Partly Cloudy

Thank you so much miafka

Hehe, Partly Cloudy.
I always liked Peter Sohn, and I’m looking forward to his short film. :smiley:
The plot looks interesting, and a couple of the concepts I saw looked good. So I can’t wait to see what Mr. Sohn has for us.

aintitcool.com/node/40793

sorry if it’s been posted before.

I am so excited. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so so so excited excited excited excited excited :smiley: :smiley: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here’s a clip for Partly Cloudy!

Now I’m really excited for this… It looks like it will be great!

Well it did grab my attention, just as it was starting to get interesting the clip was done. I want to know [spoil]where all these storks were flying to[/spoil]

Aww, [spoil]the little kittens! How sweet! I hadn’t thought of the storks delivering animals as well as humans! :laughing:[/spoil] I wasn’t sure about Partly Cloudy upon hearing its sypnosis, but now I’ve seen that little clip I’m feeling better about this short. I think that it’s also going to really suit being shown before Up. Thanks for the link, Disney_Guy!

Partly Cloudy will hopefully live up to the name of Pixar Short Films. As you may know (or not) I am a big fan of the short films in particular.

There is a short clip of Partly Cloudy.
Hope it hasn’t been posted yet.

awntv.com/videos/partly-cloudy-clip/

Beat’cha to it. :wink:

It is my impression, or a window that the woman of elastic (Incredibles)?

Nope.

Partly Cloudy looks really cute, and really entertaining. This will probably be my favorite Pixar short. :smiley:

Looks great, and the difference between babies and then seeing UP about an old man… the comparison is very funny.

Shorts always have some sort of connection or similarity to the movie it preceds… I can’t wait!

I went to an advanced screening of Up this morning and they showed Partly Cloudy before it. Peter Sohn did a great job! Fantastic short!

*minor spoilers

[spoil]There was no dialogue in this short. Pete Sohn handled it really well with great expressive faces on all characters. You could really feel for the characters and knew exactly what each was thinking/feeling. The lack of dialogue added a lot to the short. It had a good story arc and a nice, rather humorous ending. [/spoil]

Hannahmation, when you think about it, the only original Pixar short (Not counting the shorts based on the feature films) to ever feature any dialogue at all was Boundin’. So I wouldn’t necessarily say he got the idea to have no dialogue in it because of WALL-E.

Disney_Guy: That is true… Didn’t really think about that! I change my post. It must have just been something that stood out for me in this short compared to the others.

Putting on my most pedantic hat I’ll point out that “Boundin” didn’t even have any “dialogue”, as only one person spoke (hence it was a “monologue”)

Onto other matters, I couldn’t find anyone else posting this link so I’ll throw it on up.

Pete Sohn talks to Animation World magazine about “Partly Cloudy”.
mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=page … 969&page=1

Manning - Actually, both the sheep and the jackalope in Boundin’ spoke, so it was more like a conversation. Heh.

– Mitch

I was disappointed by Partly Cloudy. I really wanted to like it, and I’d like to know what all of you out there who have seen it think of it. Here is what I think, pulled from my review of Up and Partly Cloudy (disneyetc.blogspot.com/2009/05/m … loudy.html):

I only have one thing to say about Pixar’s latest short: Worst Pixar Short Ever. Sure, it was funny, it had a decent premise ([spoil]in a world where clouds create babies of every creature, our main character is the cloud that gets stuck making the vicious and harmful animals[/spoil]), but there was no story. The whole short was simply set-up. Partly Cloudy opens by visually describing the way that this version of the world works by showing the storks who deliver the babies and the clouds who create them, and then they introduce our lonely cloud and show the kinds of animals he gets stuck creating. [spoil]Then it ends. It just ends right there[/spoil]! All conflict with hardly any resolution. It doesn’t have anything near the satisfying or ironic endings of Knick Knack, For the Birds, or Geri’s Game. The scenes where our main cloud creates the animals and gives them to his gawky partner-stork are hilarious, but you don’t care about any of the characters! Like I said, all of Partly Cloudy was set-up: no story arch, and only character development. Partly Cloudy was basically a film that only showed you this disgruntled cloud inadvertently harming his stork-friend. Especially after the gloriously great short of last year, Presto, I am very disappointed with Partly Cloudy. It seemed more like a preview, or the first half of a short, but it certainly didn’t have enough of anything (except maybe humor) to support itself as a ‘film’. Partly Cloudy, sadly, was a major letdown. I really tried to like it, and I even discussed it with a bunch of other Pixar fanatics, but we all came to the same, disappointing conclusion: gorgeous animation, great premise, hilarious gags, but just not enough to make it a satisfying short.

But don’t start marching on Emeryville just yet, the greatness of Up certainly made up for its inadequate short film, and I cannot wait to see the sure-to-be-outstanding 11th feature to come out of Pixar: Toy Story 3.[spoil][/spoil]