Pixar Planet - Relaunching 2012

Since the relaunch I come here every day, realize its not any better, then leave. And I don’t know about you, but I’m seeing a lot less activity on the toy story board I used to frequent the most.

I’ve noticed that too, but on the up side (for me at least) there’s a lot more action happening in the Cars section!

My main complaint about the new design is that there is too much stuff on top of the content.
For PCs with small vertical resolutions (notebooks, netbooks) this means a lot of scrolling before you get to the content of the posts, the list of topics, etc.
Otherwise it looks nice, but the header is just too “fat”.

Indeed. But like any bug, I won’t throw at fit, because it’ll probably be fixed in a little bit.

I know right? :smiley: It’s a phenomenon that happens here if you’ve been a member here long enough. After the DVD release, the ‘hype’ on the respective thread will die down. I experienced the same ‘slump’ with Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up (and countless other threads in the ‘Other Animation’ section). :frowning: But you know what? I just participate in discussions of the next Pixar movie, while posting occasionally in the older threads.

For isn’t that the message of Toy Story 3? To accept the inevitable and look forward to the future? :wink:

^ That would have been my exact words.

But, hey, everybody keeps ignoring my question. Where can I see the current time on the new layout?

Oh snap. I don’t think that could have been said any better. Agreed :smiley:

SoA: There used to be a current time on the layout? I don’t mean to be rude, but don’t you have a clock on your computer? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry I can’t be of much help on this topic D:

Yes, there used to be a clock on here.

And yes, I have a clock on my computer, but it has my country’s hour, and I used the one on here with the CST time.

Is it the 12 hour clock or 24 hour clock?

It was a 12 hour clock, I remember that.

This new layout is driving me nuts! I don’t automagically login anymore, and only TS3 and Up are available BGs? Well, actually, that’s cool. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I’ll just have to adjust. Not comfortable yet, though. :neutral_face:

Don’t worry, they already said they’re working on every background. They’ll upload the rest of them soon.

And I suppose the automatic login problem is just a bug they’ll fix. It works fine for me!

My only complaint about the website is the lack of the Birthday list. (Or if it’s here, idk, I can’t find it) Besides that, I loves it!

I didn’t know we had a pool!

Most forums, if not all forums, I visit, and believe me that’s a LOT, the avatars are positioned to the left. Er… there I go again. Sorry about that.

Still awesome work, but I fear that I may be visiting the forums less now. D:

Really? That makes me sad…

Agreed. I don’t see me coming back except for semi big news (like wave 3 for the TSC, or sneek peaks/trailers for future pixar projects)

Wow… I really think the new layout is kind of a lame excuse for less frequent visits. But that’s just my opinion. :confused:

It’s just like with every stupid Facebook change. People whine and complain and say they’ll never get used to it and that they hate it and stuff, and then a month later they’re cool with it and do the exact same thing when it changes again. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

Exactly what little_chef said. I’m already totally use to it, and I think for the most part the changes have been big improvements! You also need to keep in mind how much work and time was put into designing all of this. It didn’t just appear here, this is someone’s work.

Exactly what little_chef said. I’m already totally use to it, and
[/quote]
I think for the most part the changes have been big improvements! You also need to keep in mind how much work and time was put into designing all of this. It didn’t just appear here, this is someone’s work.