Why Isn't WALL·E in Tomorrowland?

I’d really like to see VN-GO & BURN-E

Hmmmm lots of really great ideas so far.

I’m working on a couple of scale model ideas for a WALL•E Dark Ride that I’m planning on submitting anonymously to the DL imagineers and I was wondering what you guys think might be cool to add into it. I’ll post more pics of my ideas when I get the chance, but I was thinking the outside should look like the garbage Earth while the inside of the ride is completely the Axiom.

I’d like to have a ride that follows the story of the movie. It would begin with WALL-E on Earth, cubing trash, meeting EVE, giving her the plant, taking care of her, and blasting into space. Then it would zoom through the stars and initiate a chase in the Axiom (M-O included!!!), and riders would bump into animatronic passengers. We could also get a tour of the bridge, the repair ward, and see WALL-E get launched into space. Then we would see the Define Dancing moment, Directive A113, the garbage airlock, the Axiom tilting, and returning to Earth, and the ride would end with an animatronic Captain McCrea planting the plant, and WALL-E and EVE holding hands. Also, the cars for the rides will be Axiom passenger chairs.

Wow. I have quite an imagination. :open_mouth:

Hm, Me thinks you might be setting your standards a tad too high JustSoWall-eCrazy for a 4 and a half minute ride (standard runtime). I think the ride might do a fair better if the inside of the ride was focused specifically on the inside of the Axiom and acts 2 &3, while the beginning of the film (WALL-E on Earth) is left in outside in the the line queue. Same with the ending.

JustSoWall-eCrazy: I love the idea of a WALL-E ride including a race through space and a chase in the Axiom, on the Axion passenger chairs! :smiley: I would totally ride that. The only thing is, though, it’d be a lot shorter and condensed then the way you described it, if it came true.

I actually would like to see any of the choices mentioned except a trash-covered Earth. I don’t think I’d want to see that anywhere there, even if it was intentional for a WALL-E theme. :confused: Isn’t Tomorrowland supposed to say how bright the future will be? If a trash-covered Earth is the only thing referencing to WALL-E, it won’t be saying much positivity there for the future nor for WALL-E.

I read about Star Trek: The Experience a day or two back and something similar would be an interesting concept to apply to Wall-E.

Cool ideas for the ride, people! I’d love to see a BnL instruction video playing on the monitor for pre-ride safety briefings. :slight_smile:

I would LOVE a WALL-E ride!

And I agree, Tommorrowland is really lacking in the WALL-E department.

But they need to bring these Nickle Machines back, they use to be at Disneyland California.

And you can find this nice little number at Hong Kong Disney:

But at least the 'World of Color Nightime Spectacular" at Disney’s California Adventure Theme Park has a whole WALL-E segment in it’s show

Yes they totally need to have that statue in front of Disney’s Tomorrowland and/or Epcot! And that smashed penny machine is awesome- can’t see why they removed it.

[[1]]

I know this may sound weird but maybe the reason why WALL•E isn’t in Tomorrowland is because there’s already a PIXAR themed thing there and it might clash or something? I don’t know but since the Nemo Submarine Voyage is already a huge attraction, perhaps they decided to opt out from anything else PIXAR (although if that’s the case I’d find their mindset very close minded).

Still, I don’t see why they couldnt do a seasonal thing with WALL•E like they do with TNMBC and HM, perhaps with a WALL•E Earth Day celebration. They do celebrate it.

That could have something to do with it. I know I’ve read on WDW forums that some people are frustrated that Tomorrowland has become too kiddie-fied and there are too many character/movie based attractions instead of more original stuff. I’ve also read that with Buzz and Monsters Inc already there they dont wanna see it turn into a mainly Pixar themed area.

Now as for my own opinion, if Disney were to do something with it, it would depend on what they were planning and what they’d have to take out/change to do that. A statue or something wouldnt hurt though.

IISC, the Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! ride was really only in Disney California Adventure. But I can see why fans might complain about too much PIXAR from BLAB FNSV.

Personally though, this still doesn’t explain to me the logic of completely foregoing an opportunity to include one of Disney- PIXAR’s greatest Sci Fi films, since the film is so heavily reminiscent of Tomorrowland, and at least having some kind of roving WALL-E animatronic.

You know, maybe they should put all this Pixar stuff in an independnt Pixar World, so we can be happy, without messing with the Disney fans’ turf. :laughing:

That’s basically what Disney’s California Adventure is becoming.

I’ve actually once made up an idea of a Pixarland, and it kinda looks like Vegas mixed with Disneyland.

Oh. I wish I could see it, then.

:frowning:

Me too. They’re adding a whole Carsland. There’s a Bugs Life land, Pixar Parades, Toy Story ride, Monsters Inc Ride, character meets…But unfortunetly for you and I, no Incredibles or WALL-E rides!

Aw. But Wall-E and TI are both more popular than ABL. :confused: You’d think they’d go where the money is…

Well, the choice of a bug’s life was appropriate because the land was put in the Agriculture section of California Adventure (California is the number 1 Agriculture state in the nation). Insects can be both a joy and a burden to agriculturists. So it was more for atmosphere, I suppose.

But, in that sense, isn’t Tomorrowland supposed to represent the future version of a Disney utopia, where cutting edge engineering meets entertainment? And what’s more edu-taining than WALL-E and BnL?