Where on Earth is WALL•E set?

Um, looks like Chicago to me.

[url]http://screenmusings.org/WALL-E/pages/WALL-E-851.htm[/url]
Um, looks like somwhere in Illinois to me.

Wowzers!! 4 posts :question:

Gah, I’m so sorry! Won’t happen again. :cry: I wish I could delete.

I was just kidding :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t mean to make you feel bad :cry: sorry hugs

I have to agree with Chuckles, it sure looked like they were zooming in on Chicago in the return flight. At the beginning of the movie it was somewhere in Appalachia that they zoomed in on, and then whizzed along at hyperspeed to a big city, which could have been Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, or maybe a big eastern seaboard city close to the mountains. I’m not sure where everyone is getting San Francisco, cuz it’s near Pixar, or NYC cuz it’s so big.

Poor Chuckles. It looks like his computer has been taken over by the Greater Chicago Chamber of Commerce.

I don’t see it either, San Francisco doesn’t have that many skyscrapers, and the city is surrounded by water on three sides. When the ship is blasting off and all arial views you don’t see any water.

But hey, maybe SF in the future is totally different than it is now!

I watched WALL-E and it looks like NY to me. Probably Yonkers, to go with the song.

I’m in the camp that believes that it was New York

will this provide a visual aid?:

[url]- YouTube

Ok, here are the clues:

The song says “OUTSIDE OF YONKERS”, so it could be anywhere between the suburbs just outside of Yonkers or across the globe into the prime meridian of the english channel.

The zooming looks like it’s heading towards tenessee, but notice that the camera shifts from moving down into the Earth’s atmosphere into moving across it. Also, i don’t recall Yonkers ever having wind turbines at all.

The ‘skyscrapers’ your talking about is just trash, the real buildings aren’t so tall in scale.

if it is a big city, has a ‘lake’ of some sort and has the clues laid out, i believe Wall-E’s hanging out somewhere in Nashville, TE. I’m a little surprised that Wall-E went a little redneck on us, though!

The song doesn’t really refer to where the setting is. It’s a reference to what WALL-E’s favorite movie is, Hello Dolly.

My favorite movie is Gone With the Wind, but that doesn’t mean I live in Georgia.

when i first heard it, I thought he said “Yonder”. It would mean a lot more if he said it. so not to describe one specific area. Like your mind is open to the world!

It would make more sense, but you got to remember that the song wasn’t written for WALL-E.

true, true. They should had noticed that. I guess Wall-E likes yonkers then!

Um, Tennessee is TN not TE. :wink:

It’s my belief that Wall-E lives somewhere in the Hampton Roads region (Norfolk/Portsmouth/Newport News), which is closer to where the “camera” zooms at the beginning and has a large body of water.

thanks for the correction!

Probably just some generic ?North American city, like Toy Story. So no one is put off or singled out or whatever.

If They didn’t want to be discriminate on the location, they should had fogged it out when the camera entered the mass consumerism satellite atmosphere.

Maybe they’re not discriminating on location or choosing a spot. We might be thinking into this more than the writers were!