Where on Earth is WALL•E set?

Why does it matter if we could see the mass consumerism thingy :question: I highly doubt it’s supposed to be set in any specific place. I’m pretty sure Ratatouille and Cars are the only ones where we can even guess at the exact location.

^Yep, you’re right! I guess that’s one thing that makes Pixar cool, they’re mysterious as to where they’re set. And it gives us stuff to discuss/argue/question!

And I’m missing something, what mass consumerism thingy?

I don’t know what the thingy is, personally. He mentioned it, so I referred to it. :stuck_out_tongue:
And I also appreciate the undescriptiveness of Pixar locations. They could be in my back yard, or in Southern Cali! We’ll never know… :laughing:

I’m talking about how the atmosphere is filled with BnL satelittes because they’re programming commercials around the world, every single second.

Also, nice remake of the website! i hope they add the other pixar films!

Oh, okkay I totally missed that. Erm, does it give us hints as to where on Earth WALL-E lives?

I’m glad you like the updated sight, Phileas has been working super hard on it. And don’t worry, other skins will be added as the year goes on.

All i can say is, Wall-E is a redneck, and he lives in Nashville, TN

Maybey this will help? (i’m sorry for the arrow :wink:)

After that you see only dust :wink:

I think it’s in North or South Carolina

I’ve seen closer pictures.

Hmm… these are all really good ideas. The Chicago and San Francisco ideas do make sense, and so does the Carolinas theory, to a certain extent.

The reason why I stick with NYC is because of a certain part where WALL•E passes by that is full of billboards, and it seems to resemble Times Square. That, and the fact that in the game and the comic, there’s locales resembling the main part of Times Square with the Coca-Cola ad. I even assume that the BnL Ultrastore he passed may have once been the giant Macy’s in New York. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the theory that I support, I’ve always assumed that it was in NYC.

I just find it easier to accept it as a general city that can be anywhere in the US.

WE MUST COME TO A CONSENSUS!

I’m sticking with Norfolk

Nashville, Tenessee.

We don’t have to come to a consensus. I doubt everyone would ever agree, anyway.

Agreed! We’ll never probably know where it’s set, so there’s no point arguing, but it is fun to speculate!

One thing I like about movies that have vague parts (like the setting of WALL-E and Andy’s birthday year) is that the fans in a sense get to choose based on their reasonings.

Open Public! and, nice new update to the Avatar!

Totally. Same with Ellie’s baby not being born. We can make the world and characters our own in a sense.

For reals, Pixar’s own special way to including our opinions and ideaas in their movies.

I’m still putting my heart on Nashville, Tennessee. Even my fan fiction correlates to it, somewhat, seeing that a town is right next to the heart of the Axiom ‘cradle’, that is what i call it.