You know you're a 90s kid when...

Oooooh, jus a big coincidence then…:wink:

I guess the whole “Block Head” statement I made just went over everybody’s head :unamused:

:mrgreen:

“on a playground where I spent most of my days, chillin’ out relaxing all cool…”. Something like that. :laughing: I still watch it, and I have two season DVDs.

It was! It was the only thing good in that class besides Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing (and Neopets which I’ve been playing since '04). EPIC FAIL!! I already knew how to type, thank you. I never made it through the trail though, I always managed to die. :laughing:

Good times, gooood times.

They still air that! :laughing: Saw it today. They even copyrighted that phrase.

I still have some of those. I’m pretty sure they’re all Disney movies though.

Just thought of another one…

You’re a 90’s kid if:

You owned an ORIGINAL Tamagotchi :wink:

facepalm I can’t believe I just did that. It was, in fact, the your mentioning “Block Head” that subconsciously called to mind the Gumbies! So it did go over my head! :blush: Well, let’s just shake hands and call ourselves proud 90s kids, then. :laughing:

Alec Azam: My grandpa gave us the CD set of Oregan Trail and I’ve never in all these years managed to make it to Oregon. :cry: I kept squandering all our money on the con-artist elixirs and picked poisoned berries!

And I have about 50 shell cases right next to me in a tall dresser. Great cover art! ^-^

~Sarah

high five :-D)

Smurfette was originally created by Gargamil to capture the other smurfs, but she defected to the real smurfs’ side. That does still leave the question of why there were no naturally born female smurfs - some sort of female smurf plague?

Technically, Smurfette wasn’t the only female smurf for the series’ entire run. Later, when the show jumped the shark, they added the “smurflings” (smurf children), including Sassette (a.k.a. “Sassy”) Smurf, who was also a girl. But I’m not sure where they came from.

I read somewhere that Baby Smurf was found by the Smurfs and presumably came from another village (he is a different shade of blue.) Perhaps the smurfs in that village had a slower aging process?

Wow I love this stuff, I could not pass up a thread about the 90’s, I can say yes to about 99% of that list. Ya’ know it’s funny, how when I was in the 90’s I didn’t know what I had till it was gone. :frowning: Thankfully I have this website :wink: and YouTube. I still listen to all the stuff I did in the 90’s( I remember my first CD player) :laughing: , and still have 1000 VHS movies in some boxes. Man, the first season of Pokemon was the best! There were so many things that just kinda came to an end?

Fett101, I can relate to a some you got there :wink: Dude I own a pair of Converse sneakers now!

This only relates to me up until I was about four, so here goes:

You remember the Mulan happy meal toys.

You remember watching Dragon Tales constantly and had a book version of the first episode.

You remember Scooby-Doo when it was actually good.

You’re friends had Sailor Moon posters on their walls.

You and your oldest sister had a heated debate over the quality of Pokemon.

On Saturday mornings, you had to choose between it and Batman because they where aired at the same time.

You thought Arthur sounded really old to you, and you just now found how young his voice really is.

Thats another thing! One of my sisters got me my very first Neopets account when I was about three, (Named “Dragontalesgirl” lol) and I remember I had 1 female korbat, then I forgot the password so I got another whose name escapes me, in which I had a male korbat to substitute my female, and then I got the one I have now when I was seven.

Being born in exactly 1990, I ain’t got much to catch up with the 90s! :angry: But here goes.

1. You caught the premier of Jurassic Park - the first one.
  2. You caught the ever renowned Digimon vs Pokemon marathon.
  3. Even till now, you still weep/cheer about the outcome of that.
  4. You still hum the theme song of “The Twilight Zone” to your younger siblings/cousins to scare them to bed (yeah, they broad-casted reruns of the old season here in the '90s).
  5. You own The Lion King Happy Meal toys.
  6. You said one line every time someone tries to leap off something - “You jump, I jump.”

God, there’re so many fond memories of the '90s, so… retro. :sunglasses:

You had all of the Disney cassettes with the matching books, which you would often listen too.

You remember playing the original ZoomBeanies.

This one is for my sister Erica:
You’re old Carmen San Diego computer game doesn’t work on your computer anymore, the computer is to advanced for it. (She complains about this a lot)

I bet this is a real thing.

Yup, I’m a 90’s kid. Everything was just plain fun back then.

Ah the 90’s, When there was Playstation and N64. Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z and Pokemon. I remember having over 1000 Pokemon cards, I was a big fan then, but now I hate the anime to bits.

Never got to try a N64. It was only available to me at parties where there were a bunch of 5-6 year old boys. And boys being boys, never let me try it out even once.

I liked Pokemon a lot back then though.

Am I getting off topic?

Gosh, that really brings back memories! I liked the ‘getting up for Saturday morning cartoons’, ‘Digimon vs Pokemon’ and ‘watched Toy Story in theatres’ bits. I remember after seeing TS at the cinemas, I bought the tie-in toys at McD and my dad suggested scribbling our names on the soles of the feet like Andy did in the movie (and he actually did it for us, I got Woody, while my bro and sis got Buzz and Bo Peep respectively).

Anyway, here’s some more I could think of, all having been experienced by Yours Truly:

You owned VHS tapes that had to be rewound every time you played them (not to mention growing mouldy if not played for a long time).

You remember educational softwares like the Random House Kids Encyclopedia, Reader Rabbit, and the Jump Start series, from companies like The Learning Company and Knowledge Adventure (you can still see some of them sold today, with little change to the plot, characters, or syllabus!).

You used Netscape as your Internet browser.

You listened to boy and girl bands like Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, 'N Sync, and S Club 7. Those were also the days when lyrics were clean, wholesome, and devoid of suggestive or subversive elements.

You got the slim PSOne and were astounded by its graphics, only to watch as the PS2 got released one year later.

You played movie-computer-game-tie-ins like The Lion King, Tarzan, and a Bug’s Life.

You still recall programs being able to fit on a floppy disk and computers still needing that drive.

You used cassette tapes to record your voice and giggled when you fast-forwarded them on boom boxes.

You actually thought you could give them a ring in the “Call On The Magic School Bus” end segment from The Magic School Bus TV show.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking, B1?” “I think I am, B2!”

You know all the theme songs from the Animation Renaissance period like “Beauty and the Beast”, “A Whole New World”, “Part of Your World”, “I Will Always Be With You”, “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”, “I Believe I Can Fly”, “Go The Distance”, “True To Your Heart”, “You’ll Be In My Heart”, “Somewhere Out of the Blue” and many more. You also remember their own music videos and how they incorporated the films’ themes into the visuals (playing clips from the movie on various screens behind the singer, who walks in a related setting) Why don’t they do animated musicals or music video tie-ins anymore? :confused: The only recent one I could think of was Cars’ ‘Life is a Highway’.

I’ll post more when I think of 'em.

:sunglasses:

I got up early on saturdays to watch TV, but I get up early now aswell.

You were one of the nerdy geeks holding a large hard-paper banner with your friends that said, “Welcome Y2K! :smiley:” at the midnight of that '99.

And yes, that smiley was included, too.

Join the clube WALL-E. I hate getting up early, but saturdays were really easy for me to get up.

I can’t see the poing in staying in bed TBH.

WALL·E: Another ‘night-dweller,’ huh? I barely slept for 3-4 hours since the afternoon the day before yesterday. Since that after noon, I had been staying up till my nap this afternoon. Sleep - it’s so overrated.