Space Jam/Space Jam 2

Laughable as in fascicle, or as in bad?

Laughable as in that there were a lot of parts in the movie that had me cracking up.

Oh good. I thought you meant it in a bad way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I tohught the acting was hilariously bad. but it is still a great movie to watch if you want a fun time.

Comedies are not the place for Grade actors, I personally think. Besides, MJ is a basket ball star, not a Hollywood A-lister. 8D

The combine stolen talents of the NBA players in the aliens is and will never be enough to be the greatest basketball player of all time.

Who is? I personally will always think Jordan is, but I don’t exactly [watch] basketball, somy opinion is worthless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m the same way about sports myself since I’m not really into watching it either. I mean I’m sure I knew Michael Jordan as a kid, but I was always watching Space Jam as a Looney Tunes movie. That’s why it’s a little harder for me to watch it now when the film isn’t just a cartoon and the NBA has a lot more to do with the story and stuff. I’m the same way about Kingdom Hearts. That game has the Disney universe side to it which I’m very knowledgeable about, but at the same time it also has the Final Fantasy series which I know literally nothing about. So I would only be playing it cause of the Disney characters like Donald and Goofy.

I’m a fan of the Space Jam. It may be lame, and a bit corny. But I like it! It’s a fun movie!

Is there really going to be a sequel in 2012? Wow :open_mouth:

As for me, i don´t think i´ll see the movie since it´s pretty stupid for me now (but i loved the film when i was a child)

I remember seeing the 1st one in theaters. it’s odd and stupid but I like it. I may see. I think most 90s kids like it.

Is there really going to be a sequel in 2012?

Space Jam 2 is real! I found the trailer online!
youtube.com/watch?v=j71HTYEuos8

I’m sure you were aware that trailer was fake and are just making a joke about it. More than that, the animation is undoubtedly nowhere as good as the actual film. People in the animation world may differ about Space Jam, but at least it was coming out of some skilled artists and animators. I know not to expect that much out of fan-made parody videos like this one, just that if it were me I wouldn’t be putting my time into stuff that comes out so cheap looking.

Great, yet another lame CollegeHumor video.

Lame? College Humor is quite popular amongst hipsters.

I didn’t say that it wasn’t popular among hipsters. I still think that 90% of their videos are lame.

I’d have to agree with EJE here. I’ve mentioned in other threads since way back that I’m not a huge fan of their cynical brand of holier-than-thou humour.

The only thing I chuckled at was the exchange between Leborn and Foghorn:

Lebron: “The only player you got over 3 feet is this racist *ss chicken”

Foghorn: “Ah said, ah said boy…”

Lebron: “What’d I tell you about calling me that?”

8D

But everything else was rather mean-spirited, and it just felt like a huge p*ss-take at Space Jam without a redemptive conclusion, especially with the squashing of that mouse at the end (like ‘The Sordid Tale of the Lamp’). It would’ve been funnier and more life-affirming if Bugs stood up to LeBron, or Jordan made an apperance at the end to save the day. That’s just my take on it.

To each his own. Different strokes for different blokes, one woman’s meat is another woman’s poison, let’s agree to disagree, etc. But thanks for sharing the link with us, TCM!

On another note, I really want to revisit this childhood favourite of mine, especially since the film music video is one of my favourites of all-time.

Dear above poster,

I respect your opinion, but dark, cynical comedy is more widespread than you might believe. The best examples I can think of are ironically examples that were removed, like the deleted Charlie & The Chocolate Factory chapter and the original version of the Directive A113 tape in which Shelby Forthwright is asphyxiating, and he uses his last breath to shout I WANNA LI—before it cuts off.

Oh, and there’s all the references to satanic folklore and the Hitler administration in Be Prepared from The Lion King. Those are examples that weren’t removed.

I understand if you find College Humor to be too cynical for you, but lots of things are cynical. If you try to avoid all of it, you’ll find yourself avoiding a lot.

The racism joke, in my opinion, was the darkest/most cynical joke in the whole video, though I’ll admit I laughed at it, partly because of how shocking it was, and partly because it was somewhat clever (Foghorn Leghorn really did talk to people like that in his cartoons). I fail to understand how that joke didn’t bother you, but eh. To each his own.

Now let’s talk about something else…like top hats!

Who here likes top hats?

I myself prefer bow ties.

This film with a sequel? That’s ridiculous…has anyone seen what they’ve done to Daffy Duck in the new cartoons? He’s NOT FUNNY anymore. Daffy Duck is the best Looney Tunes character, and this sequel won’t redeem him, most likely.