The Videogame?

I have the PS3 video game, and I like it lot - the graphics are good, it’s true to the film, and the tasks are varied and, I think, fun. One caveat, though: I am a very novice video game player. I like fairly simple, easy games (as a point of reference for anyone who’s played it, I’m a big fan of the “Ratatouille” game for Wii), I put more stock in the Pixar/movie-relatedness than gameplay.

Im just about to go find the rom of the Ds version to see if i like it if i do then im gonna go and buy it.

Just reading a review of the PS3 version, and this bit made me laugh-

“The multiplayer mode is only good for a quick taste before it loses its appeal. There is just something unsettling about taking part in a deathmatch with four happy Wall-Es wheeling around with laser guns.”

:laughing:

okay update people the ds game is hard i couldnt get past level2 :frowning:

That make me laugh!

lol that made me laugh too walle and btw nice av!

I just downloaded the ds version of wall-e to play on my r4ds
and it wont work so iv had to update my r4’s software and its
taking forever so i thaught to my self what can i do untill i can
play my wall-e gam…hummmmm…i know lets talk about
Wall-e lol.

EDIT:

Wooo i finaly got it working…noooooo its olny in french/german/italian.
why did i allways skive french at school.

I tried the DS version of the game from my Wii and didn’t like it much. I’m guessing the Wii version is much better…

we just got the wii version yesterday for my brothers birthday;

review-

Negatives-
intense music makes me tensen up causing errors
walle moves just slightly to fast when you control him
one section (when walle and eve are stuck fleeing the dust storm) was rather difficult to understand without guessing

Positives-
Graphics were pretty good for a wii
its walle for pete sake
eve is awesome-great graphics and shooting
the levels are fun and entertaining
very easy to control

This is only from 1;45 minutes of experience so its rather hazz

I have the Wall-E PC game, and I must say, I am about ready to shoot myself in the face! It’s so hard! You can’t go up a ramp without falling or dying or falling to your death, and then you have to start all over again. I don’t know if it’s easier for the other versions, but it’s impossible to get Wall-E to do what it is you want him to do. You want him to go straight and he falls off a cliff instead. It’s really frustrating. And when you’re being attacked by who knows what, at the same time, forget it.

As for the music, yeah, I don’t like it. So I just turn it off and play the movie soundtrack in the background instead.

i agree with you le-chocolate
the music is terrible…playing with it is a pain.
and the keyboard arrows would cause confusion.

PS2 verson here:

Meh… I suppose It’s OK but It doesn;t stay true tot he movie, and If you fall off course EVE waits for you, scanning the air!

how do you stop the reel from spinning? when you have to charge the laser…from the first level…

press circle/square, I can’t remember.

I did manage to beat the main levels in the DS game of Wall-E. Took awhile and some work over a couple days on my vacation in July. However, now that the game is over, I haven’t really gone back to it. It doesn’t have the repeat value like Tetris DS, or even WiiSports (that game I find my way back to every 2-3 months).

I’ve got the DS version; it’s more of a puzzle game than the console version (the Wii one, anyway; though I haven’t played it, it was more poorly reviewed on IGN than the DS one). I’m usually pretty wary of videogames based on movies, as they’re usually pretty shallow; however if they work on any type of system, it’s usually the portable ones more often than not.

i’m sure you will enjoy the game AtomicGreymon.
It is very entertaining with all its puzzles and problems.

sorry… my bad… i meant the pc version of it… i cant get pass the tutorials LOL! can someone help with this? nvm, i’ve just read some faqs about the pc version and that’s pretty much it! thnx for the reply! though “the reel wont stop” after pressing the jump key. neh time to move on! LOL! xiao!

The vast majority of you liked the movie, but trying to decide whether to get this game has been very difficult. There are so many different platforms and your opinions vary wildly. Only a few recurrent themes shine thru: the music is generally bad, poor replayability and too easy. But even these aren’t universal. Some found the game too hard, others had very poor cursor control, like Le_Chocolat, and I wonder if he was using some sort of pc with arrow keys and not a real controller.

I don’t have any of these platforms immediately available to me. I found a PS2 at Best Buy for $100 and the game is 10 bucks there too, reduced, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it to buy, even for just 5-10 hours of entertainment. Will I have to buy expensive controllers and rechargers, etc… on top of the PS2? I saw the game at Fry’s Electronics for 20 bucks and it was PSP, whatever that is, is it better than PS3? There was an Up game right next to it. I doubt that I will pay $300 for a console I won’t use again. And by the way, if I buy a PS2 console, do I still have to hook it up to a PC? My pc is a very old pentium, on which I play zero games. I haven’t bought a console since the days of Colecovision and Sega, so I’m nearly completely ignorant as to which will work best. Can you just rent a Playstation? Where would you go, like to Rent-A-Center? Or to Gamestop? If I could rent it for $15-20 for a single week, that would be ideal.

They told me at Fry’s that a PS2 game won’t play on a PS3, hmm.

DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver- Don’t quote me on this, as it’s been a long time since I’ve used a PS2 game on my PS3, but I’m sure there’s some sort of compatibility thingy that you can download to make a game work on the PS3. I don’t think this is possible with all games though, so it might not work with the WALL-E game, but it’s worth finding out nevertheless.