Storms

Do you need the rain were you live?

Well, not really. I said that we were going to get severe weather during the week.

Stay safe dude.

please tell me this is happening in the pacific northwest…

Its happening in the east coast in New Jersey. It wasn’t too bad today but we got the rest of the week to go.

Stay safe Balliboi! Well thunderstorms are likely tonight. But usually they say if a storm will turn severe, but they didn’t, so it may just be a normal thunderstorms. If there is a thunderstorm tonight I’ll still check to see if it’s severe.

BTW You guys didn’t think I was dead, did you?

It’s safe to assume now that the thunderstorms are over now. Its been nice the past couple days and those storms felt like they went through quick.

We had a thunderstorm last night.

Am I the only person here who actually loves it whenever a thunderstorm (especially severe ones) roll through the area? Then again, I am from a place where we don’t get a lot of them (Northern Canada), and one of my favorite moviies as a kid was Twister, but still. :laughing:

We actually got a really good one last Sunday night, complete with pouring rain and hail. :smiley: I love hail, so long as it doesn’t punch holes in your siding or smash your windshield. XD

I defintely don’t like 'em! First off, they’re extremely rare where I live. Secondly, one of the few in my lifetime happened when I was a small child. I looked out my window, and at that moment a lightning bolt struck the light pole outside my window!

And there was a bright light and a LOUD boom, it was so scary! I’ve been scared ever since, but as I said before, it’s not a problem. Because thunderstorms are rare here.

I like them as long as their not severe.

I have never been in a servere storm before. And with any luck I’ll never have to go through one.

You have NEVER been in a servere storm?

Neither have I. Well, on my standards I have, once. But compared to what everyone else is saying here, it was nothing.

You got to love that California weather! But what we lack in terrifying early weather storms, is that we have Earthquakes and Wildfires.

I don’t think we get wildfires, but we do get earthquakes.

Not as often as California though! But the extremely rare Midwest ones are bad when they do occur.

But California is known for wildfires and quakes because of their quanity and size of destruction.

I was watching How the States got Their Shapes. And there was a study composed on which state is the safest to live in, disastor & weather wise. The result was suprising! Anyone have an idea of which state it is?

Texas?

Nope! Althought it’s on the middle of the ocean on active volcanos, Hawai’i is actually the safest! It has perfect weather all year round, and is lacking in extreme weathers, extreme wind, hurricanes, hail, or tornados.

forbes.com/2005/08/30/safest … me_ls.html

Between 1972 and 2000 Hawaii had only 12 major disasters declared, according to FEMA

The two most dangerous states are Texas, with 51 disasters declared. And then California, with 45.

The worst “storm” I’ve experienced is just really hard pouring rain, a little lightning, and fog… oh, and I was driving in it too. :open_mouth:

I was really far off then.