Why Isn't WALL·E in Tomorrowland?

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense. :slight_smile:

I remember the other reason why they had some trouble with the life-sized characters, it did have something to do with the weight but they feared that the children’s feet would get run over by the 700-pound trolley of Wall-E. I don’t see why they keep ignoring them, I mean, if they made a life-sized lightning mcqueen, they wouldn’t keep it out of the reach of the parks although it might weigh, oh say, 3,000 POUNDS!!! as well as being a little dangerous to drive. Also, the cars merchandise is still more popular to this day than Wall-E merchandise (weird, Wall-E was about mass consumerism), so maybe their waiting until they can figure a solution to this mass and transformation issue.

An idea, there should be a love ride dedicated to Wall-E and EVE and have the song “it only takes a moment” looping during the ride!

Yeah, I posted about the supposed weight issue in my OP but I feel that’s moreover a cop out from the Imagineers trying to cover something else up. I’ve been part of the WALL•E Building group for a long time and I know from personal experience that it’s not hard to make a life size functioning replica that weighs the same as a bicycle.

I would like the WALL•E + Eve romance if it was only a small portion of the ride. Disney always stresses on telling stories through their dark rides, and a standard “Tunnel Of Love” seems kind of campy and soulless.

But, come on, He’s adorable! (this made me laugh SOOO HARD!!!)

[url]REAL Wall-E in DisneyLand! - YouTube

Me too, somethingguy912! Which is exactly why I think the Imagineers are missing out BIG time on not including WALL•E characters in their most natural environment.

I’d also love to see a flying Eve Blimp as well as a M-O street cleaner.

too bad he’s remote controlled. If only they could make him have his own personality…

LOL, I think they have huge research grants for anyone who can build a personality based machine. :smiley:

A M-O streetcleaner is a great idea Pixar Builder!

ok, we got the on-ground robots solved. Now, we just need 10 billion dollars to build a robotic, anti-gravity pivot point EVE…

But i think the most difficult thing out of making EVE is the LED. it’s going to cost 30 bucks!!!