Syndrome

Careful A113. THat is a lot of smileys. That can be considered spamming. Just a warning to watch it.

TSS: Yes, but I just couldn’t express it in words. XD Thanks, man. :wink:

You are welcome!

I actally have a Fan Made character that is a sidekick for Syndrome. Her name is Synical.

She’s the Anti-Incredible version of Elastigirl, but don’t worry, she’s GOOD.

PixarPixie: First off, welcome back! I haven’t seen you in a while.

Second, I think that was a clever idea of you for Syndrome’s sidekick.

I like all the characters, he, like myself, is so smart he gives people headaches, he is a beast. The end.

He’s a top disney villian too. He’s a unique villain because he kills heroes to become a hero. Ironic isn’t it?

Why yes, it is!!

just wondering? how old is syndrome? he looks like a teenager to me

This is my mental image. In the golden days, right during the wedding scene, Bob and Helen are 25, and Buddy Pine,(sorry, syndrome), is 10. So now, 15 years later, The I-dad and I-mom are 40, and Syndrome is 25. BTW, TSS, I love your video, even if your friend made it. I love all the Pixar characters, and you guys should do a boy version!

In the movie, Syndrome says he got money by selling his gadgets and stuff, but who would need them?

Syndrome is very unique character being that he has no powers. His idol after Mr. Incredible must’ve been Batman!

He said that he got rich by inventing weapons. I bet some military companies or other countries would be intrested in his inventions.

Syndrome is an interesting character, a perfect example of a villian that was created accidently by the hero if you will. It was because of how he was treated as a child that motivated him to become a villian and truly vilians like that are the most dangerous type. The only thing that bugs me is that when people talk about him, besides calling him Syndrome, they also call him Buddy. aggravated sigh The last time I checked The Incredibles, that was one correction he kept making by repeatedly saying that his name was NOT Buddy. I can understand where he is coming from, being called a name that is clearly not yours, I had to deal with that in school alot when some teachers would use a shorter version of my name, how annoying that was.

Princess_Darkness- I always thought Buddy was his real name, and that the reason Syndrome didn’t like being called Buddy was because of its connotations with his past and how ‘weak’ it makes him sound in comparison to a name like ‘Syndrome’. Unless ‘Buddy’ is a contracted version of another name? I’m not sure, I have to admit I’d never heard of anyone being called Buddy until I watched The Incredibles. :laughing:

Buddy WAS his real name; Syndrome was one he made up to try to sound like a Super. Buddy is usually either a nickname, or, when a real, actual, says-so-on-the-birth-certificate name, is often associated with low-income folks from the rural South, which might be another valid reason for him wanting to ditch that name. It’s hard to be a player in international weapons dealing when everyone thinks you’re a hick.

pitbulllady

I must admit to not being that keen on Syndrome- he’s actually one of the least sympathetic of the Pixar’s line of antagonists. I know- everyone SAYS he’s one of the most sympathetic, just because we see him as a kid, and while I DO feel some pity for him (more than Waternoose anyway and some others), at times however it’s really HARD to do so.

He does give lower-middle class vibes to me, so clearly he probably fought tooth and nail to get that far in the arms industry at such a young age, so he’s got dedication, brains…

A terrible temper and a horrendous lack of maturity too- he has next to no self control at ALL. Even most of the other antagonists did on SOME level have some self control- or have extenuating circumstances (Hopper excluded? It’s been a while though since I’ve seen that movie). I think the fact that Buddy was the one in charge- with money and what not makes it a lot harder for me to symathsise with him as supossed to say Randall from M.I. but let’s not go into that here.

But yeah- I guess though, perhaps no matter how high you get up, there might always be that little piece of you which feels like a stupid kid, with someone trying to look down on you. Bet people in the business did that before he rose himself up. He did work hard at it too, albeit it, in a pretty terrible field of business.

I have trouble reading fanfic in general on the guy sometimes- people keep on trying to make him… ‘suave’…

Buddy is not that suave. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice point, mentalguru. I like him, but I really couldn’t feel bad for him after he tried to kill Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl. :cry:

Can I ask ya a question? Did you like that he was so evil that you cheered when he met his downfall?

The question isn’t directly said to me, but I’ll answer anyway in my own way- nah I didn’t really cheer during his downfall precisely though I did want it- but I wasn’t keen on what we got- since he died, I thought it was kind of sad really. I’d have preferred that he’d got sent off to prison- and I have no doubts he’s dead however. In a way though I can’t see the guy wanting to rot for the rest of his days in prison… still.

Honestly my pity for Syndrome does exist- it’s just it’s easier to pity Randall given his relative position in terms of antagonists, plus he’s merely a henchman at best and Waternoose is the big bad in that movie. Syndrome is in charge so… yeah. No real ‘puppet master’ for HIM. He doesn’t have as good reasons either for acting the way he did either. Though he DOES have them.

Waternoose- well I pity him even though I don’t like him because obviously he seems to have been taught that love and companionship must come second to his aspirations, even the ones who help/try to do the real work to get you there or even think of you as a father, which is just as sad as it is terrifying really.

Syndrome? Well it seems that as well as fighting tooth and nail to make something of himself given the fact it is horrifically unlikely he inherited that business! He gives the lower income vibes really (a point in his favour, which makes him better than Waternoose who was probably shoved in the family business and got away with that sort of thing, then again arms are much worse than scaring kids isn’t it? So that’s kind of a very dark grey area). Also we only know a mother is in the picture when he was a child- and it would make sense if his father is not around and he then latched on Mr.I as a father figure- then got his hopes crushed and was made to feel like nothing.

Possibly, a very small part of ‘Buddy’ still feels like the stupid kid who was told by his hero to ‘fly home’.

But still, there’s something seriously OFF with the guy even as a kid when he’s trying to help Mr.I- something wrong with him mentally speaking despite his smarts, which he probably SHOULD have got help for- he was a ticking time bomb really even as a kid, and in the end was practically a SOCIOPATH by the end- an even bigger one than Waternoose. (Who while isn’t a complete sociopath, does have many sociopathic tendancies).

I feel pity on this level also for him- having a clear and extreme mental disorder, but it makes him pretty unrelateable at the same time. I mean I guess you could say we’re ALL a little screwy in the head on some level, no matter who you are, but on Syndrome’s level? That would be a no.

Can’t say I laughed at his death myself though I DID of course want him to fail- obviously. I don’t really enjoy character deaths most of the time though, regardless of who it is- even when I was a kid the disney ones of villains sometimes made me uncomfortable don’t ya know? Not all the time of course but yeah… :stuck_out_tongue:. It depends on how its handled really. It can be hard to pull of a karmic ending for an antagonist really- If a death is ‘needed’ then I prefer the idea of them being destroyed DIRECTLY due to what they were TRYING to do at that moment in their bad plans, or because they refused to listen to the the hero, or heck, even because they tried to do the right thing and it was a repentence thing.

It’s hard to do a ‘karmic death’ though in fiction.

Honestly, I thought it was hilarious when his cape got him sucked into his own jet. My dad and I both laughed so hard at thet part. I honestly sympathized with Syndrome until he tried to blow up Helen’s jet.

I just watched the movie five minutes ago! :smiley: