Pixar Planet - Relaunching 2012

Well this is quite different :open_mouth: :laughing:

Itā€™s going to take me a while to get used to having the user bar(?) on the right, instead of the left. So far though, it seems the new forum software is a tad snappier than the old software. (Old software was phpBB2 wasnā€™t it?)

Edit: It seems that the search is broken.

Nightwheel - Thanks for alerting me about the search! The software is currently indexing all posts and search will be ready to be used in a couple of hours. Thanks for your patience.

An update has been added to the first post of this tread for your information.

EDIT: As for the avatars being on the right-hand side, this is due to the change in the forum software and is not my choice. I am unable to change it to the left. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Gotta say, looks really nice, andā€¦ 2011! :sunglasses:

The thing that sticks out the most is the menubar directly underneath the main banner (the bar with ā€œMenuā€ and ā€œProfileā€ ) looks a little out of place aesthetically, just to be picky. Otherwise, it looks great. Good to see PP is going strong - adapting and flourishing in an everchanging web!

Phileas, my good man, let me say that you have done a fantastic job updating the website as quickly and efficiently as possible! Iā€™m not really perturbed by the avatar being on the right (it is a pretty unique design choice on the forum software, and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll stand out from other forums). I do agree with the comments that the sidebars are huge (I get the impression Iā€™m in a huge warehouse or chamber or something), but again, itā€™s hardly an issue with me.

The only design flaw I didnā€™t like is that the login field is on separate page to be reloaded instead of on the main site. I preferred the older version where you can just enter your username and password in the fields.

Other than that, itā€™s lookinā€™ great! I love the fact that thereā€™s now more room for signatures (something which I enjoyed on Wall-E Forums, in comparison to always being frustrated when this forum here resizes my signatures and I can only write one line of text). And you can save your messages as drafts! Canā€™t wait to see the other themes. :slight_smile:

Where can we see the hour on the new layout?

Kind of a shame about the avatars on the right. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever be able to live with that. D: I kid, Iā€™ll try to adjust.

Aside that itā€™s amazing work, though! Jeez I must change my signature, that paper Conker is clogging up my postsā€¦

Very unexpected update of the forum for me, but still a welcome one. The thing Iā€™m most happy about is finally making a Toy Story 3 theme, though I personally would have liked to have seen one for all three films so other characters arenā€™t left out. I also noticed just now that only the Toy Story and Up themes are available for me. Are there other ones being made that havenā€™t been added yet? And I agree with everyone else on the avatars on the right feeling a bit strange in comparison to many other forums.

The changes will take getting used to, but I think I can adjust.

Me likey the new look! :smiley: Its quite sleek and a bit more colorful and expressive than the old one. Itā€™ll take some getting used to, though.

Are the massive sigs here to stay? I assumed it was only temporary, but if it was intentional Iā€™d have to say its an eye sore. It adds unnecessary clutter to the entire page. We have an art forum for those who want to express themselves as well as avatars, so why do we need them this large in our sigs? Itā€™s a waste of space, and takes longer to scroll to the bottom.

You say all the changes have been thought out, well Iā€™d love to hear the reasoning behind the biggest changes. I donā€™t see the logic other than being different for the sake of being different.

^Most of the signatures donā€™t look much bigger to me. shrugs 'Sides, I love the siggies! They are usually so much more expressive than avatars.

yiiiish. I admittedly donā€™t like the layout very much. Itā€™s TOO sleek. Too low contrast. Hurts my eyes. D:

Hey Phileas, thanks for the Pixar Planet Flickr group shout out!

I love the new design! but what Badger said is true. The avatar on the right is a little bit strange. I hope i get used to it. :wink:

Itā€™s really different, but in a good way. Iā€™ll probably get used to it in no time. The modern look is really cool.

Iā€™m already totally use to it! :smiley:

I donā€™t know. For some reason, it still hasnā€™t grown on me. I seem to be visiting less because of it. That sounds a bit harsh though, as itā€™s seems very obvious that alot of effort was put into it. I completely respect that, although itā€™s going to take longer to get used to it than I thought it would.

Still, I congratulate you for putting alot of work into it. However, there are two problems with it. The link to the chatroom is broken and the sign-in automatically option doesnā€™t quite work the way it should. If you can, please fix these. Thanks.

Really liking the new style. :-D)

I must say that this version is WAY easier. Iā€™m used to it alright :-\ :-P . YEEHAAAWWW!

[quote="Chipfoods":1ww14iln]I must say that this version is WAY easier. Iā€™m used to it alright :-\ :-P . YEEHAAAWWW![/quote:1ww14iln]

I hope you post around here more! :D

Hey chipfoods! Nice to see you on the forums! I see how youā€™re racking up those 4 postsā€¦ impressive. :sunglasses:

I like the new style, something PP needed. As for the right hand side bar, eh, Iā€™m used to it. Took a day to get used to, but Iā€™m back. itā€™s refreshing. Everything feels new.

That, and I needed to start posting on the forums again.

You did a nice job, Phileas!