TOY STORY OF TERROR!

The special will be scored by Michael Giacchino!

This is going to be so awesome! Can’t wait for October. I can watch this while I hand out candy.

With [spoil]Combat Carl[/spoil] showing up again, I hope this means that eventually, other toys who I loved will eventually be reunited with Woody and the gang in future shorts or TV specials, who I never wanted to see gone in the first place. I sadly kind of doubt it, though.

That’s really hilarious. I wonder how many people would never think of Combat Carl. 8D

Heck I was shocked to hear about Combat Carl, But i wonder how damnaged he is to drag himself to the motel! (or if it’s a diffrent Combat Carl then it might not be as creepy xP )

^I sure hope it’s not that Combat Carl… :open_mouth: Oh, and just thinking, I sure hope we’ll start seeing some more screencaps and footage from it really soon. After all, it’s only three more months!

Wouldn’t it be cool if they did a special with ALL the Pixar characters? You know, maybe they go on some kind of adventure inside Pixar Animation Studios.

I doubt they would do that, but I must admit I love the idea. They could play it for all the camp value.

Sorry to be a little off-topic, but Monsters University comes out on home video on Tuesday, October 29, 2013. Why this relates is because if this special premieres on TV the same day, that would be totally awesome!

I think its more likely to be put on the blu ray of Planes. Which is just evil considering I don’t want that thing near my collection.

Oh Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll No! :imp: I hope Pixar won’t let Disney do such a thing! that’s just Pure Evil!

Heyyyy let’s not start hating on Planes… :angry: I for one am giving it a chance! Ahem sorry. But it’s cool that TST and MU are coming around the same time! Hehehee this October belongs to Pixar!! :mrgreen:

Oh and to see what the DisneyStore has in stock! Halloween Themed Toy Story toys me hopes!

I didn’t mean I think the special will be on the Blu-Ray of Monsters University, I just think it’s highly possible that it might actually be released on the same day, which would be very cool.

And yes, I agree with you ObsessedWithPixar. The more I see, the better Planes looks. The clips and TV spots. I think it will be good, in all honesty. I’ll be seeing it next week (and I’m going to have a Cars/Tinker Bell marathon leading up to it!)

Ehh, agreed to disagree. I could get into it but don’t want to derail things further.

Another possibility for a home release could be to release a toy story toons compilation, with toy Story of terror being the main draw, and the rest of the Toy Story Toons so far sprinkled in. I just wonder if they would have enough to justify it. A compilation would include

Hawaiian Vacation
Small Fry
Partysaurus Rex
Mythic Rock
and Toy Story of Terror. I guess that’s not bad, especially if they pad things out with making ofs and commentaries, but if they do this I kinda hope they hold off until the second half hour special releases next year. It would make for a more complete package.

Possibly. Pixar won’t put it with Planes though because that’s Disney Toon Studios.

I think it could be paired up with the second Toy Story TV special that’s supposed to come out, like the Prep and Landing TV specials. Also, since “Hawaiian Vacation” and “Small Fry” are already on Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 2, I think “Partysaurus Rex” and the future ones might be placed on the next edition, since there are only three and two have been in collections. Unless they make a lot more in a short amount of time as the Cars Toon “Mater’s Tall Tales” series did, but true, that is a possibility.

Perhaps some bonus shorts in the two-special package would be nice, such as “Mythic Rock” and the untitled one, like they did with “Moon Mater” and “Mater Private Eye”.

which toon is mythic rock?

Don’t worry mintinthebox, you haven’t missed it. It’s supposedly the fourth or maybe fifth Toy Story Toon, but it hasn’t come out yet. Nobody knows what it’s about yet, at least I don’t think anyone knows, or which movie it might premiere with.

ok. whew. i tought it came out with brave or one i didnt see.

“Mythic Rock”… sounds intriguing for a new TS Toon! :slight_smile: Oh, how I wish I were going to the D23 convention so I could learn more about the special…