TS3 General Observations and Questions

[spoil]What happened to Sparks at the end of the movie? It’s obvious to assume he’s still at Sunnyside, but he wasn’t shown at all in the credits. It doesn’t help that Chunk, Twitch, Big Baby and Stretch were all shown at least twice during the credits. They even showed Bookworm. Did I just miss Sparks during the disco ball/glitter suits scene?[/spoil]

Lee Unkrich just tweeted that it is! Nice observation.
twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/18109965464

I figured a lot of people would be curious about this. Here’s what the post it note said exactly. Woody’s handwriting isn’t that bad considering it was hastily written! :stuck_out_tongue:
i32.tinypic.com/23idq1v.png

Oooh! That’s really interesting! I’d been wondering about that for ages! Thanks for sharing, Bryko!

I figured it would be that adress…I’d love to see the scene of Woody inside the box telling everyone else what’s happening and how they’re gonna be donated as a deleted scene or something…that’d be cool

Ah, so that’s what it said! I tried reading the post it note but it went by too fast. :frowning:

Nice find Bryko! Wow, Woody has pretty neat handwriting! Better than mine, anyway. :laughing:

Ken has such a large collection, there’s definately a possibility that he has some Barbie clothes.

I like how it’s been 11 years and Buzz is still painfully childishly awkward around Jessie. Pathetic much? I understand how the writers really had no choice but to overlook this, though, since they wanted to show [spoil]the relationship develop in 3[/spoil].

Agreed about the Jessie and Buzz thing.

Edit: random question, were there any moments you guys thought were kinda funny, yet few or no one else did in the theater?

example: the line where Buzz said “any doubt I had got pounded outta me at the academy”. I dont even know why, but that got a chuckle from me, but I was the only one. heh

on the reverse side, everyone seemed to laugh at the fao my schwartz line from Lotso. even after googling the term I still don’t get the meaning or reference.

Also, what is Jessie saying in that one scene where they find woody, something about a mailman? I know its a figure of speech, but its one Ive never heard.

Kyle: I think my friend and I were the only people laughing at the Chatter Telephone scene…and we were cracking up. I think we made a scene.

Jessie’s line is “Hogtie the mailman!” I did a quick Google of it and I don’t think the saying ever existed before the movie. Kind of a weird line.

[spoil]I chuckled when Rex said “And now we’re in a garbage truck on our way to the dump!” but no one else did.[/spoil] He says it so happily like there’s nothing wrong with it, haha.

Aaa! That is so cool! Thanks, Bryko - and thanks to Lee for answering that. (It struck me because, at some point in the Up extras, Bob P does this “old man” voice, and that’s what the Janitor sounded like to me.)

I laughed when [spoil]after Buzz was put back to normal, when he sniffed and said “That wasn’t me.”[/spoil] :laughing:

fao.com/home/index.jsp

Also, I personally find the whole “Nobody can hear you!” “What?” exchange between Buzz, Hamm, and Rex to be hilarious, but no one else ever seems to laugh at that.

Yeah, I know.

And they just laughed at Big Baby in the swings the first time I saw it. After that, they silent in that part (maybe I laugh a lot because I understand the parodic rhetoric they using in that scene and they think it’s just plain creepy).

Did anyone else find Buzz’s voice to be a bit more…gruff than usual, at first? He sounds like he’s matured quite a bit in this third instalment. :laughing:

“The orphans!”
cut to some troll dolls
I wanted to lol but no-one else did, so kept it in to not seem like an idiot.

Oh, I keep looking like an idiot. Specially when everybody leaves the theater and we stay until the credits end.

No one? My theater loved that part. Both times I went.

Well Tim is older, so it does make sense. Not that I mind in this case. I mean, I think Wallace shawn had a tougher time with doing Rex than the rest of the cast, (he said he had to use his higher register than he did back then for it to hold up) but in Buzz’s case it just makes him more distinguished.

While we’re on the subject of voices, there were a few times I think they use samples of Jim Varney’s slinky dog for some of his yells. Lee did say they sprinkled in old VO samples they had lying around, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this was the case.