Wall-E Observations...

[spoil]The big Wall•E bots in the Axiom are called Wall•A. Waste Allocation Load Lifter • Axiom class?[/spoil]

That’s right, Leon.

Apparently the “-E” only means “Earth-class” for WALL-E, as there are BURN-E, PRT-E, etc. aboard the Axiom, while the WALL’s there get a -A designation.

Is it just due to some speech impediment that WALL-E can’t pronounce EVE’s name right, or did the design staff have some bigger reason for making him say “EVA”? I know that “EVAAAAAAA” sounds better than “EVEEEEEE” in those many cases where WALL-E calls out her name while rushing after her.

I think when Wall-e is saying EEVAAAA its just a speech impediment, not a sign of whether she’s A-class or E-class.

Sorry for the confusion, Casey, but I wasn’t intending to imply that–my classification comment and my speech impediment comment weren’t related to one another.

Because it’s adorable that’s why!

oh, ok. My mistake Cybearg.

I assume that the production crew had a reason beyond it just being cute. I’m curious to know why.

I guess the last ‘e’ in EVE wasn’t pronounceable to WALL-E, remember, he’s very limited in what he can say.

Well, yes, that’s the assumed in-movie explanation, but I’m guessing that there is a bigger reason for it. A “behind the scenes” reason, if you will. Kind of like how the original Star Trek didn’t have the budget (or time) to create repetitious scenes of a shuttle craft docking with the Enterprise, so they used a teleporter. The in-show explanation is that the teleporter is better and more convenient technology, but the behind-the-scenes reason is that they didn’t want to mess with shuttle models.

Have you considered that the behind the scenes reason was that you had to stay true to the technology, so Ben Burtt did, and that’s why they did it. They could have made him say EVE, but that wouldn’t be staying true to the WALL-E model, I think that’s all, over thinking it will just bring strange theories to the table and a Wikipedia rumor will start…

Yeah, and it does not affect the plot at all really.

Well, some things I noticed were:
[spoil]The spork scene “hmm, spoon? fork? spoon? fork? I just put it here”

Wall-e removes his treads when he goes indoors (yes, yes. even if the world is covered in garbage it’s still nice to take your shoes off before going in your house)

The twinkies Wall’e feeds his pet look like they’re brand new after being around for over 700 years (that’s chemical cake for you, never goes bad)

The bit where Wall-e finds a ring in the trash and is more interested in the little box it came in[/spoil]

Those were some of the funniest parts, MC! I lol’d at each one of them, except the [spoil]Twinkie[/spoil]; i unfortunately didn’t notice.

The people in theater laughed at that part. I liked it too. :slight_smile:

The movie was great, as always.

yeah my dad said he saw a picture of mike from monsters inc. in wall-e’s truck i missed it did anyone else see it??

I don’t remember a Mike picture. Maybe next time, I’ll go look for it.

Welcome to Pixar planet moonstarms.

Gives me one more excuse to go see it again :slight_smile:

thanks TSS! and btw you can watch it online i will post a thread thing somewhere else 4 it so all pixar fans will see it

To quote an article I made about WALL-E:

[spoiler]1. I don’t mind at all how the live action film next to the 3D characters look, but some of those films with the CEO of Buy 'n Large looks a bit crappy, in my opinion; particularly when he explains that Earth is too toxic for any plants to survive. His hazard mask looks like something out of a cheap sci-fi flick.

1. Although the Axiom has apparently been in space for seven hundred years, there are only six or seven captain portraits on the bridge. Is the human life span drastically increased, or what?

2. I assume that the plants that end up growing on Earth are able to do so because they have been dormant seeds for so long and just now are finally able to grow. However, it looks like all of the plants are beans of some kind–they don’t seem to have a very wide variety, particularly since, in the credits, a ton of flowers, trees, etc. are depicted in what is a sort of prologue. Additionally, it shows some fish, turtles, etc. Where did THEY come from?

3. All the humans supposedly had an extreme loss of bone mass from being in outer space, lying in a hover-bed, for their entire lives, and yet the captain and others seemed to be able to stand alright on the ship, even if they had to waddle to move. Then, when they were on Earth, none of them hand a problem standing or waddling. Considering their extensive body mass and lack of bone, shouldn’t their legs have simply broken under their own weight?

4. WALL-E, after escaping certain destruction from an exploding pod, presents the plant he had saved to EVE, in outer space. Wouldn’t that cause the plant to freeze, explode from the lack of pressure, or die in some other way?[/spoiler]

I at least know that the plant might have suffered some freezing in space, but it would have survived. In space you can actually go without any protection for up to 10 sec. before completely being within serious injuries. So [spoil]the plant would have survived for the short period of time in the vacuum of space[/spoil]