Storms

^Haha, it’s fine! I was suprised too when I first found out. Considering that Hawai’i is on an active volcano in the middle of the ocean. On a fault line! :laughing:

Speaking of which, there was the largest recorded Earthquake on the East coast today! It was pretty small, by West Coast standards, but still very impressive. I found on facebook that quite a few members were startled by it.

There are some thunderstorms possible tonight, and 40% chance of severe weather tomorrow They only said severe weather, so it could be anything. :cry: I hope its just a thunderstorm, or that nothing happens at all cause if there is 40% chance, that means there is a 60% chance of nothing. :smiley:

Saw that on the news. Hope people are okay.

I’m glad that I wasn’t the only one who noticed the earthquake in the east coast. I started to notice it once my dresser started to shake.

Hope we don’t have a big snowstorm like we did last winter.

Haha, my newspaper has a few articles about yesterday’s East Coast quake. One of them was all about how everyone on the West Coast is virtually mocking The East Coasters. One person quoted in the article said 'A 5.9 quake? That’s what we Californians use to stir our coffee!"

The biggest earthqauke I been in latly was a 5.2 in 2008.

Tonight there is a 50% chance of severe weather. All they said was severe weather so it could be any type of severe storm :open_mouth: I’m really scared about this :cry: They did say its a 50/50, so it would be cool if nothing happens at all, but I doubt it :cry: :cry:

I hope you’ll be okay annarborjack.

I hope Hurricane Irene doesn’t hurt the East Coast to much.

The news said that Irene isn’t supposed to hit my area until Sunday.

Oh dude, I hope you’ll be okay. After katrina, I always get anxious when it comes to huricanes.

Thanks! Well, were supposed to get winds at 50MPH which isn’t too bad. I’ll probably be camped out in the basement in my brother’s room.

I remember when Katrina hit. My middle school and I guess the wholw District were funraising for New Orleans.

Thanks to Irene, one of my friends is stuck on the east coast for the entire weekend.

I went on a mission trip to New Orleans last year. Although Katrina hit 5 years ago, many parts of it are abandoned and look like a war zone.

Who’s she? One of your friends? (sarcastic nudge)

I been shows about that.

Phew! Thank goodness Irene is almost over here.

Has the hurricane hit your area hard dude? ANd how are you doing?