Video Games

I’ve become addicted to Oblivion again. I keep being tempted to say things like, “well met!” and “I’ve seen mudcrabs bigger than you!” to people. I’d be surprised if there’s any other game out there that is as expansive and sucks you into their world like Oblivion does.

Fallout 3. Made by the same guys who made Oblivion, too. :wink:

Disney_Guy- I’ve heard about Fallout 3, but I’m not convinced. :laughing: Might give it a shot sometime, though.

i’ve been modding my copy of GTA: San Andreas. It’s fun.

Well it is actually one of the best games of 2008.
It’s a lot like Oblivion, just different environments (Post-apocalyptic Washington D.C.) … and you use guns, or swords and clubs too, if you desire.
I have not played the game myself, but my brother has been for over a month now, and he’s absolutely obsessed with it.

I have to say that I have been recently hooked on to a Super Hero game called Marvel Ultimate Alliance, where you select a team of Marvel Super Heroes and save the world.

Brilliant Game! It’s a heck of a lot of fun playing as the silver surfer when you finally manage to unlock him.

I think my favourite level of that was the one with Skrulls and Galactus.

You may be interested to know that there’s a sequel coming out real soon…well, this year at least.

Street Fighter IV comes out today! :astonished:

I heard about that. I am more excited for the Street Fighter movie coming out next week than the actual game. I do like the classic big-3 characters: Ryu, Ken, and Chun LI.

I used to play a lot of video games, and i did go on an Oblivion run when i played that for hours a day, and GTA4 is still the best game out there…

I had a XBOX360 and a Wii, but i sold them both and got an electric guitar…

I figured its better to use my time enhancing my creativity and music ability rather than loosing my mind over a video game. :smiley:

I used to play video games a lot but I don’t so much any more, too much work to do. Also I don’t have a PS3 or XBOX360 so that limits my choice, oh well, the PS2 has awesome games and the Wii has some fun ones.

Currently I like playing Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, Final Fantasy XII and Monster Hunter. Oh I sometimes play Warcraft III to.

Right now I own a Wii, DS, PS2, and PSP, but I’m getting the most use out of the Nintendo systems. I used to play a bunch of RPGs, but lately I’ve only been playing games as a way to relax, so I’ve been playing a lot of sort bursts, like a level or two fo calssic Sonic and Mario, or a few matches of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I have been playing alot of The World Ends With You lately, trying to get all the secret reports.

I got Mario Kart Wii a couple weeks ago. The single player gets boring after awhile but the online in that game is actually really good. I haven’t unlocked all the characters yet. I was mad when I found out Capcom wasn’t releasing Resident Evil 5 for the Wii. They said that if Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles did good they’d release it for the Wii, both have sold over 1 million copies each.

You’ve got to love the WiFi for Mario Kart, even on my shoddy WiFi it’s virtually lag-free, the fact that you can play two player online is also pretty awesome.

I’d bet Wii get another exclusive Resident Evil title. There a lot of shooters coming out on Wii recently. House of the Dead: Overkill, The Conduit, and Sin and Punishment 2 much later this year.

EDIT: For any Zelda fans out there, we just got confirmation that a BRAND NEW ZELDA is coming out on DS later this year. The title is called “Spirit Tracks”, apparnetly has something to do with trains, and is in the same style as Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, so it might be another sequel. I’ll admit, I’d rather have a new Wii installment, but I’m still cool with any new Zelda.

I just got Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP and I’m very impressed with it so far. I love the RPG final fantasies but I’ve never played one of the strategy ones before, so I didn’t really know what to expect.

However after playing it for a day or so I’m completely hooked; great story, engaging environment, huge customisation of units. The only real down point is the graphics but even then they’re not exactly terrible.

If you’ve got a PSP I’d recommend this game, although be warned that it might suck up a chunk of your time…

Best game… old school Red Alert. Awesome game, with tesla coils, mammoth tanks and tanyas!

Great game, hard missions and good graphics for it’s time.

I got this game about a year ago, but I couldn’t get into it. It just seemed so slow compared to Fire Emblem. Maybe I’ll give it another shot.

Final Fantasy Tactics? Care to share what the game is about, please? :slight_smile:
I’m only used to the FFs from VII - X-2, and Crisis Core, IV and III.

And I’m the owner of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I almost beat the Emissary Sub Space, just have to defeat Tabuu. This game is really fun and has some nice graphics. My favorite character to play with is Sheik because she has so nice moves :slight_smile:

Sure I’ll elaborate.

If you’ve played Final Fantasy XII (another one of my favourites) then FInal Fantasy Tactics is set in the same world of Ivalice. However instead of being set in a psuedo-arabian society we have a pseudo-medieval european one. However it’s not your generic ‘knights and sorcery’ dross, it’s very well set out in it’s background. We have the basic tale of two dukes battling one another for control of the crown (the black and white lions, hence the title.) However neither of these is particularly good or evil they have their own motives and methods, couple this with scheming nobles, political assasinations and a corrupt church and you’ll begin to see the subtleties of the story.

The gameplay is also enjoyable, if slow, normally I’m not particularly fond of turn-based strategy but this nails it. With so many options to customise your fighting force it’s easy to find a style of play you can use. You are able to fully dictate a units battlefield role and the equipment it will use, from hard-hitting Knights to offensive black magic there are many ways to best your foe. Couple this with damage bonuses for flanking or attacking from the rear and you have to really think ahead in combat. Consider it a very complicated game of chess. It’s unlike the normal Final Fantasy gameplay in that you are capable of controlling each of your units movements as well as their abilities and are capable of moving them around on a 3D grid.

I won’t write any more as that’s kinda a wall of text but the game is certaintly worth looking into if you enjoy final fantasy. I’m not really sure how to compare it to Fire Emblem, although the combat is certaintly slower. I think Final Fantasy Tactics is superior in other aspects, such as storyline, though.

I also enjoy Smash Bros. Brawl, especially with four or more people. I tend to use Lucario or Ike, not for any particular tactical advantage, just because they look cool.