Pixar Planet Movie Night

I’m really shocked at how fast this filled up. Kinda feel honored to have gotten something together so early in my life here :smiley: Glad to support the site.

And yeah, totally, I’ll definitely post how it went, and I’m expecting a great time! :slight_smile:

Don’t be surprised if I don’t turn up. My grandparents are in hospital, but they’re OK at the moment. So I’ll do my best to make it, but I’ve warned you.
Don’t wait for me.

Oh wow, I’ll keep that in mind. Best wishes towards them, I hope they’re ok! Thanks for the heads up, and I really hope thinks turn out well, for their sake, and the sake of your attendance! Good luck with that,… :\

Best wishes to your grandparents, Wall-E! Hope they get well soon!

Thanks you two :slight_smile:

Alright, I’m heading for work. Just to be sure, this whole thing starts just over 10 and a half hours from this post. I’ll be back in about 5-6 hours, and I’ll be on the computer with Skype on all night. Might want to show up a bit early so we can get started promptly.

Hope to see all you guys, this is gonna be fantastic! I’m gonna be late for work, so I’m off!

From the sounds of things there’s going to be quite a few of us turning up… that should be awesome. Whoever hosts the call would have to have the best Internet connection, (not me, heheh.) I’m sure it’ll be a fun experience and a first for Pixar Planet. :sunglasses:

That’s too bad about you not being able to attend, lizardgirl 'cause I was looking forward to chatting with ya, but if you end up finishing your packing early or want to join in at the last minute, just log onto Skype and I’m sure ffdude1906/Chris would let you join in on the chat. Have fun on your vacay, though. =)

WALL·E - I hope your grandparents get well soon…

Well, talk to ya all later, I guess! :smiley:

Yeah, If you end up being able to come, I’d totally let you jump in, definitely. As for the connection, I was thinking the same thing at work. It’d probably not be the best idea for me to host the call, my internet kinda acts up from time to time, and I’d hate for that to happen and drop the entire group. If anyone would like to volunteer for hosting the call, let me know. It needs to be someone with a good connection.

I’m trying my best to get Skype to work on this laptop. It spends three minutes or so at the log in screen and then just says “cannot connect”. Going to install Skype on other laptops and see if it works there. Hoping to join you guys!

Well, it’s safe to say that the first Pixar Planet movie session was a smashing success! I’m really glad to have coordinated this thing, and thank you to everyone who came, and whoever couldn’t make it, I’ll try to give a good notice before anything is taken too far.

We ended up showing the movie with 9 people, and they were all great to talk with, thanks again guys for being there, and making this thing so enjoyable. I look forward to holding more of these, and expect just as much of a great time. Glad to have helped the site out! :smiley:

I really enjoyed the session. At first I thought more than 5 people would be chaotic but it really wasn’t and there was still plenty of time for participants to say what they wanted. It was pretty relaxed and there were a lot of fun moments. Andre and Chris’ impressions had me laughing quite a few times. 8D

Hope we can do this again- if the time suits me, you can count me in. The same time of day would be convenient for me, except it would be better on a Fri/Sat/Sun night, where I don’t have work the next day. Well, I’ll let Chris organise it, and thanks for doing so, buddy!

Congratulations on the successful session.

I hope the next movie night will be on a weekend, I’d really love to participate. :slight_smile:

I think the next one should be on Saturday, same time. If that doesn’t work, Sunday same time. That’s just for now, I can move times if I have to but I’d really love to have a regular time for it. It’s super early for those of us in the states, but if we can get around that, it works across the board.

Just let me know what you guys think. Also, movie suggestions. No Finding Nemo, that’s all I have to say! haha

Can’t do Saturday or Sunday. I’m going out of town; going to be without the internet for the weekend again. sigh

Saturday, same time works for me. This will be one of the last free saturdays I have in a while and I plan to enjoy it.

As for movie suggestions: The Incredibles
I haven’t seen it in forever
If everyone wants to see something different,I’m cool with that too

Hey, if this is going down on Saturday, who’s up for it? If I don’t get enough people, I’ll push it to Sunday. Just get a hold of me on skype, even if I’m away, just let me know you’re good for it.

When we say Saturday… do we mean Saturday the 25th of July?

If so what feature? … as I am missing my copy of The Incredibles… cause I misplaced it somewhere… where I do not know!

Otherwise… I dare say… Bring on the noise and I’m in otherwise

I’m good for Saturday.

Looking forward to it!

I usually can’t do weekends

I’ll join only if you guys pick a better timeslot.