WALL-E Box Office!

boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/ … necgvs.htm

Would have liked WALL•E to break the record for weekend profits for a Pixar film, but I’m still glad to see it going pretty well.

Argh, Showbizdata.com reporting WALL-E made around 7.5 million yesterday (which was less than what Ratatouille made on the same day!). I sure hope this doesn’t start dropping hard.

Yep, totals are up. $7.6 mil.

You have to remember, though, that last year July 4 was on a Wednesday, so Ratatouille’s tuesday and wednesday profits were probably effected by the holiday. I think Wall-e should see a much better Thursday and Friday than Ratatouille did.

Oh, and foreign totals are up

Good news is that this actually beat Hancock and Wanted… And Hancock opened yesterday…So…Well…That’s good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that’s not entirely good news…Hancock officially opened today. Last night was more of a “sneak peek” thing. I think it only had like one or two showings per theater and wasn’t very well advertised. I expect Hancock’s ticket sales to jump through the roof over Wednesday and Thursday. However, the good thing about mid-week releases is that by the time Friday rolls around all the die-hards have already seen the movie, leaving more people to see other films over the weekend (hint, hint). :wink:

I dont know, Everytime Will Smith is in a movie it gets huge Box office. Hopefully Wall-e can beat it out.

Oh. Well then. D:

We’ll just have to wait and see. Can WALL-E hit number 1 twice in a row? It can happen.

Well, Hancock didn’t do so well with critics… hopefully Wall-E can still pull through.

Estimates have WALL-E making another $6.7 million on Wednesday, and around $55 million max for the 5-day weekend coming up (which would put it around $140 million after the weekend). I hope these projections are correct. These numbers would be great.

Yeah, Just looked at the reviews for Hancock at Rottentomatoes: 34% :open_mouth:

Oooh, that is very good news for WALL-E there.

I’m very surprised, I have to admit- I thought Hancock would fair much better than this, especially as it seemed to have such an interesting storyline. But hey, if this benefits WALL-E, then it’s certainly not a bad thing!

I have seen Hancock, and I agree with the reviews (though I didn’t hate it as much as a lot of other people). It’s a very, very interesting concept, but the disappointing part is that the storyline that was focused on in the trailers gets abandoned after like the first 20 minutes, and the movie changes gears about four or five times. Each of the storylines are interesting on their own, but none of them are ever fully concluded – once they get close to resolving a plot point, they do a 180 and take the movie in a completely different direction. Then they toss in this bizarre climax with villains we were never really even introduced to and try to take the film in a “dark and serious” direction that doesn’t really work considering they try to make the ending light and humorous like the beginning of the film. All in all, the stuff shown in the trailers is the most interesting part of the movie, but it’s really the part they focus on the least. Will Smith is still an amazing actor, but that doesn’t make Hancock a good movie. I think Hancock will have an opening weekend similar to last year’s Transformers, but once people realize that it’s not that good, I think its’ box office numbers will drop fast. I would not be surprised at all if by next weekend or the week after that Wall-e will be performing better than Hancock.

Anyway, boxofficemojo still hasn’t updated Thursday’s totals, but Showbizdata.com is giving Wall-e an estimated $8.34 million, up quite a bit from Wednesday’s $6.70. So that’s good news! :slight_smile:

Yeah Wall-e’s gonna get steady box office for awhile and end up with around 200 million domestically. Pixar is known for making them last. :smiley:

$9 million on Friday according to showbizdata.com. Awesome!

I wouldn’t worry about Hancock. It’s a complete mess of a movie. Can’t believe Will Smith turned down Matrix but agrees to do a film like this.

Well, I saw WALL-E again today and just wish that I could see it more often (when it comes to a local theater, I’ll be going broke, just to support it). The emotional ring that I first got with it was naturally duller, but the movie has great staying power as a fantastic film, in my eyes. I’m glad that many others seem to think so, too.

Does it really matter whether or not Wall-E takes the number one spot again? I mean, it cost like $125,000,000 to make, so as long as it surpasses that, what do we care about how much money they make (at least, until after the dust clears).