Toy Story 20th Anniversary: News and Speculation

Not surprised that Toy Fair 2015 lacked Toy Story merchandise but all I could find was:
A re-release of the “Buddy Packs” from Mattel.

Source: [url]http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2015/02/toy-fair-2015-mattel-preview-with-star.html[/url]
EDIT: I found a video of the toys. They’re the same ones from 2009/2010
[url]New Disney Mattel toys at Toy Fair 2015 - Mickey and Minnie, Toy Story, Cars, Planes - YouTube

And this 1995 playset being sold by Urban Outfitters:

This is definitely not Toy Story’s year for toys.

UGGGH! Is this really all we’re getting? Really? I’m so mad at Thinkway right now. It’s obvious that they don’t care about what their customers want. I still need TSC Rex and everyone else wants Trixie and Stinky Pete, and yet they still don’t make them. They could be making lots of money just from those three alone since a lot of us can’t afford spending hundreds of dollars on just one toy. I’m just soo furious right now.

You have to understand, Thinkway is merely the manufacturer of some of the toys. They only create the toys Disney Consumer Products orders. If anyone should take the blame, it should be DCP for their marketing strategy. They view Woody, Buzz, and Jessie as there most reliable sellers and seldom produce full-sized toys outside of those three.

I think we all have to accept that we’re pretty much in the minority in terms of marketing priority. There aren’t many Toy Story collectors out there compared to Marvel or Star Wars toy collectors. On top of that, Frozen toys are outselling Toy Story toys and are in much higher demand. Even though there are some of us creating petitions, sending e-mails, etc, our small collector’s-base is very profitable.

I might come off as a broken record here but the only way DCP is going to order other toys is if we utilize a variety of sources to express our dissatisfaction. Using the backlash from Disney Store’s lack of Leia merchandise as an example, Disney will listen to the demands and promise to appease their consumers. I think a good place to start would be inquiry questions sent out to DCP, Thinkway, and retailers like Toys R Us. Cite the lack of variety in full-scale figures or the lack of new toys at the recent toy fair as a concern.

Even though we might never be heard and have fewer users active, I think that this might be our only method of communication rather than sitting and complaining.

I’m sorry about all this complaining. I should have some hopes for this year. At least there’s a soundtrack to look forward to. And who knows, we might even get a new Blu-Ray set as well.

I’d like another theatrical run. I missed the 3-D double feature a few years back, and now they can make it a triple feature.

They could even show the Toy Story Toons during the intermissions.

^Oh, that too. I’d go see that in a heartbeat

Argh! Bad news guys!
[url]http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-release-calendar-updated-74528/[/url]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was soo looking forward to buying the soundtrack this month. Dadgum it!

B.S.
m so right abut disney not caring anymoree.

Kind of old news but Pixar had a panel at SXSW for Toy Story’s 20th. You can read more about it here:
[url]http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8229891/sxsw-2015-toy-story-pixar-making-of-20th-anniversary[/url]

Pure awesome:

gizmodo.com.au/2015/04/heres … u-can-buy/

Kick ass find! Looking at the pictures, it looks highly accurate to the film. I love how they included Andy’s stitching on his right arm along with “ANDY” under the boot.
[url]http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/list/10070.html[/url]
Looking at the price, it will most likely cost $380 just for the figure. But knowing Medicom, this isn’t out of the ordinary for them. At least its December release will give me enough time to save up for him.

Don’t let the doll appearance of Woody fool you, he’s looks just as pose able as the Medicom Jack Skellington figure. The inclusion of additional facial expressions is definitely a plus. Similar to the Revoltech Woody, he has interchangeable hands and heads and his eyes are able to be moved.

The obvious question needs to be asked: Where’s Buzz Lightyear? 8D
But seriously, I doubt they will only release Woody without Buzz.

That is awesome! I’d kill to have that. Sadly, I’m too young to have a job and I just got a $400 Lego Death Star last Christmas so I’m not sure if I can get it. I’m waiting to see if they’re making a Buzz figure and if they are, I will most likely save up for him as I’ve always loved sci-fi stuff.

That is literally one of the best things I’ve seen…This actually made my day a lot better.

This one looks fantastic. Is he to scale I wonder?

My only real nitpick is the removable parts forcing it to have seams. Aside from that I almost want to say it has Thinkway’s beat. Which kinda saddens me since he’s so friggin expensive.

Edit: just checked, he is the proper scale. If my financial situation ever improves I’ll have to get me one. But that wont be any time soon. Maybe with any luck I’ll be able to get one by the time Toy Story 4 releases. Or maybe we’ll have a more affordable alternative in the meantime.

Anyone know if he has a functional pull string? Not that I even care whether or not he talks, I’m just curious.

I did some snooping around the Sideshow forums and found a website where the Woody costs $318! While expensive, it’s already cheaper than Medicom’s price. The site charges before shipping, though:
[url]http://www.anime-export.com/product/25261[/url]

Good question. I cannot find any place that states that the string can be pulled. The way the string is placed in the figure, however, suggests it might have a small function. It could just be their for display.

No I don’t think he will, I’m certain that he’s just very posable.

I have big ideas for this line that I hope they would be made… a Screen Accurate Bo Peep with Wheezy, Bud LightBeer, err, Buzz lightyear, Stinky Pete, and so many more, but it would cost a lot, sadly :frowning:

Well, by Pixar’s standards, it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility to fully recreate the Woody from the films. And while it’s been 20 years, Medicom has stepped up to the plate. Expensive, yes, but it’s understandably a lot put into the designing and manufacturing of such a replica. Taking the price into account, I do hope the pull-string is functional (not holding my breath for a working phonograph mechanism).

Honestly, they might have even gone a step above what’s necessary with the interchangeable heads. I mean, taking the price into account, you’re paying for 2 extra heads, when the collectors looking for this are mainly interested in one (thank God a company finally made Woody’s original face).

A Buzz is also totally possible. Might even be easier without the cloth components. Last I checked, Disney came closest in making their replica. Medicom hasn’t included the extra child safety precautions from the TSC Woody, so it’s entirely possible to see a more functional Buzz. Fold-out wings, karate-chop action, and “whoosh thing” helmet haven’t all been in the same place before. We believe in you, Medicom.

20th Anniversary news not related to the Medicom Woody. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Toy Story Legacy Collection CD is being released July 7th, 2015.
[url]http://thelegacycollection.myplaydirect.com/[/url]

Your idea reminds me of the Hot Toys Star Wars and Marvel Heroes lines (accurate and expensive). Aside from Buzz, I doubt Medicom might make this become a full line with other characters. Even Jessie might be stretching it but only time will tell.

However,I hope I’m wrong and Medicom decides to release the Roundup Gang, Combat Carl, and a few other niche characters. 8D