queen_of_painting's artwork (some nudity!)

It’s a picture of some posts sticking out of Lake Superior.

Here’s a frame from a rotoscope project I did:

The animation:

youtube.com/watch?v=O49kjnk1jSY

Keep in mind that I did this in a short period of time which was very stressful for me. If I could go back, I would get rid of the circles in the beginning, the grey lines in the background, and cut off the last few seconds. But other than that, I hope you enjoy it. =)

I like those black and white photos, queen_of_painting, they’re very striking. And that rotoscope is really cool! I love that sort of scribbley effect.

Nice black and white photos! And I like your rotoscope. A lot of tedious work! But it turned out cool; I like the scribbly look to it. :smiley:

I had a friend who tried to do a very detailed rotoscoping project that was a couple minutes long. Needless to say, she dropped the amount of detail after awhile!

I think the rotoscope looks pretty good. Despite the slight roughness, your hard work still flows and shows nicely. Those black and white photos are also really pretty.

The rotoscope does look good! It looks kinda 1980s to me. In style, I mean. I think just because of the way it’s animated.

Tres Bien!
Wow, that’s kinda…creepy…in a good way though…
Is that charcoal or ink or what?

It’s really good and has an interesting atmosphere. The only things that strike me as a little odd are the transitions between branch and trunk, and between the trunks and the water but that’s only minor.

Very strange and quite surrealist, but I like it! The girl’s face looks so delicate and the snakes swimming up to her are very ominous. Like Halos Nach Tariff, I’m interested in what medium this was done in, and also what the ideas behind it were.

Wow, amazing piece right there…I, too, would also like to know where the inspiration came from and what ideas are behind it.

I’m not actually very satisfied with the way these two things turned out, so I’ll probably fix it today or tomorrow. I appreciate your input. =)

To answer everyone’s question, the concept is falling into a dark state of mind (depression, stress, low self-confidence, etc.), which is represented by the forest in the river. I tried to make the young woman look vulnerable, alone, and lost. The snakes are what brings her trouble (it could be interpreted as a religious thing, but I don’t intend for it to be so). BTW, I don’t mean for this to sound so academic. I’ve never really explained my artwork before.

That’s really cool, queen_of_painting! Most artists draw what they feel with that kind of imagination kicked into gear. It’s a remarkable expression.

Some new pics from my photo class (they’re pictures OF pictures, so they’re not completely accurate).

Great black and white photos! I really like your use of focus in the first as well as the composition. Has a good visual path.

I like them…there’s something about the way one can focus on the ordinary until it looks like something new and different. I especially like how the first one is captured.

I agree, I really like the first one a lot. I love the perspective and the angle. That plus the black and white gives such a mood to it.

Those are very atmospheric! I’m not an expert when it comes to photography, but I agree with what everyone else has said about the use of focus and the black and white making it seem creepy.

A sketch I did of Wall-E this morning.

O.o

Whoa, you’ve got some serious talent! Bravo, Wall•E looks fantastic! I tip my hat to you.

Wow! Very good! That’s a perfect likeness there.

That looks amazing! Fantastic job!