Night and Day (Toy Story 3's Short)

CG but 2D huh. I wonder if this will have a sort of Paper Mario vibe to it, if anybody here knows that video game?

2D CG? Sounds good to me. I’m kinda looking forward to this one

I’m geekin’ out about Pixar’s short ‘Day and Night’. I can’t wait. Do you guys remember when in Jr. High School our science teacher said the sun never sets in Reykjavik, Iceland? Day light goes into the evening because we adopted GMT and that is the magic of time. It’s gonna be mind blowing.
timeanddate.com/worldclock/a … =-11&day=1

I’m very happy that Day and Night will incorporate 2D animation. I’m eager to see if Pixar will continue to use 2D in their future works. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day Pixar releases an entirely hand drawn feature length film.

Pixar Talk has debuted an exclusive still from Night & Day! :smiley:

pixartalk.com/2010/05/exclusive-day-night/

Does the screenshot remind anyone of [spoil]the opening of the final race from Cars for some reason?[/spoil] :slight_smile:

[spoil] Yes, it looks like those planes that fly over the speedway! [/spoil]

Funny how Pixar always relate their things ;-p

I notice it now that you point it out. It does look like that! Funny, I didnt catch that the first time

Here’s another one:

OOh, I really like the image above!

Slashfilm has an exclusive clip up, but it’s not working at the moment.
slashfilm.com/2010/05/20/exc … day-night/

I was able to watch it.

This looks like its going to be my favorite short. :smiley:

I was able to watch it too! Looks awesome :smiley:

Awesome indeed. :smiley:
That clip reminds me a bit of Knick Knack.

Yes, with [spoil]the character trying to reach the bikini girl[/spoil] 8D

Spoiler-tagged TDIT

the new clip is awesome! can’t wait to see the rest.

and i thought of knick knack when i saw it too. haha.

I don’t really see the fuss about this short… normally I’m a Pixar worshiper, lol… but the look of this isn’t triggering anything with me, at all …
Hope to be blown away when I see it in full :confused:

Did you know when ‘Day & Night’ was shown for the first time to the public in Honolulu, Hawaii, the synchronized day and night place for Honolulu is a god forsaken place in Botswana, Africa? That’s right. When it’s day time in Honolulu, its night time in Botswana and when it’s day time in Botswana, it’s night time in Honolulu, everyday.

So how you figure the synchronized day and night out is finding opposites. Honolulu’s coordinates are 21 degrees North, 157 degrees West. So finding opposites on a world map is to first, change 21 degrees North to 21 degrees South. The last part, changing West to East is a bit tricky. Honolulu is 157 West so the opposite is 180 degrees. The opposite here is 23 East. Got it? I hope you got it. So, the synchronized day and night place for Honolulu is 21 degrees South, 23 degrees East, which is some road in Botswana. Check it out on Google Earth in 3D.

Check here if you still don’t understand sychronizing day and night.
Honolulu coordinates: 21 degrees North, 157 degrees West
Botswana coordinates: 21 degrees South, 23 degrees East

I just want to hype up Pixar’s next short since we don’t have much information about the short.

That’s very interesting, Rey. I just about got it after reading it twice. :laughing:

Thanks for reading through my writing Lizardgirl. The instructions you read through were the best from a friend of mine. Another instructions I heard had a lengthy talk about the East and West had to be subtracted from the coordinates, but what happens if it’s a negative number coordinate. You get better if you do say five more of synchronizing day and night calculations.

I use a world atlas bound book to check synchronize day and night. But, if you really want accurate locations like on Google Earth try this one again with Honolulu and then punch in these numbers and letters on Google Earth.

Honolulu, Hawaii coordinates:
21.308889 N
-157.826111 W

The synchronize day and night place for Honolulu is:
21.308889 S
22.173889 E
It’s somewhere in Botswana again.

180=157.82611+22.173889

By the way, Teddy Newton’s short film title page with the interceptor planes roaring over an airstrip makes me think he is or was a jet pilot. An interceptor pilot has to know day and night times at 10,000 feet above sea level at any given day to search for an intruder in the sky.

That clip certainly made me giggle! And piqued my interest for sure