The Art of little_chef (and her sis)

Like Linguini? :laughing:

Ohh, so heā€™s Linaā€™s half-brother! Well, when you post up your drawings of Lina Iā€™ll have to pin-point the similarities.

Really? How neat! And, yeah, itā€™s the ears, hair, and facial expressions that do it. :wink:

I await your sisterā€™s sketches! :smiley:

ā€“ Mitch

Yeah, I was talking about Travis W. Hans has that energetic personality that Travis had. :slight_smile: Well, not that energetic, but close enough.

Okay, now time for some of my sisterā€™s sketches! :smiley: (She is currently working on an amazing and intricately-detailed drawing of AUTO at the moment - and you can be sure that once itā€™s finished, Iā€™m going to be posting it! :wink:)

(Note: her sketches of Russell and Dug were done without any reference, I believe. Not bad for no reference, Iā€™d say! :wink:)

I donā€™t know whatā€™s up with her. She has this weird fascination with AUTO and drawing him at random, difficult angles. Itā€™s pretty neat, though. :stuck_out_tongue: I think theyā€™re amazing! :smiley:

little chef

Your sister has got some art talent in her. I love the UP and Auto pictures.

red - The Russell and Dug sketches are so cute! Your sister drew them without references? Not bad! How old is she, if I may ask?

I look forward to seeing her AUTO drawing. It sounds awesomeā€¦

She should talk to my sister. :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€“ Mitch

Mitch: Oh my sis just turned fifteen. :wink: I donā€™t think sheā€™d mind if I told you thatā€¦

All four of us were born almost exactly 2 years apart, so whenever it is an odd year, we have odd ages. For instance, it is 2009 so this year Iā€™ll be 17. :stuck_out_tongue: butā€¦ yeah!

Haha - your sis has a weird ā€œobsessionā€ with AUTO as well? Thatā€™s too funny! I find him to be a pretty intriguing character, and I enjoy writing about himā€¦ but Iā€™ve yet to draw him. :unamused: But Iā€™m telling youā€¦ this next one my sis is dishing out is over-the-top with the attention to detail. Itā€™s literally mind-blowing. (Okay, Iā€™m bragging a bit hereā€¦ :laughing: I love like, everything she does. :slight_smile: )

little chef

Your sister is really good at sketching, red! Russell and Dug look so sweet in that second one, and sheā€™s managed to draw Auto at an awkward angle really well. The shading that she does helps too, as it really gives him a lot of depth.

Your sister has some well-drawn pictures right there! I love how AUTO looks from that certain angle , and theyā€™re amazing for no refererences.

red - Well, for fifteenā€¦ sheā€™s pretty dang talented. :wink:

You were all born two years apart? My sisters and I were all born three years apart! Thereā€™s a yearā€™s difference, but stillā€¦ This is weird, manā€¦

Yeah, she loves AUTO and has drawn him a few times before. Like I said, she and your sister should get together sometime. (snigger)
You should take a crack at drawing the dude! :wink:

I canā€™t wait to see your sisterā€™s finished AUTO composition! :smiley:

ā€“ Mitch

I especially like the AUTO one! That seems like it would be a hard angle to draw AUTO fromā€¦

lizardgirl: We are suckers for shadingā€¦ only select few pictures we draw get by without it, because we feel the same way: shading gives so much more depth and life to a picture. She appreciates your comments!

BDD: Actually, the only two she didnā€™t use reference for were the one of Russell and the one of both Dug and Russell. She, obviously, had to use some kind of reference to draw such an awkward angle of AUTO! :stuck_out_tongue: She says ā€˜thanksā€™ to you as well!

Mitch: Iā€™ll post her newest drawing of AUTO here soon; 'cuz Iā€™ve been procrastinating on it a bitā€¦ :blush: (She keeps bugging me about it, too. I just hate uploading from Photobucketā€¦! :angry:) Iā€™m sure sheā€™s flattered by the comment you made about her being fifteen and still wicked talented. (blushes for her)

And me drawing AUTOā€¦? Hmm, well, maybe after Iā€™m finished the Splats. :stuck_out_tongue: (a.k.a. the Rejectsā€¦ they call themselves the ā€œSplatsā€ because whenever Vin meets one of them, he assigns them a certain color and gives 'em a good splat with it! :laughing: Okay, a bit originalā€¦ but oh wellā€¦ :unamused:)

lennonluvr9: Yeah, thatā€™s quite the angle, isnā€™t it?! The one sheā€™s finished drawing is a pretty spectacular angle as well. Unlike me, sheā€™s always up for some kind of huge drawing challengeā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

My sister has been bugging me about starting a non-Pixar art thread, but Iā€™ve been wondering if I should get a deviantArt account to house these pictures instead. Is there any real advantage to getting a Deviant account? Deviant users, help me out here. Iā€™ve been hesitating about this for a while: what do you guys think?

Also, I have some new sketches Iā€™m going to post up here soon - and ā€œsoonā€ is whenever I can kick myself into uploading those pics into Photobucketā€¦ sigh

little chef

red - Donā€™t worry about it. Procrastination is an artistā€™s alter ego or something. I do it all the time. Either way, I look forward to viewing your upcoming artwork!

I love the nickname that you gave to the group of reject robots: The ā€œSplatsā€! Thatā€™s great! Seriously, I really love it. :smiley:

This is strictly my personal opinion, but to that I say, ā€œGet itā€. Itā€™s much easier to compile all of your artwork into a single folder (or folders) on deviantArt, plus, you gain a better chance of receiving critique on your artwork. (Thereā€™s actually a special ā€œCritiqueā€ feature available to subscribed members.) You can comment on each individual composition that you post up, write journals if you wish, create polls, upload poetry and prose, engage in forum discussions (which Iā€™ve never done, but is probably beneficial in some ways), talk with professional artists (Chris Sanders is a member of deviantArt, although he hasnā€™t updated his page for some time, I believe), browse othersā€™ artwork/tutorials/writings, and more. Personally, I love it.

ā€“ Mitch

Mitch: Well Iā€™m glad you like the nicknameā€¦ it just sounds likeā€¦ them. :laughing: I love those guys way too much, seriouslyā€¦ it was probably just as unhealthy to get as attached to them as you are attached to Russellā€¦! LOL

With that said, I took your advice and opened a deviantArt account this morning! Yay meā€¦! My user name is VinDeamer after Vin, of courseā€¦ (I went through my list of the names of the Splats and gave them last names based on different Pixarians who worked on the Art of WALLā€¢E. Vin is named after Jason Deamer, who did a lot of art in that book. :slight_smile:)

I currently do not have any pictures there, but I will be in the process of putting some in soon. However, Iā€™ll give you the link right now so youā€™ll have it when you want to check it out later. :wink:

[url]http://vindeamer.deviantart.com/[/url]

This link is also accessable under my profile. :smiley:

Will upload the pics to PP soon. I have to do the tedious work of resizing first, thoughā€¦ eww. :angry: But I promise you, you will be seeing the artwork Iā€™ve been talking about soon enough! :smiley:

little chef

red - Youā€™re welcome! Obsessions arenā€™t always unhealthy. Weā€™re drawing more because of it in this case. Heheh. :wink:

Awesome! I added you to my deviantArt ā€œwatchā€ list and look forward to viewing your artwork on the site in question!

Ha! Now thatā€™s a clever way to do it. I never thought of that.

Thanks for the link, and keep up the good work! :smiley:

ā€“ Mitch

Wow, your sister shares a lot of your artistic sensibilties! But yet sheā€™s unique in her own way! (Am I making sense? Laugh out loud!)
I like her sketches of Russell and Dug. Just a minor nitpick, the actual quote is ā€œI would be happy if you stopped.ā€
The AUTO side-profile is really intricate! Great job, I canā€™t wait to see her final piece!
Good on you for setting up a DeviantArt account! Coincidentally, Iā€™m making my own DeviantArt opening art premiere tentatively this weekend! Itā€™ll be a piece Iā€™ve been working on since last week. I actually set up my account last year, but have not posted anything to it so far. Seeing itā€™s my final year, itā€™s now or never to get a little peer critiques, something I should have done a looong time ago. :frowning: Oh well, better late than never!
I canā€™t wait to ā€œMeet the Splats!ā€ :smiley:

Mitch: Iā€™ve probably already said something similar on dA, but thank you for the watch! I greatly appreciate it; and thank you also for favoriting a bit of my work. It truly makes the artistā€™s heart soar to know her work is being loved by people. <3

TDIT: About your ā€œnitpickā€: as I mentioned, she drew the picture of Russell and Dug without any reference; and after having seen the trailer only a max of 5 times, she had simply forgotten the correct wording of the quote. :wink:

Itā€™s interesting you note that my sister ā€œshares a lot of [my] artistic sensibilitiesā€, because weā€™ve been talking about our style of drawing recently. We were saying how itā€™s so hard to pick out our own ā€œstyleā€ from observing our art, but I told her how her ā€œstyleā€ really comes through in hers. For me, I canā€™t really say the sameā€¦ I feel like Iā€™m always fluctuatingā€¦ :laughing:

Anyhowā€¦

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve updated this stinkinā€™ threadā€¦ since Iā€™ve been moving a lot over to dA. With that being said, here are some new pieces by my sister and I. Hope you enjoy!

An anatomy sketch of Alfredo (and hand practice sketch)

My sisterā€™s long-awaited AUTO drawing! :smiley: [size=84](like, itā€™s amazing, so like, seriously check it out. Do it. Do itā€¦!)[/size]
My latest humanized WALLā€¢E attempt

Please feel free to browse my dA gallery - Iā€™ve put up a couple random pieces that are older and that I probably have not posted here, if youā€™re interested in looking at those. :wink: Some colored artwork is in there, too. (Itā€™s not the best, thoughā€¦ I frankly suck at digital painting as of nowā€¦ :blush:)

Have fun; and I hope you enjoy!

little chef

P.S.: If, for any reason, the links do not seem to work, please let me know and I will post the actual images on this here site via Photobucket. Thanks a lot! ~

Splendid, aboslutely marvelous! I like how neat and clear you made the facial expression and position of Alfredo- it is sooo like him. And for your sisterā€™s AUTO sketch, you said it was amazing, so I got prepared for amazingā€¦and it indeed wowed me. And your humanized WALL-E is really cuteā€¦he looks a little younger than I expected, but I guess thatā€™s what makes him so cuteā€¦he is as playful and curious as a child. :smiley:

The Alfredo was very well done, it looked just like him! And tell yer sis Auto looked very good too!

No problem! With the talent you guys harness, you deserve the ā€œwatchā€. :wink:

ā€“ Mitch

Some new art, my friends! :smiley:

A Remy sketch I did (gift for Mitch :wink:)

My Motherā€™s Day drawing of baby Horst

Hans and Lina

My first color attempt at Hans

Hope you all enjoy. Like Iā€™ve said before, you have full permission to browse through my gallery, 'cuz thereā€™s art in there that my sister did that is non-Pixar, and Iā€™m sure sheā€™d love your comments (on dA, of course :wink:). I will get around to making a non-Pixar art thread one of these daysā€¦ I promiseā€¦!

little chef