Sequel? :) or :(

Thats sick! I would have made a movie where nemo and the friends at the reef all go out for an adventure like underwater camping and Nemo’s friends keep on pressuring him to scare mr. ray at night to get into their secret club. He finally agrees he waits and a mysterious figure comes over silently and takes him away. then they all try and find him around the reef then get some clues that lead them to where ever Nemo has been taken.

Id love a sequel! The only problem is they found Nemo, so they would need a new title, or they would have to follow the same basis of a story line, which would be weak.

Im sure they could come up with something though, especially considering the fact that they ended the film with Dorey hanging out in Nemo and Marlins community.

Here’s my idea if Pixar ever made a Finding Nemo sequel:

A while has passed by and Marlin has grown old, and now Nemo is a young adult. One day, Nemo meets a pretty clownfish girl, and her name just happens to be Coral. Upon meeting her, Marlin remembers how the original Coral wanted to have half the children named Coral Jr. He is somewhat sad, in remembering Coral, yet joyful at the same time, because this new Coral is like the daughter, or in this case, daughter-in-law he never had.

The Conflict: Nemo and his wife Coral (they mate) decide to move back to the anemone Marlin once lived in, but Barracuda season is approaching. Even worse, Coral already had laid her fish eggs.

Knowing this, Marlin, Nemo, and Coral find out that Regal Tangs have a deadly poison in their spine (true fish fact, FYI) :wink: , so they hatch up a plan to take little rocks tha resemble fish eggs and cover them with Regal Tang poison and kill the barracuda that ate the original Coral in the past. In other words, DORY TO THE RESCUE!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (I’m also thinking Dory could be a babysitter or even better – marry Marlin!!!)

Overlapping story arc: The Tank Gang has survived with the water in their bags long enough, and Nigel unexpectedly finds them trapped, so he frees them by popping the bags with the tip of his beak. Gill, Peach, Bloat, Gurgle, Deb, Bubbles, and Jacques then find their way to the Great Barrier Reef by taking the exact same journey Marlin took to find Nemo in the first movie, but entirely in reverse. Oh, and Gurgle would speak whale. :laughing:

If any of you have any ideas on how I could improve this, please reply to me.

I don’t think having a sequel is a good idea. Why? The original was so good, making a sequel would ruin it, no matter how good it may be. That, and knowing Andrew Stanton, he never makes a sequel, and I don’t think he’d be happy doing one. I’d rather Stanton spend his time making original films over sequels. (Now that’s not say I’m not for TS3 or Cars 2, but I like Stanton’s work the way it is - Single, stand-alone films that shine above most films.)

Disney was actually planning a Finding Nemo 2 at one point without Pixar’s involvement (it was going to be the same team that would have originally made Toy Story 3) but then it was shut down after John Lasseter became the chief creative officer of Disney animation.

I would have to say no on a sequel. Like Wall-E this particular story did all that it needed to do.

A definate sequel ‘nope’ from me. As far as I’m concerned no Pixar films really need sequels, nor would I like to see them.

I’m sure Pixar could do a sequel to the same technical standard and emotional charm as the first, but the story is complete, any storyline which could be used for a FN2 could be easily adapted to feature a completely new setting and characters, something Pixar is so very, very good at.

All Pixar films deserve a sequel, but Nemo along with every other Pixar film is so great it doesn’t need a sequel. Sequels are just a bonus treat!

This one just felt so well closed. I can’t see them going anywhere with it. It’s probably, of all the Pixar films, the one I have the most trouble seeing a sequel for to be honest. ^^;

Some shorts about the tank gang would be nice though. I could see that.

I don’t think Finding Nemo needs a sequel as it ended so well and is a wonderful movie on it’s own as much as i want to see what Gil and his gang do after they escape. :slight_smile: Besides what happens Nemo get’s lost yet again? :unamused: The only movie’s i think deserve a sequel are Monsters, Inc. (of course) and The Incredibles. :sunglasses:

I would have to say no with regards a sequel to Finding Nemo.

Honestly, I see sequels as being roughly divided into three categories- these aren’t strict mind you.

1. Movies which kind of NEED a sequel.

It’s a fact that no story is perfect. There is no such thing and there never will be, but there are movies which seem to almost cry out for a sequel because they just leave you hanging. Of course this opinion differs from person to person. For me Monsters Inc desperately needs one. This also touches into the second category as well in terms of sequels however- because of the marvelous set up this movie has with which a sequel could be drawn- if the world they have created is to make sense given the many small things characters say and do which infers something about that world, what Sulley did to Randall was illegal- amnd what better set up for a sequel could there be than the protaganist having to deal with this? The amount of potential a sequel of this movie could have makes MY head implode, and almost makes me giddy sometimes.

That being said of course- no sequel is better than a bad one. If they were to bring in some rediculous plot line as shown by Boom!comics I wouldnt know what to think. While the comics has some good things- Sulley having trouble as CEO, which I WOULD like to see, it also has many many stupid things, like Boo not being older despite more than a year definitly passing, the stupid revenge plot, general logical WTFery and things not even making sense in the context of the comics themselves among other things means this is a plot I don’t want to see Pixar doing- honestly, they’re better than that. Or they should be.

Just because a movie seems to need a sequel, doesn’t mean someone should immedately rush in with one- they need a good story all the same. Need shouldn’t detract from quality after all. I’d prefer to wait for ever for a great sequel or even heck never have one then to get a terrible one quickly after all. I’m sure we all would.

2. Doesn’t need a sequel, but could go for it. It’s open.

Toy Story didn’t need a sequel, yet Toy Story 2 was a great movie in some respects. Cars doesn’t really need one- but the world has potential, even if its my least favourite Pixar. (Sad to say- if they’d been humans or anthropomorphic people like M.I., I might have liked it more).The Incredibles could fall under this category. The story was complete and it was good- but it wouldn’t be terrible if they h ad a sequel in other words. You can see openings. The Incredibles hasn’t got any fanfic from me yet, but it has some potential, even though its not really all that original in my opinion. But these movies could have something more to give perhaps. They don’t HAVE to at all- the movie is fine by itself, but you could, and I wouldn’t be horrified if they said a sequel was coming.

Of course, like the above, only if they have a good story (and Pixar seems to promise that… we’ll have to see if they keep to that).

3. They should leave it ALONE.

Finding Nemo I’m afraid- I mean there isn’t really much to work with, not enough for a whole movie. A short episode perhaps or something, but nothing movie length without getting too repetitive. WALL-E might be another (though I change my mind sometimes- it could also be category 2.) A Bugs Life and Ratatouille are other examples- there’s really nothing more which can be said, or at least anything left is not enough/doesn’t have enough potential for a movie sequel anyway. Who knows though, even then they might surprise us- but if any of THESE movies suddenly were given a sequel- I’d be way more pessimistic than optimistic I’m afraid.[/b]

I had actually been thinking myself how even Toy Story 2 didn’t need a sequel like the one we’re getting now. We all knew from that one that Andy would grow up one day and it was something we didn’t need to see happen (we just knew from Woody that it would be fun while it lasted), but Pixar decided to explore that idea anyway and I’m convinced that it’ll be yet another great addiction to the storyline. The reason it works so well with Toy Story is because that world is just open to more possibilities.

I agree with what you said about the other films too.

I’m in-between about this. I would love to see what happened to Gill and everyone else after the end. Or I liked the ‘Finding Dory’ idea at the beginning of this thread. :laughing:

Other than that, I don’t really think FN needs a sequel. :slight_smile:

Nay.
I don’t feel that Nemo has a big of enough character universe/story themes to make an interesting sequel.

When I was little I wanted sequels for EVERYTHING I liked - now I only want so with certain videogames. (Luigi’s mansion~~~~)

Finding Nemo should be left alone, it’s awesome as it is now.

Uumm…no.

No. I don’t want anymore sequels. People want to watch something new. I’m not completely against sequels, but some movies are good just the way they are.

Sequel? Big NO.

Dialogueless shorts catching up on our favorite characters? Heck yeah!

I like Finding Nemo the way it is! To me it’s not really a sequal movie.

pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/d … l?spref=tw

NOOOOOOOOO!!!