Video Games

Here’s all the games I own that I can remember: gamespot.com/users/nightwhee … e?mode=own

I got done playing Crisis Core around September, and I LOVED it. Being a fan of Final Fantasy VII, I mainly played it for the storyline, but I really enjoyed the gameplay. And yes, I almost cried at the end, too. [spoil]Zack definitely became a hero. :smiley:[/spoil]

Hello, FPS fellow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my favorite games of all time:

• Guitar Hero (all of them)
  • Bully
  • Halo 3
  • THUG2
  • Tony Hawks American Wasteland
  • Urban Chaos
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • Call of Duty 2 and 4

Bryko614: It’s great to see you have a diverse range of video games. My sister likes platformers/adventure games more that I do, so I have no opinion on most of the games on your list (but she says she loves SMB3).

But…MOTHER 3?! I thought I was the only one here that ever played it! :open_mouth: :smiley:
It’s amazing how in 2008, I watched an epic movie (WALL-E) and played an epic game (MOTHER 3).

Magypsies are the one of the most awesome/disturbing things to come from Japan…

Anyway, my friend introduced me to Portal back in 2007, and while I really liked the tone and the puzzle-solving appeal, I’m not sure I’ll do well with the FPS aspect. How prominent is this in the game?

And Civilization 4 is addicting and fun.

Oh look, a gaming section.
It would take too long to write all the computer games I play, so I think it is better to post a screenshot: (display them in a new tab)

I haven’t played a few of those for a few weeks, but otherwise…

The background was created at the WALL•E Official site by me (created 7 so far):

Yep, I’m a pretty big fan of platformers. MOTHER 3 was amazing, and thank god they made the English patch or nobody would’ve played it. The characters are so lovable, the fighting is fast-paced, and the writing is even better than in Earthbound. Though the Magypsies are very disturbing to me. :open_mouth:

Portal was pretty fun, but it was too short for me. I enjoy messing around with the Portal gun though.

That is so right :smiley:

And I got the Wii yesterday and the Wii game Chocobo Dungeon. I played that game today, it has such cute graphics and it is so adorable and I’m still at the beginning of the game.
But I still have to get used to the remote.

Whilst the game is from a first person perspective, the most combat you’ll be doing in most of the game would be using the portals to hit little machine gun turrets with a weighted cube, knocking them over. There are a few bloody bits too:

[spoil]1. When you get hit by said turrets.
2. In some levels there’s writing on the walls.[/spoil]
It’s more of a puzzle game, but there isn’t much combat. The final boss is hilarious.

Yeah, a few bloody bits, but not too violent for children, isn’t it? I find the enemies in this game rather funny. GLaDOS and the turrets are.

“The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.” - GLaDOS

“In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.” - GLaDOS

“If at first you don’t succeed, then you fail.” - GLaDOS

“Thank you for helping us help you help us all.” - GLaDOS

“Unbelievable! You, [Subject Name Here] must be the pride of [Subject Hometown Here]!” - GLaDOS

“Two plus two is f…f…f… f…10. IN BASE FOUR! I’M FINE!” - GLaDOS

Haha, I know a lot of the infamous bits about Portal (I think I memorized “Still Alive”), and bloody bits don’t scare me (unless it’s supposed to be a graphic rated-M game), but I’m really bad with first-person controllers, and I didn’t want that hindering my fun.

I really wasn’t expecting all of the “there’s some combat” comments. Is my definition of “FPS” all wrong? I mean, I was expecting some fighting in a game like this…

FP is a camera view, not a genre. Although it is common for most games in the first person perspective to be shooters, there are a few that try to do away with the violence. There’s this one game called Deus Ex, and it’s sequel is one of the least violent games that use the first person perspective. It’s possible to finish the game by killing only 3 people.

Then there’s the recent game mirror’s edge, which is a first person parkour game. In this game you only fight in self defense.

Your definition of FPS is sound, but Portal is not really much of a shooter. It’s more of a puzzle game. Your only tool is the portal gun.

My roommate traded his Xbox 360 for his friend’s Wii for a month, so I’m stuck playing Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy for the next few weeks (I haven’t played Mario for about a year, so it’ll be a nice little refresher course). :smiley: He also got Mario Party 8, a game I’ve been wanting to play for a WHILE. :mrgreen:

I’m kinda lame in that I play PC games, not video games. What can I say? I enjoy myself an adventure game with a enthralling story every now and then; they’re like interactive movies. But the truth is I just suck at regular shooter or arcade-like games. My mind and logic are better than my reflexes. :laughing:

I own both a Wii and a PS3. I also get to play the 360 a lot since my brothers own it.
In my opinion, PS3 is the best console… Hands down.
It has the best library of games that appeal to me, and it utilizes Blu-Ray technology. In a way, PS3 is not just a gaming device… But an entertainment system.
Next would be the Wii for me. While it’s not the most powerful console compared to the PS3 and 360, it at least has a decent library of games (If you were to dig through the “shovelware” and find the good stuff).
Lastly, Xbox 360 ranks last because it just sucks, imo… Least appealing lineup of games to me, too few exclusives to hold my attention. Seriously, besides a few games like Halo and Gears of War (Neither of which I like to begin with), most everything else is also on the PS3. The library is not just what brings this console down for me, but also the fact that online service costs (Compared to Wii and PS3’s free service), and 360 having HORRIBLE reliability issues.

Right now (as you can see from my siggie) I’m playing Kingdom Hearts. And King Mickey is by far my favorite character.

I own a PS2 and DS.

Well Lets have a look through the current listings of COnsoles in The Captains Ship:

PS3, DS and Wii All of which I play when I have the Opportunity or haven’t allowed my brother to take it (Wii) Away to University!

have another PS3 at my disposal (Family one) but then to use it I’d have to commandeer the main Tv for a good few hours which wouldn’t be the right thing to do in a household where the TV programming for the evening is well known and accepted!

The only non-dead consoles I have now are the Wii and my DS. I’m not familiar with many games on the XBox 360, PS3, or PSP aside from Metal Gear Solid so I went with the Nintendo consoles. Plus both have Legend of Zelda and Mario games which are my two favorite gaming franchises.

Playing games on a PC is not lame queen_of_painting, trust me. I’ve been playing games on the PC for the last 20 years - mostly sports titles so I’ve seen a lot change. Mostly what I’m playing now is Madden NFL 08 (because 09 didn’t come out for the PC this year), MVP Baseball 2005 (last in the series and thanks to MVPMods.com - updated every year), NASCAR SimRacing (Lightning McQueen as a COT at Daytona - it doesn’t get any better than that!), and Bowl Bound College Football.

Yeah, I’m a sports nut.