Partly Cloudy

I don’t have access to the magazine either, Martin, but I do understand where you are coming from. I personally would rather wait until the picture is released officially, rather than see you get in trouble for scanning copyrighted material.

I think that keeping this site in good standing with Disney•PIXAR, is worth waiting to see that picture. We will see it eventually, and I don’t mind if I come across it somewhere else on the net - I would check it out in that case - but I know that I wouldn’t want to be the one to breach copyright law.

• C-3PO

Mitch- Thanks for the link. The price seems to be the same for people overseas, but there’s an added international shipping charge which is bound to be very expensive. And I wouldn’t pay $74.99 anyway. :laughing:

Anyway, I’m happy to wait and see the actual thing for itself when it comes out with Up sometime in the next eon or two, since it makes viewing it the first time all the more exciting. :smiley:

lizardgirl - You’re welcome!

Yeah, Disney’s prices for pretty much anything are ridiculous. I was watching a special “Disney-fied” presentation of The View today, and Bob Iger was present… telling everyone how great this D23 business is. It’s great if you’re rich. I wish that they’d lower the price just a touch to, say, $40.00 a year or something. Don’t they notice the financial crisis that’s abroad? :stuck_out_tongue:

But I wander from the original subject. Back on-topic… :wink:

– Mitch

I saw this on Upcoming Pixar. I think this short is going to be a very funny short. A clever and orginal idea too.

Alrighty, I have put the picture up on the blog:
pixarplanet.com/blog/exclusive-o … tly-cloudy
You can click on it to see a bigger version from AWN.
Enjoy!

I love it already! Interesting plot…I think it was inspired by Dumbo somehow.

Well I’m not sure how much Dumbo has to do with it, seeing as how I’ve only watched it once, many years ago. I’ve seen the stork/baby thing used in lots of different places, from Looney Tunes shorts to Family Guy. I gotta say though, [spoil]storks and babies [/spoil]wasnt something I’d associate with a title like Partly Cloudy, but that’s not a bad thing. It’s just a surprise.

martini - Thank you very much for uploading that picture! The concept art for the short is lovely.

– Mitch

That picture is gorgeous! It’s all much more realistic than I imagined it to be- I guess I assumed that since some of the characters are actually clouds, then it’d be more cartoony, like Boundin’. I’m very excited about this short now! Thanks for uploading that picture, martini.

Thanks for the image, Martin! That’s so lovely. I can’t wait to see what it looks like fully rendered and everything. I assume that image is concept art…? The more I think about this short film the more I like it. Clouds are very beautiful and the core storyline, which is about the importance of communication, is really intriguing.

Cool picture Martin. I really am excited for this short.

To everyone: There is a Barnes & Noble book store in my area, and my mom and I occasionally frequent that particular center. Since it’s been reported that the first edition of the D23 magazine is on display at this outlet, I would be more then happy to go down to the store, find the images of the two title characters from Partly Cloudy that are supposedly in the magazine, and draw them, and then upload my depiction of them for you guys to see.

I’m uncertain as to whether or not this act would be deemed illegitimate, but I’m willing to do it if you guys would like me to, especially seeing as I’m quite fond of drawing anyway (as you all know). :slight_smile:

Correct me if I’m wrong, as the conceptual art that martini put up on Upcoming Pixar may be the only image from Partly Cloudy that is in the magazine. If so, then I sincerely apologize. Heheh.

– Mitch

Yup, the magazine image and the image circulating the net are the same pictures. But thanks for offering that to everyone, Mitch, it was very nice of you!

martini - Ah! Very well then. Just making sure. You’re welcome, in any case! :wink:

– Mitch

I highly anticipate this short. The title has so many possibilities. Who knows what pixar will think of next.

Why isn’t this a Sticky? :question: :unamused:

I’m looking forward to this one so much, thinks it’s gonna be hilarious and for all those “aaaww”-people, I believe they will get there share of cuteness! Haha :wink:

And just have to say, rachelcakes1985 I love you’re picture with the India Golf 99! Haha!

TAMATER - Done deal. This thread has now been made a “Sticky”. Thank you for mentioning it!

:wink:

– Mitch

Hadn’t seen the synopsis yet on the blog… what an interesting idea!

The clouds really look cool in the concept art, and I’m sure they’re gonna be beautiful.

We had an additional Up session today where we also finished recording the rest of the music to Partly Cloudy. I posted about it (no spoilers) in the Up section’s “Up Tempo” thread.