Name for Jack-Jack's powers

I would like a sequel where they don’t jump so far ahead into the future.

But let’s not get too off topic here folks.

I thought shapeshifting, but after reading this I figured he does’nt know what his powers are yet.
He’s an infant and does’nt really know what his powers are yet for sure. He has so many mixed into one.
He could, however, just be a mishmosh super hero.

More than likely, this is the case. Which kinda makes me sad, since Brad Bird was super-specific all the way through the movie and gave Frozone and all the other Parrs each one power. Just seems like he got done writing the final battle in town and ten just gave up when it came to Syndrome kidnapping Jack-Jack.

Well, in the movie, he morphs into three different forms. But in the short, he displays other powers too, like levitation, teleportation, phasing through walls, animal-like qualities, and laser vision.

lol, I can’t get that image out of my mind now!

Oh boy, really? Teenaged Jack Jack and teenaged dil? Oh boy, I can kinda picture it.

Maybe there’s a rare breed of super hero that displays more than one power.
Could be a reaction between two parents who are supers.

That’s a very good idea. I like it. :smiley:

IV: I totally agree! Excellent idea Zenoah.

That’s the only real explination I could think of really.
He’s not really a shape shifter…unless he can shift other things like gravity.

When you mentioned Jack-jack being a rare breed of Supers that only disply only one power, not to be critical, but doesn’t VIolet Parr also display more than one superpower?

Either it’s not so rare having two powers, or being ‘rare’ runs in the family.

I think you are right with rare running in the family Ellie-jessie-eve. I mean, Jack-Jack displays all of these powers. His sister Violet has invisibility and force fields. But when you look at Mr. Incredible, he not only has supper strength, but he also has invulneravility (if that counts as a super power)

I just assumed she had 2 for the same reasons as Jack-Jack; they both have 2 super parents. And then Dash just got shut out of that gene pool.

That’s an idea too, IV.
Dash IS the middle child and often times the middle child gets left out. It may be the creators way of pointing that out.
His two sibblings having more that one power while he’s stuck with one.

That makes sense. But I doubt that’s a major part of the story or was intentional. For most of the movie the audience believes Jack Jack is lacking powers. He only has duel powers for the last 10 minutes of the film.

There is that, and then the short Jack Jack Attack where they show a bit more of his powers.

Also, found this just now:

Creator Brad Bird explains on the DVD that Jack-Jack’s varied abilities are a metaphor for how young children have infinite possibilities ahead of them in life.

In issue #0 of the comic series, it is mentioned that Jack-Jack’s full name is John Jackson Parr.

Wow, thanks for those facts Zenoah! I remember hearing about how each character’s powers kind of reflect their roles in life (Like Helen’s power relefts the fact that mothers are very flexible or something like that). But I never heard about “John Jackson Parr!” Very neat.

yeah his first name given in the comics was John Jackson. But I’m not sure if brad Bird intended on that. And giving jack-Jack all these powers to represent his infinite possibilities is genious.

That’s a good one, But there’s also Morth’s on comic’s