Toy Story 20th Anniversary: News and Speculation

Dang, i now wish i hadn’t spent all my cash on electronics repairs. (the GBC is getting old… :frowning: ) also, pixardude, the job market REALLY sucks right now. most places won’t hire younger people.

Holy crap that accurate face. Is he being held up by something in that picture, or is he actually poseable? Like, does he have a stiff skeleton under the fabric? Because that would be insane.

He’s being held up by something (you can see the stand right there by the leg) but yes, he does have an inner skeleton. Its what makes his overall shape that much more sturdy and accurate looking.

The artwork for the Legacy Collection soundtrack is revealed on the Disney Movie Rewards website!

disneymovierewards.go.com/el … page=1&q=w

It’s stated that he is held up by armature. The same exoskeleton used in the Jack Skellington figure.

Minor news but Thinkway’s website only added the 20th Anniversary logos to their pre-existing toys. Not that I expected much at this point.

I was browsing the internet to see if I could find anything else coming out for the 20th anniversary and I stumbled upon these. Has anyone else seen these before? It looks like one is a Janie Doll.

Here is the link, you may have to translate the page
[url]http://ameblo.jp/tsgc-hp/entry-11999811142.html[/url]

I’ve seen that site before. Unless there is word for release in the West, it might be Japan only.

Hi All. I had stumbled across this item online

e.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/shop/ite … id=1713814

I can’t read Japanese, but would this happen to be endorsed by Disney/Pixar? And what are the likelihood of this coming to North America?

^ Those were the plushes hockey101 were referring to. I’ve seen some sold on eBay and they look authientic. Maybe a Disney Store release is in the near future?

Edit: Took a second glance and it looks like they are different lines of plushes.

What would I find them listed as? and is this on the eBay U.S. site? I really want the Slinky Dog one because my mom’s favorite character is Slinky.

There’s a seller on eBay that ships from Japan that has some of them listed as Takara Tomy A R T s plush. However, the seller I found them under didn’t have the slinky dog or Janie they had most of the others available for preorder.

Some new stuff from Thinkway… at least something…

and I think this is form the old TS1/2 toy…

Why is it so hard to make an RC, replica or not that controls the way an radio control car should?

Mostly, because the company is Canadian, I think that might be what the problem is mostly aboot, eh?
lol jk.

Well the Toy Story Collection RC was close, but still fell short.

Pre-Orders for the Legacy CD are up.
[url]Amazon.com

Anyone have any ideas for Toy Story’s presence at D23?

Here yo can find the track listing for soundtrack. And yes, the Pizza Planet truck music we’ve been waiting 20 years for is finally released!

pixarpost.com/2015/06/the-le … .html#more

yeah, TSSC RC was close but no cigar. THX OBAMBA! :slight_smile:

Nothing new/directly related to Toy Story but I’ll make this quick.

We all know about the (disappointing) 20th Anniversary figures coming from Thinkway Toys.

Oddly, there wasn’t a specific one for Jessie but that isn’t a loss at all.

Now for the more interesting news, Disney Consumer Products is going to have an event at D23 that showcases some Pixar merchandise.

Source: [url]http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-d23-expo-disney-consumer-products-details-pavilions-presentations-75572/[/url]

Ignoring the Cars app, there might be a few Toy Story merchandise shown at the event. While I’m not going to expect something interesting like Medicom’s Ultimate Woody, it does provide a sliver of hope for some new figures.

New stuff from Mattel… :unamused: