The Pixar Planet Trading Post

Ok, thanks for letting me share your thread, Mitch. I’ll get around to PMing you with the details of my method of giving away free Pixar stuff here soon. =)

Hannahmation - blushes Heheh. Well, I’ll think about it… :wink:

Yeah, for some reason it rubbed off on me that you were suggesting that I send in originals. Oh well. No worries!

Netbug009 - Thanks! I’m glad that you like the idea. :smiley:

Rachel - You’re most welcome. Feel free to send me the details whenever you’re ready. Take your time. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Update #1: The trading center has received an update!! Three new books are now available to order: Up: Spirit of Adventure, Up Coloring Book: Wild Life, and WALL•E: Love at First Beep. I recently purchased these at a local Barnes & Noble book store in my area, so they are completely new and untarnished. Get 'em while they’re hot!

Update #2: I have recently nullified the requirement stating that anyone who orders an item must send something to me in return. You now DO NOT have to send me something in return!!

I figured that it was pointless to have someone trade their items with me, since I clearly stated in the official trading post center that you guys don’t owe me a cent when ordering these things. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also keep in mind that the post count has been raised for some items.

– Mitch

Oooooh, that Spirit of Adventure book sure looks good! (Does it have any spoilers?)

Rachel - The Spirit of Adventure book does, indeed, have major spoilers. (I labeled all of the Up books as merchandise that contains spoiler content.) I bought another copy of that particular paperback for myself, read half of it, and now know a good portion of the film… unfortunately. I think I may even know how part of the movie ends from “accidentally” glancing at the last drawing in the book. Believe me, though, the dang thing is excellent. You’re gonna love the movie…

To anyone who is wondering, all of the hand-drawn sketches in the Spirit of Adventure book are black and white. I think they’re rendered quite beautifully, though.

– Mitch

Update: Two new items have now been added to the trading post: The World of Cars: The Rookie comic and The Incredibles (first edition) comic!!

– Mitch

I’m not going to order the TI comic Mitch as I already won one (four of them, each with a different cover page), but to anyone who is thinking about ordering the TI Comic from Mitch, let me say that it is a very great issue. Mark Waid, the writer, stays true to the characters and the story seems really good.

Wow…just found this thread, so you have to have a certain amount of posts or see the movie a certain amount of times? how do you know the person lying about the movie count? Anywho, looks interesting, as soon as I make more posts I’ll definitely check this out :smiley:

The Star Swordsman - Ha-ha. Yeah, I knew that you already had at least one of those comics. So you won the whole set? Awesome. :wink:

woody - Thank you! I’m glad you find it interesting. :smiley:

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, you have to have a set post count and/or have seen the qualifying Pixar film a certain number of times to purchase any of the items on display.

2) I just have to trust that that individual is telling the truth. :wink:

– Mitch

thanks Mitch! Do pre-showings of Up count?

woody - You’re welcome! And, yes, pre-showings of Up do count. :wink:

– Mitch

this is really cool and it gives me another reason to absolutly love this website

I’ll have to follow this thread

Very interesting, indeed.

What a great idea, Mitch!

thewisecookiesheet:
i know what you want from here. lol

(yay! now im shark bait!)

I just received my gift and it’s fantastic! Thank you Mitch. :slight_smile:

Now I need to go and show Cheez all of the lovely artwork…

disneydutchess and thewisecookiesheet - Thank you very much!

Mygames19 - You’re most welcome! I’m glad you’re pleased with your order. :smiley:

To all who have ordered a product: Thank you very much for your interest in the Pixar Planet Trading Post!!

– Mitch

Must be 16? Drat. I’m turning 14 next week. And I really want the Cars comic!!! I’ve been wanting it since I’ve heard about it!!! Plus, I’ve seen Cars over 200 times!!! I for sure qualify to get it!!! But I’m too young! :cry:

LightningAndDoc - The Cars comic has already been claimed and sent on to the claimant, so I no longer have any more of that particular item available. However, I may be able to make an exception and order another copy of it especially for you. Another option that you have is to request the Cars pin in the Trading Post, which is still available. It may take some time for me to order the comic, but the pin is one that I would be able to send on to you right away.

If you really want one or the other item, I suggest that you ask your parents if it would be all right if you send me a private message detailing your contact information so as I may send one of those items on to you. If you receive permission to do so, then I’ll make an exception; otherwise, I’ll have to decline your request.

My apologies, LightningAndDoc. I understand your frustration, but rules are rules. That doesn’t mean that I won’t make a rare exception, though. Simply ask your parents about it first. :slight_smile:

– Mitch

I got the Rookie yesterday! It’s awesome! Thank you! 8D

Oh, it would have helped if it said it was taken. I’m pretty sure my parents would allow it (for one, I get it for free!). But since it’s already taken, I don’t want you to have to go out of your way just to get another copy for me. That’s just a little much. I’m not that special! Even though that would make for a good b-day present. :slight_smile: But really, you don’t have to get it for me. I mean, it would be nice, but I’ll probably wind up getting it from my parents anyways. But the pin. . . I’ll see if I can. I’ll wear that thing as if it was pinned onto my body! :laughing: