed.
“She’s right there, doctor.”
She pointed to Sally. Doc smiled big.
“Come on in, Sally. You too, Flo. If Sally wants you to.” Sally nodded to Flo to give her the okay. They both drove into his examination room. Doc closed the door behind them.
“So…what’s wrong?”, asked Doc. Sally looked at Flo and then to Doc. “Well, Doc…I’m…in need of a bit of a test.”, she said.
“Oh…?”, asked Doc. “What’s wrong?”
“Nothing is wrong.”, said Sally.
“Why was your voice shaky before then?”, asked Flo.
Sally smiled. Flo and Doc looked at Sally with puzzled faces. Then Sally laughed.
“Uh…Sally?”, Doc asked.
“I want to see…if…”, Sally started.
“If?”, asked Flo.
Just then, Doc’s mouth dropped, Flo smiled wide, and she jumped up and down on her tires.
Flo said loudly, “You and Lightning are planning a-!?”
“SHH!”, Sally answered.
“Well good thing cars are able to tell fast…”, said Doc. “Just come here on the lift and I’ll tell you what to do.”

EDIT:
Here is what Bubba looks like:

This is Bubba introducing himself:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1d-bDeC3Wg

This one is REALLY out of sync so you basically need to just listen to it. But anyway, this is another scene with Bubba:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmaAB1De … re=related

This is one where Mater realizes Bubba isn’t that nice:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnPVJs7M … re=related

This is Bubba defeated:

youtube.com/watch?v=rj20ytu_ … re=related

Here is part two. Told you it was long!

~Chapter 1 (Part 2)~
Lightning arrived at Mater’s. When he looked inside of his yard, Bubba had Mater hanging on his tow cable.
“Git me down!”, Mater demanded.
“Nope!”, said Bubba. Bubba started to swing Mater around.
“Let me down!!”, Mater demanded again. Bubba laughed. “Let me down!”, Bubba mocked.
Lightning rolled his eyes and drove into his yard. “C’mon, Bubba. Don’t you ever get tired of being a bully?”, said Lightning to Bubba’s back. Since Mater was hanging on Bubba’s tow cable behind him, he was looking right at Lightning.
“Hiya, buddy!”, Mater exclaimed.
“Hey, Mater.”, said Lightning.
Bubba lifted Mater up a little more, then flung him down hard. Pain surged through Mater’s shocks. Bubba turned around and looked at Mater. He pushed Mater out of the way of his sight of Lightning.
“Oh yeah?”, asked Bubba. “What are you going to to about it, Racecar?”
“Grow up, Bubba…really.”, said Lightning. “This stuff is getting a little-”
Bubba rammed his tire into Lightning’s face.
“OW!”, yelled Lightning.
He sunk his hood to the floor and brought his tires us to cover it. His eyes started to tear a little.
“Heh, you was sayin’?”, teased Bubba.
“GIT AWAY FROM MY BES’ FRIEND!”, Mater screamed.
Mater jumped up to land on Bubba, but Bubba caught Mater with his tow hook and flung him back to the ground again. Mater was breathing hard.
“You wanna see your best friend?”, asked Bubba. “SEE 'EM!”
Bubba pulled Mater, swung Mater around him, and let him go.
“AHHHH!”, yelled Lightning. He saw Mater about to fly into him.
It was too late.
A sharp bash was felt in Lightning’s left side. Lightning groaned.
“HEY!”, called a deep male voice. “WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?”
Bubba rolled his eyes to the voice. It was Sheriff.
“O-Oh…”, Bubba studdered. “They was just fightin’ and I was stoppin’ it.”
Sheriff rolled his eyes. “You boys are so immature.”, said Sheriff. “Lightning, Sally needs you. She’s at Doc’s.”
Lightning could feel his engine sink.
“Is she okay?!”, Lightning worried. Sheriff turned his tires out, shrugging. Lightning sped out of Mater’s garage into Doc’s. He stopped at the reception desk.
“I need to see a woman named Sally Carerra!”, yelled Lightning. He was panting. Nurse GTO pointed to the examination room. She noticed the dents all over him.
“Are you okay, Lightning?”, she asked. Everyone knew Lightning so that’s why she knew his name. Lightning ignored her and sped into the examination room. Doc, Flo, and Sally looked at him. There were no smiles on their faces.
“What happened to you?”, asked Doc.
“You’re dented all over!”, said Flo.
Sally’s eyes started to get red.
“I’m not the important one right now and I think I know that, Flo.”, Lightning answered. He noticed Sally’s eyes
. “Sally…”, he started.
“Come on, Flo. Let’s leave them alone.”, said Doc. Flo nodded and drove out with Doc.
“You…You said you were just going to t-talk to him…”, said Sally.
“He started it.”, mummbled Lightning.
“You promised.”
“I was just talking to him, but then he punched my in the face!”
“Then what’s that dent on your left side?”
“That was Mater.”
“Mater hit you!?”
“No…Bubba threw Mater and he bashed into me.”
Sally was silent.
“Sally, are you okay?”
“Lightning, you’ve loved me for…a while now right?”
“Yes of course! With all of my heart. You know that, Sally. You know that I would do anything you wanted. You know that I would go to the ends of the Earth just to get you something. You know that I would never leave you. You know that you’re all mine. You know that I would accept any changes that happen to you and even to me.”
Sally’s eyes widened. They were red from the tears before. “Accept any changes that happen to me…and you?”, she repeated.
Lightning nodded. “Yeah, anything. Sweetheart…you know that.”
“I’m glad you said that, Stickers…”
“Why?”
Sally looked at Lightning with an unmistakeable expression. The corner’s of her mouth pulled up a little bit and she smiled. Lightning gasped.
“L-Last night? When we were fighting?”, he asked.
“Fightning?”
“No…that was something Mater said but, l-last night?”
“Yeah.”
Lightning started to breath heavily.
“Oh…oh…oh my…oh my manufacturer…”
Sally teared up with happiness. “I know!”
Lightning looked at Sally. They were both silent. Lightning stared into Sally’s beautiful green eyes and Sally stared into Lightning’s amazing pools of blue eyes. Flo bashed through the doors of the examination room.
“So!? How do you feel about it Lightning!?”, she yelled in excitement.
“Flo! You can’t just do that!”, Doc said.
Lightning laughed lightly and asked, “You were both listening to that whole thing?”
Flo and Doc looked down at their hoods and nodded in shame. Lightning looked back at Sally. Sally smiled even bigger, with her teeth showing.
“So?”, Sally said softly.
“Uh…so…”, he started. Sally noticed Lightning eyes getting a little lazy and were closing.
“Lightning? Lightning! Can you hear me?”, Sally worried. Lightning turned on his side. He fainted.

~Chapter 2~
Lightning’s eyes fought gravity and opened slowly. His eyes ached and his sight was still blurry. He looked toward a light blue blob in front of his face. “Lightning? Are you alright?”, asked the light blue blob. It sounded like Sally. “How ya feelin’, son? I fixed you up. You’re dent and scratch free.”, said a dark blue blob. That blob sounded like Doc. “Urg…”, Lightning groaned. Slowly, everything started to sharpen up and Lightning was able to see everything clearly once again. “What happened? I just remember me and Sally talking and…and then I’m just here in your examination room, Doc.”, said Lightning. “You were here before, remember?”, asked Doc. Lightning thought for a moment. “Uh…”, he started. “Oh, yeah.” “Do you remember why you fainted?”, asked Doc. “Uh…”, Lightning started. “Sally…Sally she…we…little car.” Lightning turned on his side again. “Hey, hotshot!”, called Doc. He stomped his left front tire in front of Lightning. “Wake up!” Lightning’s eyes opened up slowly once again. “Ugh…what?”, asked Lightning. Sally giggled. “Lightning, you’re going to be a daddy!”, she said. “A daddy?”, he asked. “Yep.”, answered Doc. Lightning started to think about it.

“Okay, little one.”, said Lightning. “Time to show you how to turn!” “But, dad! I already know how to turn!”, said a male toddler car. “Not on dirt you don’t!”, said Lightning. “See, basically, if you’re going hard enough left, you’ll find yourself turning right. You’re going to be racing so you’ll need to learn how to turn on everything at a fast speed. Even dirt. Even though most of the time you’ll be racing on pavement.” “But I don’t want to speed around in circles with people watching me! I don’t even want to move on a hot day! I don’t want to beat others. I don’t want cups as rewards. I don’t want to race!!!”, yelled Lightning’s son.

Those last five words stuck in Lightning’s mind. “Sally, our son doesn’t want to race.”, said Lightning. Sally raised a brow at him and laughed. “Lightning…we didn’t even have our baby yet!”, said Sally. “I was thinking about it, though.”, said Lightning. “Do you think we’re ready?” Doc stared at Lightning. “Sally?”, asked Doc. “Do you think you can leave me and Lightning alone for a minute?” “Sure, Doc.”, she said. Sally drove out of the examination room and waited outside in the waiting room. Lightning looked over at Doc. “Lightning…let me talk to you.”, said Doc. “Okay…”, said Lightning.
“Lightning, I don’t think you know how much Sally loves you. I don’t think you know what her plans are.”
“What you mean…?”
“What was the last thing she said to you before I kicked you out of here?”
Lightning thought back.

“You should go…”, said Sally. “I know but-”, said Lightning. “Good luck in California.”, Sally said. She backed away a little. “I hope you find what you’re looking for.”

“Yeah I remember…”, said Lightning. “Don’t you know what she meant?”, asked Doc.
“Yeah…well, I thought I did until you said that.”
“She said that to hint at you that she wants someone for her. She wants love. She wants to have a family.”
“She has that doesn’t she? Now?”
“She came up to me, after you left that day. Do you know what she said? She found out that I called the media to pick you up. I told her that it was best for everyone. She said, ‘Best for everyone? Or best for you?’ and she started to drive away, staring at me with a death stare until she just drove off all the way. She drove down the street where you were leaving. She was about to chase you. She didn’t. Why? Because she thought about what I said. It was best for everyone.”
Lightning exhaled. “What are you trying to say, Doc? That I’m not good enough? You know, I think I’ve changed a lot since then.”
“You want to know what I’m saying? I’ll tell you! I’m saying, with the way you were raised, I don’t think you should be a father at all!”
Lightning swallowed hard. His eyes were windows to his now angry soul. His body started to shake. He opened his mouth. Then he closed it fast. Those nasty words that he was about to say, they weren’t even worth it. Lightning’s voice started to sound choked up. “H-How I was raised?”, he asked. “Wh-Where were you when-? You can’t say anything about how I was raised! You can’t! You don’t know anything about my life before Radiator Springs! Nothing!”
“You think I don’t know?”, asked Doc. “What? Wasn’t I a racecar too? You think I don’t know why cars decide to race in the first place? You think I don’t know why they feel the need to have thousands of people screaming their name? You think I don’t know why racecars love hearing people who supposedly love them?”
Lightning’s eyes started to tear up. Now, he was so choked up that he could barley say words. “D-Don-D-Do-Don’t say it…”
“Yeah, that’s right kid. You know why. You know I know why.”
Lightning was still shaking. He was breathing hard and he closed his eyes.
“Now, Lightning. Now that I have you in the state of mind that I want you in, tell me, honestly, do you think you could raise a car?”
Lightning listened with his eyes still closed. He thought deep and hard. After a few minutes, Lightning opened his eyes and he stared at Doc, in a helpless way. “I didn’t think so.”, said Doc. Lightning turned around and drove out of the examination room. He drove out looking down at his hood. He left the building. Sally was still in the waiting room. She saw Lightning just leave. She quickly followed him. “Lightning?”, asked Sally. Lightning looked up at her. She saw the pain in his expression. “Are you okay, sweetheart?”, she asked. Lightning snifflied and then slowly started to smile when he looked at Sally’s face. “I’m going to be a father. How can I not be okay?”, he said. “Sally, let’s have this car.” Sally smiled very wide. “Oh, Lightning!”, she exclaimed. Lightning hugged her lips with his and pulled away. “Sally, I love you.” Sally cuddled Lightning. “We love you too.” “You and the…little car?”, asked Lightning. “No, me and Mater.”, Sally replied. She winked. Lightning laughed. “Sally, I want to. I want to be a father.”
“You’ll be the greatest father in the world.”
Lightning blinked for a moment remembering Doc’s words. He rolled his eyes and gave Sally another kiss. Sally could feel Lightning smiling.

~Chapter 3~
The midnight wind raced through town tonight. Lightning stared outside the window of cone number one. His gas tank turned at the thought of Doc’s harsh words. “Was he saying it for the best?”, Lightning thought to himself. He looked over at the angel next to him. The one that looked like a Porsche. He smiled. Sally could take away any of Lightning’s problems. He sighed. “At least she’s a light sleeper.”, he thought again. Then he whispered aloud, “Four years.” Sally didn’t wake. She just bobbed her hood up and down. Lightning watched as she breathed. He tried to match with her and their breathing was now in sync. Sally took a breath in, Lightning took one in. Sally exhaled, Lightning exhaled. “Sally…”, he whispered. Sally cracked one of her eyes open just a little bit. She peaked over at Lightning. He was parked in front of the window. Just staring, out of it. Lightning didn’t know she was now awake and listening. “I wish I was able to tell you everything.”, Lightning whispered, to what he thought was just himself listening. He looked up at the moon. “S-Somewhere…s-somewhere…” He sniffled. “S-Somewhere…over the rainbow. W-Way up high. There’s a land that I’ve heard of once…in a lullaby. S-Somewhere over the rainbow…skies…are blue. And…the dreams that you dare to dream…” He sighed again. “Really do come true.” He looked up at the stars and sniffled. “Someday I’ll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me…w-where…w-where troubles melt like lemon drops way above the chimney tops…that’s where you’ll find me.” A tear rolled from his eyes and down his hood. He continued to whisper the song. “Somewhere…over the rainbow, bluebirds…fly. Birds fly over the rainbow…why…then why can’t I? If happy little bluebirds fly…beyond the rainbow…why?..why can’t I?” Sally opened her other eye just a little like the other one and tears started to form. She wanted to just lean on him to make him feel better. Looking up at the moon, Lightning whispered more. “Sally, I wish I could tell you…ugh…you know…the stuff Doc said to me before…he was right, Sally. Racecars are in it for the fake love. The parents of racecars…they aren’t good, Sal. Cars become racers because their parents never played with them…their parents never talked to them…their parents never taught them anything. We all learned on our own. Most of our parents were racers too. They just crushed our dreams. They didn’t want their kids to feel the way they felt. Lonely. But they were never home to kill any dreams because they were racecars. So we felt lonely anyway. They raced all the time and had no time for us. When they were home, they came home all…drunk from winning. They hit.” Lightning looked at his lucky sticker. “My lucky sticker…I call it lucky because it covers a scar that’s so bad. I’ve tried to get it fixed. It doesn’t work.” More tears rolled down Lightning’s hood. “It…it reminds me every d-day…” Lightning couldn’t hold back anymore. The tear poured from his eyes. He was crying hard. Sally pretended that she was woken up from the crying. She turned to Lightning. “Lightning…?”, she whipsered. “S-Sally!”, Lightning called out. He had that ‘crying voice’. Sally leaned her body against him. “Shh…it’s okay…”, she whispered. “It’s not okay!”, yelled Lightning. “I’m…I’m…I’m a bad father!”
“You’re not a father yet…you don’t know that! You’re going to be great!”
“I’m a RACECAR!”
Sally flinched. She pulled away from Lightning and backed away slowly. Lightning drove toward her breathing heavily again. “Am I ugly?”, asked Lightning. Sally gave Lightning a puzzled look. “AM I?”, he asked, louder.
“No, Lightning!”, Sally yelled back. Tears rolled from her eyes! “No!”
“Liar!”
“I’m not lying! I love you! I LOVE YOU!”
Lightning drove forward into Sally, slowly. He was still breathing hard. Sally was backing up while he did that. She felt a bump on her rear bumper. She looked in her right sideview mirror and saw the wall of the motel room. She couldn’t back up anymore. Lightning was in her face. She could feel his heavy breath on her front bumper. “D-Don’t hurt me…”,she whispered. Lightning stopped breathing. He stared at her. “Hurt you?”, he asked. He laughed. “I’m going to do something that should have been done a LONG time ago!”
Sally opened her mouth to scream but Lightning forced his lips in the way and kissed her. He pushed her against the wall more. Sally could feel the pressure in her body building up. He was crushing her. “Wightning, wa waby! Yew’ll hurt wa waby!”, she couldn’t say the words correctly with Lightning’s lips on hers. He pulled away. “This should have been done a long time ago…”, said Lightning. “W-What?”, she asked, even though she was afraid to. Lightning backed up and smiled at Sally.

“Marry me.”

~Chapter 4~
Sally was talking with Mater who missed everything. She just finished telling him that she and Lightning were having a baby and how crazy Lightning acted the night before. “So then, he asks me to marry him!”, said Sally. “What’d you say!?”, asked Mater in an excited way.
“I said no.”
“WHAT!?”
“He scared me last night! I don’t want to marry a monster!”
“Well you told me ‘bout what he was sayin’ to himself before he snapped at ya.”
“So?”
“Sounds like he’s under lots-o-pressure!”
“Yeah…”
“You gonna give 'em another shot?”
“I never left him…I just told him that I might not be ready.”
Mater blinked. “Hey…”, he said. “What?”, asked Sally.
“You told me that Lightning said he may not be ready for a tiny car. You said to him that he was gonna be great! He needs 'ta give it a try.”
“So?”
“So you should give 'em a try!”
“Mater, I love him with all of my heart…but last night, that wasn’t him. Something was wrong. I think it’s more than the baby.”
“Ask 'em 'ta talk 'ta ya.”
Sally thought about it. “You’re right, Mater.”
“Where is he?”, asked Mater.
“He’s in our cone crying still. From last night. From when I said no.”
“Say yes 'ta 'em!”
Sally laughed. “Bye, Mater.”
“Bye…Mrs. Sally!!!”
Mater saying ‘Mrs. Sally’ instead of ‘Miss. Sally’ made her a bit happy. “Maybe I am ready…”, she thought.
Sally arrived at their cone and she went inside. Lightning was laying on the mattress with his rear tires spread out and his front tires clutching a pillow wish he had his mouth buried in. He was crying very hard. “Lightning…I’m sorry.”, said Sally, softly. Her voice sang to Lightning like a beautifully composed song. He stopped crying but kept his mouth buried in the pillow. “T-This pillow…smells like y-you.”, said Lightning. “I love the way you smell…and…I love you.”
“Lightning, you know I still love you. I just thought that I wasn’t ready…to be married.”
“Maybe me and you can learn t-together?”
“What?”
“I can…get used to being a father and you can get used to being married…to me.”
Sally smiled and drove closer to him. “That’s a great idea, baby.” She kissed his side. Lightning took his mouth away from the pillow and turned to face Sally. He kissed her lips. Then they kissed again. Again. More. Lightning pulled away with a big smile.

Hours later, it was now night time. “Come on everybody! Dinner!”, called out Flo. Everyone in town parked in at Flo’s. Lightning couldn’t take his eyes off of Sally. There was chatter all over the place. Doc and Sheriff were talking about his weight, Ramone was talking to Fillmore, Sarge was commenting on Ramone and Fillmore’s conversation, Guido and Luigi were talking in Italian, Bubba kept pushing Mater every time he tried to take a sip of oil, Lizzie was asleep, Red was giggling, and Lightning and Sally were whispering, giggling, and cuddling. Flo came out with oil, steaks, and baked potatoes for everyone, except Fillmore. Flo gave Lightning and Sally only one can of oil. “Um…Flo…there’s only one can here.”, Sally mentioned. “Yes.”, said Flo. “But two straws.” Flo winked. Lightning lightly nudged Sally and Sally smiled and nudged him back. “Alright everyone! Dig in!”, said Flo. “Wait! Excuse me…”, Lightning called out. Everyone looked at him. Lightning drove to the middle of the gas station. “Lightning what are you doing!?”, asked Sally. Lightning ignored her. “As you all should known by now, me and Sally are having a baby.”, said Lightning. Everyone cheered. “Wait! Wait! I just want to say something to you…”, he continued. He looked at Sally. “Sweetheart, come here.” Sally’s eyes widened and she smiled big. You could hear whispers from everyone. Sally approached Lightning. “Y-Yes?”, she asked. “Feel my lucky sticker.”, said Lightning. Ramone and Mater started laughing. Flo glared at them and they stopped. Sally ran her tire over his sticker lightly. There was a bump. Sally gasped. “Peel it.”, said Lightning. Sally pulled at it with her tire and it came off. All she saw was a flat scar that couldn’t have possibly made that bumpy feeling. “Look under the sticker…”, said Lightning. Sally looked at the sticker and turned it over. There was a ring sticking to it. “Oh, Lightning!!!”, Sally squealed. “It’s beautiful!” “Yeah, but compared to you, that is the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.”, said Lightning. Sally smiled with tears in her eyes. “That sticker has been my lucky sticker in the past…because it covered a scar. I called it lucky because…why the heck would I want the paparazzi seeing that!” Everyone laughed. “But now, I can really call it lucky. It joined me with you, Sally.”
“WOOOOO! GIT-R-DONE!”, Mater yelled to Lightning.
“YOU GO, GIRL!”, Flo yelled to Sally.
“So with this ring…”, Lightning continued. “Sally Carerra…will you marry me?”
The town was quiet. All eyes were on Sally.
Her smile didn’t fade. It was still there and it got wider. “I…”, she started.

The tension was getting higher. Lightning looked into her eyes. Sally looked at Mater. Mater was smiling and nodding. She looked back at Lightning and took a deep breath in.

“Yes! I do!”

This is a very beautifully written fanfiction, x3haijessiex3. The way you describe the characters feelings and thoughts is very insightful, and your use of dialogue makes the story so exciting. Can’t wait to read more!

Thank you, JustSoWall-eCrazy! You’re in luck. :slight_smile: I’m posting the next chapter right now.

This review meant a lot to me, for it was the first one that said:

and

I must say, “Beautifully written” is something I’ve never seen before. Thank you, a lot. :smiley:

This is another long one! :open_mouth:

~Chapter 5~
“This place is so beautiful.”, said Sally. She and Lightning were parked in front of the view in front of the Wheel Well Motel. They’ve been engaged for two months now. He couldn’t stop kissing her. Sally’s eyes got heavy and started to shut slowly. “Come on, sleepyhead.”, Lightning whispered. “Where?”, asked Sally. “I hope not far. The baby is getting heavy.” Lightning smiled. Sally was really big now. Her doors were bulging out and her undercarriage almost touched the floor. They drove to the entrance of the Wheel Well Motel. “I have a surprise for you!”, Lightning said, playfully. Sally laughed. “What?”, she asked.
“You need to close your eyes, Sal!”
Sally shut her eyes.
A second barley passed.
“Okay! Open them!”
When Sally opened her eyes, she saw…the Wheel Well Motel. “Lightning, I don’t understand.”
“Welcome home!”
“Huh?”
“Sweetheart, we can’t raise the baby in a little cone. It was a perfect size for us, but not for another. No matter how small.”
“You sold the motel we built together?”
“Yeah! To us! It’ll be great! We don’t need the money. I have more than enough. I made it into a home! All the rooms are now different rooms in the house.”
“There’s room for us all?”
“Yeah, baby.”
Sally drove inside with Lightning. The place was outstanding. “Since we know we’re having a son, the baby’s room is so decked out for a little boy!”, said Lightning. “He’ll love it.” Sally smiled. “I agree.”, she said. “You did an amazing job.” She kissed him. “Want to know the best part?”, asked Lightning in a seductive voice. “What?”, Sally asked. She also was talking in a seductive voice. “Mater will need to call before he comes all the way here!”, said Lightning. Sally laughed really hard. “Oh…oh…ow…”, she groaned. “What? What’s the matter?”, Lightning worried. Sally moved her tire to her undercarriage and held it there. “I need to call Doc!”, Lightning panicked. “No…f-false alarm.”, said Sally. Sally drove to the baby’s room to take a peak. “I cant wait for you to see it!”, Lightning yelled, from a few rooms down. When Sally reached the baby’s room, she went to press the button to open the garage door. Before she even touched it, the door flew opened. “RAWRRRRRRR!!!”, yelled Mater, who was hiding in the motel the whole time. Sally jumped and let out a high pitch scream. “I knew you’d like it!”, yelled out Lightning, who thought her screams were because of excitement. “Hey, Mrs. Sally!!”, Mater yelled in her face. Lightning heard him and rolled his eyes. He drove around to the baby’s room. When he got there, Sally was clenching her undercarriage with both of her front tires and her eyes were shut tight. Her teeth couldn’t clench any harder than they were. “I-I-I didn’do it!”, Mater stuttered. Lightning was furious. “WHAT DIDN’T YOU DO, MATER?”, screamed Lightning. “AHHHHH TAKE ME TO DOC’S NOW!!!”, yelled Sally. “I gotcha, Mrs. Sally!”, Mater said. He immediately hooked Sally on his tow hook and drove as fast as he could to Doc’s.
Moments later they arrived at Doc’s.
“She’s done!”, yelled Mater to Doc.
“Done?”, asked Doc.
“Mmhm!”
“It’s only been 2 months!”
“Uh…Doc? It only takes 2 months for a car to-”, said Sally.
“Oh, I thought we were acting out that scene from the movie again…”
Lightning rolled his eyes. Mater smiled and put Sally on the lift. Doc went to hit the switch to lift the lift. “Wait, Doc.”, said Lightning. He drove to Sally. She looked at him, deeply. Lightning put his tire on Sally’s and said, “Sally…I…I want you to…look, I wish-”
“Is we all actin’ out the movie again? I want ta do the tractor tippin’ again!”
Doc snarled, “Lightning, get it over with.”
“Sally I…I want you to…know that I love you…so much…look, I wish…that I could someday spend the rest of my life with you. I wanted to tell you all of that before, but I couldn’t get it out that night. I’m just glad that all of that is true now.”
Doc looked down at his hood and frowned and he could feel his engine sink. Mater was sniffled and said, “T-That was bootiful…”
Doc shot his eyes back up and glared at Lightning. “That’s it! Get out!”, he yelled. Lightning looked at Doc with no expression and just left. Mater followed close behind. When the door shut behind them, Lightning knew it was safe to talk. “Mater, I don’t trust Sally in there alone with Doc. He might put thoughts in her mind that don’t belong there. Ones that aren’t true.”
“Aww, don’t be too scared buddy, it ain’t real.”
“What are you ta-? Mater, stop! We aren’t doing the movie or the ghost light short! I’m serious.”
“Well, why wouldn’t you trust him?”
“Because…I just do!”
“Baby!”
“I’m not a ba-HEY!”
“I wanna do the tractor tippin’ scene again!”
“URGH! FORGET IT!”
Lightning turned around so his rear bumper faced Mater. Mater stared at his friend. He felt really sorry for him. He drove next to him, leaned into him, and asked, “Lightnin’…is you under lots-o-pressure?” Lightning looked up at Mater and gave him a look. “Talk ta me.”, said Mater. Lightning inhaled deeply and said, “I don’t think that I’m going to be a good father.”
Nurse GTO was listening to the conversation. She went to her HoodBook page and typed in a new status. She wrote: Lightning McQueen doesn’t think he’s going to be a good father!!
“Why do you think that, Lightnin’?”, asked Mater. “Because…”, Lightning said. “I…just think that.”
“Wells, thoughts ain’t actions. Thoughts mean nothin’ unless you do that thought. If you act on a thought, it becomes an action. Right now, Lightnin’, that’s just a thought.”
Mater saying that made Lightning’s eyes widened. He paused for a moment. “Wow.”, said Lightning. “Did you just say that?”
“Say what?”
“Never mind.”
“NURSE GTO!”, Doc called out from the examination room. She sped to the room. “W-What do you think happened?”, asked Lightning. “I don’t know.”, said Mater.

The examination room’s doors opened opened.

Lightning and Mater’s eyes quickly jumped to the door. Lightning moved his eyes so fast, that it hurt. Then he smiled and said, “Mater…go outside and get the townsfolk.” Mater sped out of Doc’s and went to get everyone. Lightning continued staring at the door until someone told him to go in. Nurse GTO drove out of it, shut the doors, and went back to her computer. Lightning was confused. Nurse GTO went to her HoodBook page only to find that there were hundreds of comments on her status about Lightning. She responded to all of them saying: Lightning’s a father!
Nurse GTO drove back into the examination room. The doors were shut again. The sound of engines got louder. Everyone in town was now in Doc’s waiting room. “Wells, I brought everybody!”, said Mater. He saw that the doors were shut. “What happened?”, asked Flo. “Yeah?”, said Mater. Ramone’s paint job was half done. “I stopped my painting for this, man? I thought you said the baby was here, Mater!”, said Ramone. “They opened the doors, Nurse GTO came out, went on her computer, and went back in.”, Lightning answered. Everyone groaned. “Well-a we’re not leaving!”, Luigi stated. “We-a wanted to see a baby, and we-a gonna see a baby!”

The doors opened once again. Nurse GTO smiled. “Lightning?”, she asked. Lightning and everyone else smiled wide. Nurse GTO raised her tire and pulled it into herself a few times.**

**This is a “come here” gesture.

The sight of the examination room from the waiting room was beautiful at that moment. Inside of the room was basically a blinding white light in Lightning’s eyes. Almost like staring into heaven.

Lightning started to shiver and with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes, he drove into the light.

Love it! I love this fanfiction, it just gets better with each new chapter! I can’t wait till you update :smiley:

Once again, you got Mater’s dialogue down perfectly. And I like the way you explore Lightning’s other side, unsure and not as confident as usual.

Mater’s actually very fun to mimic! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you and the others at Pixarteers love it! It makes my day every time.

~Chapter 6~
When Lightning entered the examination room with Nurse GTO, Nurse GTO shut the doors. Lightning looked around the room. From Lightning’s point of view, it was so bright that it was blinding. He squinted his eyes. He didn’t see anything but a bright white light. A baby’s cry was heard in the distance. “Lightning…”, whispered Sally’s voice. Lightning smiled. He couldn’t see her. “Are you ready to see your new daughter, Lightning?”, asked Nurse GTO. Lightning looked to his right. He was able to see her. She was smiling. Lightning’s smiles faded a tiny bit. “D-Daughter?”, asked Lightning. “I thought the baby was a…a boy!” Nurse GTO shook her head. “Miracles happen.”, was all she could say. “All of that racing I was going to teach him…”, thought Lightning. “Wasted.” He drove forward and Sally’s image faded in slowly. The bright light was now seen as if it was a really dense fog and you have to be close to an object to see it. “Sally, it’s a girl…”, said Lightning. Sally smiled. “So?”, asked Sally.
“We were told it was a boy by Doc.”
“It was just a mistake.”
“A big one.”
“What’s the big deal?”
“I wanted to teach him racing and all that jazz.”
“Oh, Lightning.” Sally rolled her eyes, playfully.
“What about the room I made for him?”, asked Lightning.
“It’s fine, Lightning.”
The room started to spin. “It’s…”, started Lightning. He started to breath heavily. “It’s not fine…” Lightning closed his eyes. “I’m a father…”
Sally’s smile faded. “I freaked out while I was having the baby too, Lightning. Me? A mom? But then-”
“Hey daddy!”, said Doc’s voice from the foggy unknown. He drove closer to Lightning and Sally and Lightning was able to see him now. There was a very tiny car painted white with its eyes shut on Doc’s hood. It was sleeping. It’s tiny little hood bobbed up and down. “I-Is that?”, asked Lightning. “Yeah.”, said Doc. Lightning smiled. The dense fog he saw disappeared. Everything was clear. He didn’t take his eyes off of his daughter. “But then…what, Sally? You didn’t finish your sentence.”, said Lightning, still not taking his eyes away from his daughter. “But then, I saw her.”, said Sally. Lightning paused for a moment, then nodded. “Yeah…”, he said. “Th-Then I saw her.” Sally smiled. Doc drove close to Lightning slowly. “Bow your hood.”, said Doc. Lightning did what he said. Doc tilted his hood and the baby girl rolled off of his hood and then stopped on Lightning’s. Lightning stared at the baby that was on his hood. Lightning got all choked up. “She’s br-breathing.”, said Lightning. He was able to feel her breath on his eyes and the bobbing of her hood. “Baby cars always start out in their neutral setting until they learn how to switch out of it on their own and drive by themselves. She can’t move unless you move her. She has a coat of white on right now, but soon her natural paint job will fade in.”, said Doc. “Oh, and Lightning?”
“Yeah?”, he answered.
“Name?”
“A n-name?”
Lightning looked at Sally.
“Jenny.”, said Sally.
Lightning smiled. “How about, Jane?”, asked Lightning. “Jane Taylor McQueen?”
“Jane? Jane Taylor?”, asked Sally.
“Jane Taylor…she was the one who wrote Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I thought it would be nice to name her after her because…she…she’s as beautiful as a star.”
Tears fell out of Sally’s eyes. “That’s a great name.”
“Jane Taylor Carrera McQueen.”, Doc repeated. “Nice choice.”
“Lightning, look!”, Sally called out. Lightning looked in front of him at Jane. Her eyes were closed but her eye lids moved. She cooed. Jane’s eyes slowly started to open. When they were fully open, she looked right into Lightning’s eyes and blinked a few times. Her mouth started to curve. “She…she’s smiling!”, said Lightning. “Smiling! But…”
“But what?”, asked Sally.
“Her eyes…”, said Lightning.
“What about them?”
“They’re two different colors.”
Sally and Doc looked and saw Jane’s right eye was blue and her left eye was green. “Sh-She’s gorgeous!”, Sally said.
“Hm…interesting…”, said Doc.
Jane giggled and started bouncing her shocks up and down. She didn’t bounce up into the air, she was just…bouncing. Lightning giggled. “S-So cute.”, said Lightning. He looked at Sally. Sally was able to feel his stare. She leaned into him and smiled. “I l-love you.”, said Lightning. A tear fell out of his eye. Jane saw it and licked it. She made an “icky” face. Lightning laughed again. “I love you too, so much, Stickers.”, said Sally while giggling at Jane. “Can we take her home?”, asked Sally. “Yes.”, said Doc. Sally bowed her hood to Lightning and Lightning tilted his hood to let Jane go to Sally. When Jane was on her hood, Sally quickly drove out of the examination room to show everyone. The doors swung closed when she left. Lightning was then alone in the examination room with Doc. They heard cheering and "Aww"s from outside the doors. “Doc, I…you said we were having a boy…”, said Lightning. Doc glared at Lightning. “Good luck, daddy.”, was all Doc said and Doc drove away from Lightning to the other side of the room. “Y-You knew, didn’t you?”, asked Lightning. “You knew she was going to be a girl didn’t you?”
Doc turned around again to Lightning and smiled.

“Good luck, daddy.”, he repeated.

[b]A picture is going to be drawn soon :slight_smile: for this chapter.[/b]

Very nice how the story’s going! So exciting! I can’t wait to see the picture you’re going to draw for it!

The drawing will be up very soon. I just finished it. :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks for another good review!! :smiley:

Here is the picture I promised:

Wow, this is my favorite chapter yet, it was so beautiful! I’m really glad the baby is a girl, the whole “father having a son that’s exactly like him so he can teach him a bunch of stuff” is a little overplayed. Plus, I think father/daughter relationships are so cute <3 I like how they start off white and then fade into their own colour as they grow. And having them start off in neutral is a good idea, I wondered how they would prevent the baby from hurting itself.

I loved thepicture you drew to go with the chapter, it adds an extra helping of cuteness :wink:

Evil_Genius_27, that’s exactly why I was planning a girl the whole time. :smiling_imp: mwahahaha

I was thinking of drawing a picture for every chapter that I think is a “strong” one. :slight_smile: I wish I had the time to do one with every chapter, but it would just make some of them boring.

Hey, I could always draw something up for you if you don’t have the time. I pretty good at that stuff. :unamused:

That’s really nice of you, Snipe! You could draw me anything you want whenever you want! In fact, you can even draw your interpretations of the chapters if you would like. Even if I already drew a picture for the chapter. It’s all your choice. I’ll let you. :slight_smile:

If you’re going to draw Jade, she’s the same kind of Porsche as Sally. :slight_smile: In fact I just started doing that. :slight_smile: But you can do it too. :smiley:

I’m giving you total permission to draw whatever you want with my story. :slight_smile:

You could be the author, and I could be the illustrator! :slight_smile: :wink: