What Pixar films did you see at the cinema?

I saw them all in theatre. Not that I was spoiled or anything - we just have it on our mind set that we will never be disappointed by a Pixar film. That, and we beg. A lot. :laughing:

Finding Nemo up to WALL-E

Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL•E

I actually don’t remember watching Toy Story at the movies, but I did have a Buzz Lightyear action figure, and it was a pretty big hit here, so the chances are high that I did see it at the cinemas. I saw ABL at a high school camp. When we went to go see TS2 at the cinemas, I wanted to go see Muppets from Space, but my sister and mum bet against me. For some reason I used to be very cynical about Disney movies, probably because that was the time they started going downhill, and I didn’t know the difference between Disney and Pixar. I hardly ever went to the cinema in my teenage years, much like now, really… and wasn’t going to see a hyped-up “cartoon.” I heard a lot about The Incredibles when it was released, and considered going…

If I could go back and see every Pixar film at the cinemas, I would. To see The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo at the cinemas would have had nothing on watching it on VHS (as with the first time I saw MI.) But all I can do is promise myself to go see every Pixar film from now on at the cinemas multiple times to make up for it. :slight_smile:

I saw every pixar movie except for Cars in the cinema. I didn’t see Cars until last June.

All of them except for Wall-E and Cars.

-Monsters Inc.
-Cars
-Ratatouille
-Wall-E

I’ve seen all of Pixar’s productions in cinemas. Here’s a list of the films and the number of times I saw them in the theater:

Toy Story - 1 time
A Bug’s Life - 1-2 times
Toy Story 2 - 2 times
Monsters, Inc. - 2-3 times
Finding Nemo - 13 times
The Incredibles - 2-4 times
Cars - 11 times
Ratatouille - 26 times
WALL-E - 5 times

As you can see, I really started to get into Pixar films by the time Finding Nemo was released in theaters nation-wide. The Incredibles was a film that I highly anticipated, but didn’t like as much when it first came out, possibly because the adult themes dominated the child-like ones for me at the time. The only reason why I saw Cars eleven times in the theater is because I had absolutely nothing else to do during that particular summer, and because it was the only good film out there at the time (I think). Ratatouille, of course, really hit the nail into the board for me. Not a week went by when I didn’t see it in cinemas. At least, I don’t think one did. As for WALL-E, I could kick myself for seeing it as many times as I did. It’s just one of those films that I only should have seen twice and no more than that, as it had such an effect on me.

Taking into account the fact that both of my parents are animators, my sister and I were brought up on paper, pencils, and all matter of animated films, from Miyazaki to Pixar, so we were introduced to the entertainment industry early on. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always admired the genius works of art that have been ceremoniously delivered by Pixar, and I’ll never stop supporting them and appreciating what they do. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Wow Mitch, 26 times in theatres for Ratatouille? Thats pretty impressive.

The Star Swordsman - Yeah, I guess I was a little bit obsessed… :laughing:

– Mitch

Join the clube when TI was in theatres Mitch.

The Star Swordsman - Ha! How many times did you see it (The Incredibles) in the theater? I’m guessing that it was an astronomical number. Heh.

– Mitch

Hmmmm, I lost count. :laughing:

The Star Swordsman - Ha-ha! I can imagine. :laughing:

Well, anyway, back on topic…

– Mitch

I saw Toy Story opening weekend when I was in kindergarten, and I thought it was totally awesome! I saw all of the movies when they came out after that with the exception of Finding Nemo and The Incredibles, the latter of which I’m still slapping myself over.

I haven’t seen Pixar films at the cinemas before Finding Nemo.

Finding Nemo - 2
The Incredibles - 2
Cars - 1
Ratatouille - 4
WALL-E - 3

And since FN once I saw the latter half of Monsters, Inc. because I didn’t know better.

Quite pathetic, I know. I plan to see the 2 Toy Story in 3-D, then the only Pixar film I haven’t seen at the cinemas is A Bug’s Life.

I know I didn’t see Toy Story in theaters because I was only 1-year-old at the time. I can’t even remember Toy Story 2, A Bug’s Life or Monsters Inc. coming out. :laughing: I saw Cars in the theater with a friend of mine, I wanted to see Ratatouille but didn’t and I did see WALL-E in theaters because my dad was doing this thing where he would count how many people were in the theater. I think I counted all the people in the WALL-E theater and then stayed for the movie. (It was free too! No, we did not sneak in the theater. We buy tickets, count people and then send the tickets to the people who wanted the numbers and they’d give us money back.)

EDIT: I forgot Finding Nemo! I might’ve seen it in the theaters. I can’t remember.

I missed Cars in the theatre, intentionally.

I missed Wall-E in the theatre, unintentionally.

Otherwise, I saw them all in the theatre.

I can’t wait 'til the first six features hit Blu-ray!

Pixar movies are a big deal in my hometown, because John Lassater lives on a property in the hills surrounding the town. So there is always a huge showing with a red carpet at the movie theater down town, with food and auction stuffs. They had life sized cars of Sally and McQueen for Cars. They stopped doing it once Up arrived, because it’s an old fashion theater and 3D just didn’t really work out there I guess. So now to see Pixar films you have to go to the modern theater and there’s no awesome celebrating, just a regular theater showing.

1. Monsters Inc. (I might of seen TS, abl, or TS2 in theaters, but I was so young so if I went I didn’t remember. I was 9 when Monsters came out)

2. Finding Nemo (Saw it for Fathers Day, perfect movie to see on Fathers Day)

3. Cars. I’ve always loved Pixar movies, I grew up in a Disney loving family. But after I saw Cars in theaters, that’s when my passion for Pixar truly started, I remember leaving the theater, and being…so excited! I was so impressed and since them I’ve been a total fan girl for Pixar.

4. Ratatouille (Saw it 3 times in theaters)

5. WALL-E (I did NOT want to see WALL-E. I was upset when I first saw the trailer because ever since I was little I’ve been afraid of robot overlords taking control of the human race. But I saw it anyway, and loved it. It’s my favorite Pixar film, but I’m still afraid of robots. Except WALL-E because he’s adorable. And C3PO because he isn’t capable of doing anything. I didn’t even go opening weekend, and the theater was PACKED, mostly adults actually. Who all enjoyed it very much.)

6. Up (Saw it at Disneyland Resort. We went right after the movie premiered, so we got our picture at the giant inflatable Up house with the baloons and the house and mailbox. (when I first saw the mailbox, I was like 'who the h*ll is Ellie?) Anyway, When my friend and I went, it was during grad night so the park closed early. So we went to the theater comples in downtown Disney. She really didn’t want to see it, I was like DUDE it’s a Pixar movie, come on! So we saw it, and both of us LOVED it. I ate too much licorice and got quite sick in the hotel room and threw up. But it was worth it.)

7. Toy Story 3: Sadly, I won’t be in town opening weekend because I’ll be doing Hurricane Relief work in New Orleans. But the day after I get back I’m going with a boatload of my friends. I’ll probably see it more than once, if I can gather up the moneys.

EDIT- Please don’t use strong curse words in your posts, even when censored. It’s usually best to find an alternative word, thanks!

-lizardgirl

Wow, that’s cool that your local cinema used to do such big things for the release of Pixar movies, ellie-jessie-eve. Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a new Pixar film. It’s a shame they don’t do it anymore, but that’s the problem with technology; it’s always relentlessly advancing.

Toy Story 2(I was in my Toy Story phase, so my mom had no choice. I was 4, and now I’m back in that phase, at the same time as The Incredibles.)
Ratatouille and Up

Yeah, not a good track record, but we only see 1-3 movies a year, and I’m the only one who really cares about the new Pixar movie. :cry: