Pixar Planet Awards 2010 - Suggestions/General Discussion

Probably means fan fiction, digital art, traditional art, videos, graphics, etc.

When do we start the nominations for the other categories? I seem to have missed that part.

^ Oh, right.

Where do my fan cakes fit? 8D

Did you actually make Pixar cakes? Please say yes.

Yes.

Link! Pictures? I made a Totoro out of marzipan once… but never a Pixar character.

I’ll find the links later because I’m leaving right now. But there’s a threat about one of them on the Toy Story board.

What, what threat?

I think she means thread.

I think you mean ‘he’.

“Echo… echo” :laughing:

Oops… Well, I don’t think that’s the first time on here that I’ve mixed up genders of another user. :blush:

Haha, no problem, that’s happened to me a few times lol

My Toy Story cake thread. Do you remember it, Ellie? I can’t find it anymore :frowning:

I do remember it, you might want to check the archives Spirit.

I found it!

Did you like it? It was among the first things I posted when I got here.

We had to trow away the figurines a couple of weeks ago because they finally started to rotten :frowning:

Yes! It’s very well executed. I’m sad they didn’t last. I had a Totoro marzipan figure I made for a cupcake with little flowers, so I know how hard it is to work with. My problem was finding a balance between too oily and too dry (cracks), but maybe I was using a bad product.

And I think cakes/food is my new favorite fan medium.

Products here aren’t that good lately. We had the dry problems, as you can see, specially on Hamm.

Once again, I would like to reiterate what TSS said and remind y’all to keep your votes private and confidential. The Mods reserve the right to remove any posts deemed innapropriate or rule-breaking.

That should be the case, PPT. If a nominee has already won a prize for this year, it can’t win again for another year, unless it’s a sequel, spin-off, or different entity of some sort.

It’s a community vote for what medium members most like to dabble with in terms of fandom. Usually, it’d be one of the categories like ‘Video’, ‘Art - Traditional’, or ‘Fanfiction’, etc.

I don’t think so, not that I can recall, thewisecookiesheet. :slight_smile: Most likely we’ll remove the category for this year, unless there’s enough interest or objections.

Nominations for all categories start this Monday, January 9th. For more details, refer to the schedule in the first post. :wink:

Probably in ‘Best Art - Other’.

I would like to ask your opinions on whether we should include alternative non-Pixar fandom categories (ie ‘Best Non-Pixar Fanfiction’, ‘Best Non-Pixar Video’, etc.). Would anyone be interested in the addition of such categories? Would it be too many categories?

I’d like to see Non-Pixar awards be divided into separate categories; however, my only worry is that there won’t be enough works that qualify for each individual category (Fanfiction, Videos, etc). I know there’s a lot of art (pictures) out there, but that’s mostly all that I’ve seen.

I think I may agree with Basil on this.

Personally I’m debating whether to add non-pixar fandom stuff as well (and thus edit my post). Mainly one of my one-shot fanfictions even though I never advertised it on the forums here- it was written in 2010 so…

Another issue is that the one I’d most want to post… well it’s BIBLE fanfic. I’m not a christian (and I stated as such in my author’s note because the flame wars in the bible fanfic fandom can sometimes be horrifying), but after seeing how weird the section on ff.net was (so many don’t even use characters in the bible- it’s sometimes quite common to see a christian of modern times running around instead in these stories). I pretty much wrote an extension fic on the basis of the good samaritan parable like they were real people. Basically the guy who was beaten up in the original parable comes across one of the people who passed him on the other side in the same situation he was- and he has a decision to make regarding whether he’ll help him or not. It’s basically just those two guys and the man’s donkey.

People seemed to like it whether they were christian or not and I do too but it’s uh… kind of controversial writing bible fanfic. Even if several christians seemed to like it when I posted it up there. It’s not insulting in any way but the idea of anything like that even existing isn’t something people are necessarily always comfortable with.

Plus as I said, I didn’t really post it in the forums at all ever so it probably doesn’t count anyway.